NCAA TOURNAMENT GAME THREAD: #1 ARKANSAS (44-18) vs Missouri State

Started by Razorbacks#1, June 04, 2017, 08:16:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Razorbacks#1

#1 Arkansas vs #2 Missouri State  at Fayetteville, Arkansas
                                    Sunday @9:10 PM Central

WELCOME TO RAZORBACK BASEBALL 2017 - HOGVILLE.net OFFICIAL
                                    ROAD TO OMAHA GAME THREAD

#1 ARKANSAS (44-18) VS #Missouri State (43-15)

First Pitch is set for 9:10 PM CT and WILL NOT TELEVISED ON THE SEC NETWORK. This game will be streamed live online on WatchESPN.com and the WatchESPN app. also.

THIS IS A DOUBLE ELIMINATION TOURNAMENT

Play-by-Play Narrative:
For many years, Hogville members who love Razorback Baseball have come together to produce these game threads with play-by-play narrative for those that depend on it as their only source and for those that just simply enjoy it. These threads have been a foundation for great Hogville discussions and that tradition continues today as this is NOT a read only thread (all Hogville posting rules apply).

JHicks3636 will provide the play-by-play narrative for this game.  Razorbacks#1, A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S, Maddhog,  Wisco Pig, sir-pigs-a-lot, JHGiunta, ucahogfan, will assist with stats, back up, and support. We hope that the many other regular posters will join in also and continue to add quality input. If you are new to the Extra Innings - Razorback Baseball Game Threads and you understand the rules, feel free to join in the conversations. If you have questions, read this:  http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=626632.0

Click below for: The Fight Song:
http://fightmusic.com/mp3/sec/Arkansas__Arkansas_Fight_Song__(Play,_Sing,_Play).mp3

Click below for: University Of Arkansas Alma Mater 
http://fightmusic.com/mp3/sec/Arkansas__University_Of_Arkansas_Alma_Mater.mp3

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

TIME TO CALL THE HOGS!

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

:razorback:

0          9:10pm                  0                   
                 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | -  |  R |  H  | E  |LOB
MSU         |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |    | -  |  0  |  0  | 0  | 0   
ARK         |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |    | -  |  0  |  0  | 0  | 0   

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

JHicks3636

TebowHater

Could/should we start Reindl? Threw < 20 pitches and is feeling it today

HogFansReunited

My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

bulldog04

Taco or possibly Kopps I think. We will have to piece it together and I don't see them going more than 2 or 3 innings

theFlyingHog

Is that correct on the SECN? The same sentence says first pitch at 3PM

rzrbkman

So, will it really be on the main SEC NETWORK since LSU/Rice is now showing there?

Razorbacks#1

Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 04, 2017, 08:21:04 pm
Is that correct on the SECN? The same sentence says first pitch at 3PM
Please give me a break folks, ARKANSAS is out of the net, so I am doing the best I can.

THUNDER!

TheEnemy

Quote from: TebowHater on June 04, 2017, 08:19:34 pm
Could/should we start Reindl? Threw < 20 pitches and is feeling it today

Not with a break in between games.

Save him for tomorrow

HogFansReunited

My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Member #3568

Dirty

HogFansReunited

Quote from: Dirty on June 04, 2017, 08:25:45 pm
Who is the Home team?

They toss a coin. Don't think we will know until just before game time.

Member #3568

JHicks3636

Quote from: Razorbacks#1 on June 04, 2017, 08:23:19 pm
Please give me a break folks, ARKANSAS is out of the net, so I am doing the best I can.

Obviously no breaks today for anyone. They''ll think about this if you are gone next year.

HamIAm

onebadrubi

I'm pretty sure DVH hinted last night Kopps would be starting. Second game if we got that far.  I hate that most likely we are minus Jake R though but besides him, knight, Stephan, Murphy, and taco we are wide open.   Alberius even might beg for the ball back in either of the next two games and DVH might give him a short leash

onebadrubi

HogFansReunited

Member #3568

JHicks3636

Quote from: onebadrubi on June 04, 2017, 08:27:21 pm
I'm pretty sure DVH hinted last night Kopps would be starting. Second game if we got that far.  I hate that most likely we are minus Jake R though but besides him, knight, Stephan, Murphy, and taco we are wide open.   Alberius even might beg for the ball back in either of the next two games and DVH might give him a short leash

Maybe Stephan wants to be the next Boyce tomorrow.

HogFansReunited

Quote from: JHicks3636 on June 04, 2017, 08:29:32 pm
Maybe Stephan wants to be the next Boyce tomorrow.

I really hope we don't use Stephan again. I would hate to see him ruin his arm.

Member #3568

Hawgphish

BEAT MO ST!   Put on a pot of coffee.  Here we go again.

HogFansReunited

Member #3568

JHicks3636

Quote from: HogFansReunited on June 04, 2017, 08:31:56 pm
I really hope we don't use Stephan again. I would hate to see him ruin his arm.

We won't unless he can give us a needed out or two late in the game.

HogFansReunited

What time is the game tomorrow? I might just take the day off.

