Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

April 25, 2024, 02:40:38 am

Games biggest moment

Started by jimmur74, June 04, 2017, 12:10:31 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmur74

Knights  exit and not going to Reindl

mj4president

LB not getting to go to first. We'd have runners on 1st and 2nd...no outs.
"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

theFlyingHog

Quote from: mj4president on June 04, 2017, 12:13:25 am
LB not getting to go to first. We'd have runners on 1st and 2nd...no outs.
Does the next batter still swing at a pitch over his head and GIDP in this alternate reality? Or should we say that he would have gotten a better pitch and hit it to DWRRS thus winning the game in such dramatic fashion the NCAA jumps us straight to the CWS?

coolhog

Missouri st. Pitching coach judges recruits better then we do.

gumbohog

You can also look at koch's Pb which not only scored a run but eliminated the DP possibility

Or another big one was not taking 2nd on a wild pitch in the 8th. I think it was spam or bonfield. The next pitch was a strikeout WP that would have (a) drawn a throw to 1st and (b) gotten him over to 3rd (if he had taken 2nd on the previous WP up the line of course):

They did the little things to make us pay for our mistakes like walks and HBP's...and we didn't

jry04

Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 04, 2017, 12:16:45 am
Does the next batter still swing at a pitch over his head and GIDP in this alternate reality? Or should we say that he would have gotten a better pitch and hit it to DWRRS thus winning the game in such dramatic fashion the NCAA jumps us straight to the CWS?
I think any sensible person would say 2 on 0 outs means we bunt him over and just have to put a ball in play the next batter to tie the game, but hey what do I know?

DeltaBoy

Hogs drop a sure TD to open the game against Ohio State and become the first SEC team to lose a bowl game to them.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.