New walkon FB/LB

Started by TheRazorback500, May 27, 2017, 06:55:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TheRazorback500

Do you wanna get Rocked?

Hawghiggs

Cool. Hope he is successful.

bennyl08

4.7 speed for a FB isn't slow at all. 220 is a bit on the light side, but I see no reason he couldn't bulk up some more. 5'11 isn't too short either.

Best of luck to the kid.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

HogBreath

Great story, glad he's here and wish him the best.  Hope he becomes a 3 time all american linebacker.  Then makes 5 pro bowls.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: HogBreath on May 27, 2017, 10:01:48 pm
Great story, glad he's here and wish him the best.  Hope he becomes a 3 time all american linebacker.  Then makes 5 pro bowls.
man, if we could ever get another "burls", @ LB would be a great place for it.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

tophawg19

Quote from: bennyl08 on May 27, 2017, 08:04:26 pm
4.7 speed for a FB isn't slow at all. 220 is a bit on the light side, but I see no reason he couldn't bulk up some more. 5'11 isn't too short either.

Best of luck to the kid.
i agree , being short can be a leverage advantage as a full back. And the kid also has a history of being able to carry the ball well too which would allow some quick hitting trap plays . this may be another Keiro Small type by the time he's through .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

HamSammich

Best thing about guys like this is that we usually get them for 5 years. And in the 4th and 5th years they really really carry a team. Great addition !

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: HamSammich on May 29, 2017, 03:06:27 pm
Best thing about guys like this is that we usually get them for 5 years. And in the 4th and 5th years they really really carry a team. Great addition !
As well as often having a major "chip on their shoulder" and plenty of motivation to prove those who doubted them totally wrong.

bennyl08

Quote from: HamSammich on May 29, 2017, 03:06:27 pm

I wouldn't say we usually get them for that long. Most walk-ons will leave the program after a year or two. Only a few will stay the whole time.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

NoogaHog

You never know, he may come here and undergo an "Extreme Makeover!"
Слава Богу - Slava Bogu - "Glory to God"

yraciv

Just saw this young man listed on our roster and I'm intrigued. That makes 2 Walk On LB with Grant Morgan who I think will find their way on the field.

He is from a local HS powerhouse, and I've heard great things about his effort on and off the field.  There was an article in Chicago Tribune about him last fall.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/highschool/ct-spt-1028-prep-fb-feature-cary-grove-pennington-20161027-story.html

oldfart

hope all the best for this kid.. .seems to be one of the uncommon ones....

gmarv

good story.it is good to see kids like him get their shot and i,m glad we are the ones giving it to him.

ZERO

Quote from: NoogaHog on May 31, 2017, 11:25:24 am
You never know, he may come here and undergo an "Extreme Makeover!"

Dammit, beat me to it. I'm surprised more haven't made the connection.
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

3kgthog

I wouldn't mind seeing another Adam Daily type at FB.

Polecat

Sounds promising. I'll be rooting for the kid
Arkansas born and raised. 1999 UA alum

NoogaHog

Quote from: ZERO on July 13, 2017, 09:50:25 pm
Dammit, beat me to it. I'm surprised more haven't made the connection.

Thanks for noticing that. It languished on here for a month and a half before anyone acknowledged it.

NoogaHog

And speaking of walk-on LBs, I wonder if the new 3-4 defense fits Josh Harris's skill set any better. He is 5'10" 220. (20# lighter than his freshman year), Not huge, but strong. Could be a good run stopper on the inside and could get to the QB.

Just curious. I am rooting for him. I went to school with his dad.