Started by Mr.Swine89, June 17, 2017, 07:57:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SPAL

What's the score?

TebowHater

Hogs49ers

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on June 23, 2017, 03:53:07 pm
What's the score?

3-1 LSU in the top of the 7th - should be 3-3 though.
SCREW Vandy!

TebowHater

LSU is making me appreciate our lack of base stealing this year. Running themselves out of inning after inning.

Hogs49ers

Do you Lange will go back out there for the 8th?  He is around 110 pitches, but only has given up 2 hits all game - throwing an incredible game!

Heiss is in the BP - I look forward to watching his stuff as he tries to close out this great line-up!
SCREW Vandy!

Hogs49ers

Alright Lange just got the 1st out in the 8th and is handing it over to Heiss to get the final 5 outs!  Lange finished while only giving up 2 hits through 7 and 1/3 innings.
SCREW Vandy!

Hogs49ers

Wow Heiss is filthy!  He just struck out Madrigal as his first batter, giving Madrigal only his 16th strikeout on the ENTIRE YEAR!

Just struck out the next Oregon State batter to end the inning, the guy literally swung a full foot above the breaking ball to strike out and every single one of Heiss' outs in the World Series are as strikeouts.
SCREW Vandy!

TebowHater

Mark Winters is absolutely awful. The terrible officiating in college baseball is infuriating.

Hog-Corleone

Quote from: TebowHater on June 23, 2017, 05:04:41 pm
Jeff Head is absolutely awful. The terrible officiating in college baseball is infuriating.

I agree, he was stepping into his swing, got hit, and that supposedly means he "leaned into it".  Bad call...
This is my word, and as such is beyond contestation.

TebowHater

Quote from: Hog-Corleone on June 23, 2017, 05:05:44 pm
I agree, he was stepping into his swing, got hit, and that supposedly means he "leaned into it".  Bad call...

Sorry updated it - it was Mark Winters - the 2B ump from last night against UL...

But yeah the ball hit him in the back of the leg. Absurd.

TebowHater

Hess is really fun to watch.

Hogs49ers

Quote from: TebowHater on June 23, 2017, 05:11:46 pm
Hess is really fun to watch.

Yes I absolutely love his intensity! He has struck out every batter he has faced in the World Series (minus 1 walk).
SCREW Vandy!

TNhawgfan

Quote from: Hogs49ers on June 23, 2017, 05:12:45 pm
Yes I absolutely love his intensity! He has struck out every batter he has faced in the World Series (minus 1 walk).
One guy had a F7 in the 9th
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

Hogs49ers

Quote from: TNhawgfan on June 23, 2017, 05:21:06 pm
One guy had a F7 in the 9th

I know, I jinxed him - that happened literally 10 seconds after I posted ha

So he has 16 (maybe 15) strikeouts, 1 pop out, and 1 walk in the World Series.  I promise I hate LSU, but that is pretty cool to watch a guy with that stuff and that intensity.
SCREW Vandy!

str8volfan

this Florida pitcher was unhittable the first time through. They lighting his ass up the second time through.

HogFansReunited

I am just getting off work, I can't believe LSU actually beat Oregon State.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

SPAL

Still at work....been at it since 6 am. Some Friday night saving lives

HogFansReunited

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on June 23, 2017, 08:45:10 pm
Still at work....been at it since 6 am. Some Friday night saving lives

I'm getting to damn old to be working this many hours.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Member #3568

SPAL

Quote from: HogFansReunited on June 23, 2017, 08:47:56 pm
I'm getting to damn old to be working this many hours.

Me too brother

HogFansReunited

Looking like we will have 2 games tomorrow.

Member #3568

hoglady

Quote from: HogFansReunited on June 23, 2017, 09:46:24 pm
Looking like we will have 2 games tomorrow.

Yep - TCU pulling away.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Hogwild

Pulling for an all SEC championship series.

SPAL

TebowHater

LSU bunts like we do

Hogs49ers

Quote from: TebowHater on June 24, 2017, 02:18:09 pm
LSU bunts like we do

Good afternoon gentleman, should be a great Saturday! 

Yes, they do - their entire small ball game has been killing them against Oregon State.
SCREW Vandy!

SPAL

I didn't like the bunt that early.

Hogs49ers

If the ump keeps calling that outer edge strike, that will continue to be huge for LSU bc this pitcher is living on that edge.
SCREW Vandy!