Member #3568

ThisTeetsTaken

***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

TebowHater

Quote from: TheEnemy on June 04, 2017, 08:24:24 pm
Not with a break in between games.

Save him for tomorrow

Not to be argumentative, but we've had 55 minute innings before. He can stay lose in our indoor. Just sucks burning him for the day with him so on fire. I do agree only way we could do it would be starting him though - def couldn't bring him in from pen

JHicks3636

Quote from: HogFansReunited on June 04, 2017, 08:33:23 pm
I will probably be late to work tomorrow lol.

State Holiday in Alabama tomorrow for that American patriot-Jefferson Davis' Birthday. This is not a joke. Courts will be closed so I'm off.

popcornhog

Y'all surprised they aren't just doing a double header tomorrow with the first game delayed?
WPS

Knot2brite

Quote from: HamIAm on June 04, 2017, 08:26:44 pm
Why aren't they using the SEC alternate channel any?
Espn be broke...they laying off half their people....obviously from the last game they are hiring fans from the stands to run the cameras
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

Hollywood_HOGan45

FANONTHEHILL

Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

Dirty

According to the tracker on ESPN in the upper corner, first pitch at 9:10 and we are the Home team.

TebowHater

Will the "You can't start an inning after midnight" rule be in effect (if that's even still a thing)?

WilsonHog

Per DVH, looks like Kevin Kopps will start the next one for us.

Hawgphish

Quote from: Knot2brite on June 04, 2017, 08:35:32 pm
Espn be broke...they laying off half their people....obviously from the last game they are hiring fans from the stands to run the cameras
the cameras were off or the person who calls what angle to broadcast had a bad night.  They need to wake up in the production truck.

SPAL

We will be the home team as we've been home less than Missouri state.

HogFansReunited

Member #3568

hogfaninmo

We were visitors last night against mo state, we should be home team tonight. We got this.

AlmaHog2011

SPAL

They will be the home team tomorrow night should we get there.

Razorbacks#1

Quote from: JHicks3636 on June 04, 2017, 08:26:44 pm
Obviously no breaks today for anyone. They''ll think about this if you are gone next year.
I have been juggling my life so long around the wife and the Razorbacks, that I have come to a  conclusion. It has been fun, here on the forum. I will do my last year of this forum and finish out the the 2017 BB forum. It has been memorable, and an opportunity to give back. This forum was awesome before me, and with posters who dedicate their time like Wilson, SPAL, Arkansas, you, Maddhog, and many others, it will continue to provide the best game threads on webs. I really appreciate you folks, more than you know. :razorback:

THUNDER!

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: Hawgphish on June 04, 2017, 08:41:35 pm
the cameras were off or the person who calls what angle to broadcast had a bad night.  They need to wake up in the production truck.

I don't want to see the pitchers feet when Stanberger is hitting.

HogFansReunited

Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on June 04, 2017, 08:43:19 pm
Who's pitching for them? How is their staff lined up?

They have pitched all three of their weekend starters already. I'm honestly not sure how good their bullpen is.

Member #3568

TebowHater

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on June 04, 2017, 08:43:20 pm
They will be the home team tomorrow night should we get there.

Should be a coin flip, no? We would both have been home for the same number of games (2 each).

HogFansReunited

Quote from: TebowHater on June 04, 2017, 08:46:22 pm
Should be a coin flip, no? We would both have been home for the same number of games (2 each).

He posted the formula in the other thread. I was wrong about the coin flip.

Member #3568

TebowHater

Quote from: HogFansReunited on June 04, 2017, 08:47:13 pm
He posted the formula in the other thread. I was wrong about the coin flip.

Just found it. Had no idea such a formula existed. Thanks, SPAL.

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on June 04, 2017, 08:35:48 pm
No, there is a formula they use.

For first-round games during championship competition, the highest-seeded team shall be designated as
the home team. In subsequent games, the home team shall be determined according to a formula applied
by the games committee.
In determining which of two teams in any game will be the home team, the games committee or the
NCAA game representative shall designate the home team using the following guidelines:
1. The institution that has been the home team the fewer number of times in that particular tournament.
2. If the two teams are equal in this respect but unequal in the number of times they were the visitor,
then the team that has been the visitor more often will be designated the home team.
3. If the two teams are equal in the number of times that they have been home and visitor, the games
committee or the NCAA game representative shall observe the following procedures in the order stated:
a. If the two teams have met previously in that particular tournament, the visitor in the previous game
shall be the home team in the game in question
(Exception: In a two-team tournament where both teams have been the home team twice, the fifth game
will be determined by a coin flip);
b. The team that was visitor in its preceding game shall be the home team, unless both teams were visi-
tors in their preceding games; or
c. If the above procedures do not resolve the matter, the home team shall be determined by coin flip.
During the pre-championship meeting for the regional and super regional, the host institution must des-
ignate whether the first or third base dugout will be the home team dugout for the entire tournament.

That said, shouldn't rule 2 make us the home team again tomorrow? We will have been visitor twice to MSU's one.