Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hog target Maureese Wren talks visit, possible pledge

Started by Richard Davenport, June 29, 2017, 11:14:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jackflash

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

ricepig

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on July 02, 2017, 08:40:34 pm
this could be that OLB we've been needing.

One hopes as we're supposedly passing on another one.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: ricepig on July 02, 2017, 09:11:15 pm
One hopes as we're supposedly passing on another one.
surely not passing on the kid from georgia set to announce tomorrow?
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

ricepig

ricepig

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on July 02, 2017, 09:27:42 pm
surely not passing on the kid from georgia set to announce tomorrow?

Wren and Jones will take Geathers and Strickland's spots.

King Kong

Quote from: ricepig on July 03, 2017, 12:46:42 pm
Wren and Jones will take Geathers and Strickland's spots.

Dang. I really liked Geather's film and bloodlines

ricepig

Quote from: King Kong on July 03, 2017, 04:09:24 pm
Dang. I really liked Geather's film and bloodlines

Supposedly they fell in love with Wren, and his potential versatility. I liked Geather's too, but they don't pay me for my opinion. Wren has a lot of athleticism too.

LJHOG

ricepig

Quote from: LJHOG on July 03, 2017, 06:54:41 pm
Has he announced yet?

Tomorrow night, but the "experts" are saying we are taking Wren and Jones instead.

blu

"But it is no shame to suffer for being a Christian. Praise God for the privilege of being called by His name!"  I Peter 4:16

HardingHog

Quote from: ricepig on July 03, 2017, 07:18:35 pm
Tomorrow night, but the "experts" are saying we are taking Wren and Jones instead.

I say why can't we take those 2 and Geathers/Strickland?

lumphog

blu

"But it is no shame to suffer for being a Christian. Praise God for the privilege of being called by His name!"  I Peter 4:16

ricepig

parallaxpig

noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

ricepig

Quote from: parallaxpig on July 04, 2017, 02:19:01 pm
Oh now, the numbers always work themselves out.........
Not in this situation, they will for a Dunlap, Sewell, Simpson, Baskerville......

Richard Davenport

Quote from: HardingHog on July 03, 2017, 11:37:18 pm
I say why can't we take those 2 and Geathers/Strickland?

If you don't have the spots, you can't.

HardingHog

sowmonella

Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

secneahog

Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

Richard Davenport

Quote from: secneahog on July 07, 2017, 07:32:49 am
I would put him on commitment watch immediately

LOL. I didn't see him waiting past July. I think the reasons are obvious.

secneahog

This kid is a STUD. He will fit PERFECTLY in our 3-4.
This kid knows how to attack! Great size too. 

I watched his highlight video and see why Arkansas is drooling over him. 

Randy Ramsey 2.0
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

presidenthog

Quote from: secneahog on July 10, 2017, 10:48:12 am
This kid is a STUD. He will fit PERFECTLY in our 3-4.
This kid knows how to attack! Great size too. 

I watched his highlight video and see why Arkansas is drooling over him. 

Randy Ramsey 2.0

I watched his hudl as well. Nothing but wr plays....

presidenthog

Quote from: Rock City Razorback on July 12, 2017, 06:53:46 am
Did we lose out on Geathers in favor of this kid, or did Geathers just choose UL? Seems like he was a really good prospect and all of the OLB we've been on have gone elsewhere. Hard to rank this kid as he's played mostly WR. But it is nice to have athletes on the defensive side of the ball (as long as they love to hit!)
Word is we passed on geathers for wren. I hope that is true and we didn't just lose out on the one we wanted.

secneahog

Quote from: presidenthog on July 10, 2017, 01:41:52 pm
I watched his hudl as well. Nothing but wr plays....

Well obviously we didn't watch the same video smart guy.

secneahog

secneahog

presidenthog

He is visiting cu currently. He better pick us over them or I'm gonna get drunk.

secneahog

Quote from: presidenthog on July 28, 2017, 05:14:29 pm
He is visiting cu currently. He better pick us over them or I'm gonna get drunk.

If he is actually there, then he just saw the difference.  Hog

ricepig

Not committing, just moving up his date from Sept 27th.

presidenthog

Quote from: secneahog on July 28, 2017, 05:22:00 pm

It actually says he is in texas

presidenthog

parallaxpig

noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

theFlyingHog

HogFoo

Quote from: secneahog on July 28, 2017, 05:22:00 pm
yes,  and hopefully that difference was good forr the Hogs instead of against us. 
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

HogFoo

Quote from: theFlyingHog on July 28, 2017, 06:25:16 pm
Did I miss something? Why is it a tough decision to move up your date of commitment?
im pretty sure you're taking that too literal.  He just means it's been a long hard decision between schools.. and that he is moving up his decision.  simply put.   
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

ricepig

Quote from: parallaxpig on July 28, 2017, 06:18:04 pm
How did his visit here this week go?

Great, talked about how he and the other Texas commits have been talking about playing together.

Hognspace

Sounds positive for the Hogs. Arkansas wants to shut recruiting down before the season starts. That Aug 2 decision date tells me he is a Hog unless he is blown away on another visit.

hawgwash

Quote from: ricepig on July 28, 2017, 06:46:47 pm
Great, talked about how he and the other Texas commits have been talking about playing together.
You referring to Razorback commits from the state of Texas?  Or Texas as in UT?  He doesn't show a Texas offer per 247.

ricepig

Quote from: hawgwash on July 29, 2017, 04:55:50 pm
You referring to Razorback commits from the state of Texas?  Or Texas as in UT?  He doesn't show a Texas offer per 247.
Other Razorback commits from the state of Texas.

hawgwash

parallaxpig

Quote from: ricepig on July 28, 2017, 06:46:47 pm

Wasn't there several visitors this week besides Wren. Any word on who/how they went?

theFlyingHog

Quote from: HogFoo on July 28, 2017, 06:29:33 pm
im pretty sure you're taking that too literal.  He just means it's been a long hard decision between schools.. and that he is moving up his decision.  simply put.
Aha. Thanks

ricepig

Quote from: parallaxpig on July 30, 2017, 10:35:25 am
Wasn't there several visitors this week besides Wren. Any word on who/how they went?

Several from John Curtis from LA., although Glenn Beal was the main target. He's said he'll be back for an official, time will tell.

Richard Davenport

Quote from: theFlyingHog on July 28, 2017, 06:25:16 pm
Did I miss something? Why is it a tough decision to move up your date of commitment?

Arkansas wasn't going to wait until Sept. There were other guys that waited too long and they didn't have a spot.