SPAL

That first outside call was laughable, but since then....he has painted the corner on those punchouts and have been legit strikes.

Hogs49ers

I do not really know why, but I guess I am kind of cheering for LSU too  :puke:

What is wrong with me??
SCREW Vandy!

TebowHater

3-0 LSU after 2.

Papierski 3 run bomb after two out rally.

Hogs49ers

Quote from: TebowHater on June 24, 2017, 02:42:08 pm
3-0 LSU after 2.

Papierski 3 run bomb after two out rally.

For an LSU player, I actually kind of like Papierski.  I cannot really put a finger on why, but I guess he just seems like a good ole boy.

Catchers definitely seem like the most likeable position, and usually a lot of fans favorite player I feel like.
SCREW Vandy!

razCzar

Quote from: Hogs49ers on June 24, 2017, 02:40:46 pm
I do not really know why, but I guess I am kind of cheering for LSU too  :puke:

What is wrong with me??

LOL... strangely I was thinking the same thing.  Hate it.

SPAL

That one was ridiculous

Hogs49ers

Lol pitch 5 was a strike and pitch 6 was a ball - same outcome though...
SCREW Vandy!

TebowHater

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on June 24, 2017, 02:51:16 pm
That one was ridiculous

How do umpires like that make it to this stage

HogFansReunited

I just can't root for LSU but I wouldn't mind seeing an all SEC championship series.

Member #3568

hoglady

LSU off to a good start.
GEAUX TIGERS!!!
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

HogFansReunited

At least I am off work and can watch some baseball now.

Member #3568

HogFansReunited

I think they had Robertson at 2nd if they would have tried it.

Member #3568

HogFansReunited

And now the ump isn't giving the outside corner.

Member #3568

Hogwild

Quote from: HogFansReunited on June 24, 2017, 02:52:47 pm
I just can't root for LSU but I wouldn't mind seeing an all SEC championship series.

Just can't pull for a school that knowingly allowed a pedo to play for them.

TebowHater

Wow. Announcer called that one. Papierski HR #2

HogFansReunited

Member #3568

Hogs49ers

Man, who could've seen this coming after Oregon State beat LSU 13-1 the other day and with only 4 losses on the year - that LSU could come back and make a run at beating them 2 in a row??  This is such an amazing sport...

No doubt about it that Oregon State is a great team, but I would imagine they would of had 10ish losses in the SEC - I mean every single pitcher they have brought in seems to have an ERA under 1.0!!  It is like they are all playing highschool teams out West...
SCREW Vandy!

HogFansReunited

Quote from: Hogs49ers on June 24, 2017, 03:33:40 pm
Man, who could've seen this coming after Oregon State beat LSU 13-1 the other day and with only 4 losses on the year - that LSU could come back and make a run at beating them 2 in a row??  This is such an amazing sport...

No doubt about it that Oregon State is a great team, but I would imagine they would of had 10ish losses in the SEC - I mean every single pitcher they have brought in seems to have an ERA under 1.0!!  It is like they are all playing highschool teams out West...
I agree. I even said that there is no way LSU or anyone can beat Oregon St twice. Well I was wrong it looks like. Also there is no way that they would have this good of a record in the SEC.

Member #3568

Maddhog

Holding tightly to my nose and cheering for LSU.
"He hits from both sides of the plate.  He's amphibious."

Hogwild

Quote from: Hogs49ers on June 24, 2017, 03:33:40 pm

they are challenging us for the lowest ERA for a season, not sure where they stand after the past two days

Hawgphish

Quote from: Maddhog on June 24, 2017, 03:42:21 pm
Holding tightly to my nose and cheering for LSU.
Exactly.  Well put.

TebowHater

LSU has been lucky to get their best pitching performances of the year from guys in do or die games...SEC Championship, Yesterday, Today (Walker goes down and this guy (#4 starter) has bested his previous longest start by two innings...of shut out baseball against #1 team)

JHGiunta

Quote from: TebowHater on June 24, 2017, 04:14:02 pm
LSU has been lucky to get their best pitching performances of the year from guys in do or die games...SEC Championship, Yesterday, Today (Walker goes down and this guy (#4 starter) has bested his previous longest start by two innings)

It also helps to have an ump that is giving him an extra 4-6 inches on the outside to left handed batters. Give the kid credit though......he is continually hitting that spot.