Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Starting Pitcher Today?

Started by lookawayquick, May 27, 2017, 09:20:16 am

Previous topic - Next topic

lookawayquick

Who will DVH start today?  Kacy Murphy?  Do the Hogs have any fresh arms in the pen?  A win against the Gators would solidify the RPI and improve the Hogs seeding.

WilsonHog

My guess is Kevin Kopps, but it could be Murphy.

I don't think the outcome today matters at all. We won't be a national seed even if we win the tournament, and even if we lose today we'll be the top seed in the Fayetteville Regional.

lookawayquick

Would a win today give us a better regional seeding?  I concur Hogs won't be a national seed but will a W today iimprove their seeding among the remaining 8?  I guess DVH will ride Kopps, Murphy, Lee, Rogers and Chadwick today.  Go Hogs!

Scott7703

I'd give the ball to Loeske then follow with Murphy, Kopps and Lee. Let the chips fall where they may from there.

Razorback7281

Give the ball to Boyce get a win and then start Boyce again tomorrow.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on September 16, 2015, 08:55:43 pmgurantee I'm smarter then you..but that's not saying much.
Quote from: talley on September 17, 2015, 09:53:38 am
you misspelled "Guarantee" while trying to talk about how smart you are.  Epic Fail.
Quote from: Lanny on October 16, 2015, 07:37:58 am
Good job everyone except Faldon.

Kevin

Quote from: Razorback7281 on May 27, 2017, 11:01:44 am

That is awesome
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7

lookawayquick

Loeske has fallen off the radar.  Has he gotten his control issues solved?  Kid has potential.  Would love to see him put it together for a few games.  Where is Boyce when we need him? 

Hawgzinbowlz

We can rest assured that DVH will not use our pitchers in a way that would negatively affect our rotation in the regional...

Winning is nice, and having an extra day or two of physical/mental rest would also be beneficial.

At this stage of the SEC Tournament, compete, and whatever happens is o.k...Ready to get to Baum and the NCAA.

" GO OMAHOGS "

CJ HOG

May 27, 2017, 11:39:41 am #9 Last Edit: May 27, 2017, 11:54:31 am by CJ HOG
I'm guessing Murphy starts, Loseke & Kottyshock are first out of the pen, and then it whoever's arm has something left (Chadwick, Kopps, Lee, Denton, Taco). I would think BK, TS, Cronin, Reindl, and the Cockroach are spent. Should be interesting for sure.

ucahogfan

How many pitches did Taco throw on Thursday?  Don't think we would see him today.  Maybe tomorrow if we make it that far.

CJ HOG

Quote from: ucahogfan on May 27, 2017, 11:42:04 am
How many pitches did Taco throw on Thursday?  Don't think we would see him today.  Maybe tomorrow if we make it that far.
Taco   42
Cronin 71
Alberius 27 (+5 in gm 1)

ucahogfan

Quote from: CJ HOG on May 27, 2017, 11:47:36 am
Taco   42
Cronin 71
Alberius 27 (+5 in gm 1)
Thank you.  Probably shouldn't throw Taco today.  Especially coming off injury like he is.

BigBrandonAllenFan

Quote from: CJ HOG on May 27, 2017, 11:39:41 am
I'm guessing Murphy starts, Loseke & Kottyshock are first out of the pen, and then it whoever's arm has something left (Chadwick, Kopps, Lee, Denton, Taco). I would think BK, TS, Cronin, Reindl, and the Cockroach are spent. Should be interesting for sure.

Not sure about Reindel being spent.  He looked steady and strong last night.  He should be fairly loose right now, he's on his game, and I wouldn't be surprised to see him on the mound again today late in the game if it is tight.

CJ HOG

Other than those who haven't thrown yet, so you can't be sure if there's reasons unknown it would seem

Kopps 15
Murphy 10
Lee 5
Chadwick 3
JA  32 (2 app)
Reindl  40 (2 app)

are what we have to work with today I would think.

BigBrandonAllenFan

Quote from: CJ HOG on May 27, 2017, 12:03:46 pm
Other than those who haven't thrown yet, so you can't be sure if there's reasons unknown it would seem

Kopps 15
Murphy 10
Lee 5
Chadwick 3
JA  33 (2 app)

are what we have to work with today I would think.

Any way we go, you simply have to like the depth.

CJ HOG

Quote from: BigBrandonAllenFan on May 27, 2017, 12:03:02 pm
Not sure about Reindel being spent.  He looked steady and strong last night.  He should be fairly loose right now, he's on his game, and I wouldn't be surprised to see him on the mound again today late in the game if it is tight.
Reindl's thrown 24 + 16 in back to back days. I doubt I would bring him back for a 3rd consecutive but then again I'm not the skipper either.

HogFansReunited

Quote from: CJ HOG on May 27, 2017, 12:09:29 pm
Reindl's thrown 24 + 16 in back to back days. I doubt I would bring him back for a 3rd consecutive but then again I'm not the skipper either.

If he comes in, it will probably be as a closer for an inning at most. At this point I just want the kids to have fun. Yeah winning is nice but a loss today won't hurt us.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

BigBrandonAllenFan

Quote from: CJ HOG on May 27, 2017, 12:09:29 pm

I agree.  But if it is tight and Van Horn needs a big couple of outs to win, It is hard to rule him out.

rljjr

Does C-Span pitch? No field player would ever pitch in the SEC Tourney ... oh, wait.

This post is for humor value only. In no way do I really think C-Span would pitch. No animals were harmed in the creation of this post. I was only below the hard deck for a few seconds. There was no danger. I had the shot so I took it.

WhenPigsFly

Quote from: lookawayquick on May 27, 2017, 10:10:59 am
Would a win today give us a better regional seeding?  I concur Hogs won't be a national seed but will a W today iimprove their seeding among the remaining 8?  I guess DVH will ride Kopps, Murphy, Lee, Rogers and Chadwick today.  Go Hogs!

Only the 8 Natl seeds are ranked.  Super Regional pairings are generally geographical.

BigBrandonAllenFan

Quote from: rljjr on May 27, 2017, 12:39:16 pm
Does C-Span pitch? No field player would ever pitch in the SEC Tourney ... oh, wait.

This post is for humor value only. In no way do I really think C-Span would pitch. No animals were harmed in the creation of this post. I was only below the hard deck for a few seconds. There was no danger. I had the shot so I took it.

If we have a 9-0 lead in the bottom on the ninth with two outs, then yes, risk the Tommy John's and bring on C-Span!

hogfanboy2

Quote from: ucahogfan on May 27, 2017, 11:49:47 am
Thank you.  Probably shouldn't throw Taco today.  Especially coming off injury like he is.
I think when ever you do throw Taco  it should be as a starter.  I don't trust  his control to come in with runners on base and a "must out" situation.
Seems like with his  sinker  you can knock of  1 or 2 innings off the start of the game.

BroyledNutts

Quote from: Kevin on May 27, 2017, 11:12:37 am
Pitch nine guys one inning

This.
Let all the bullpen guys get a little time against a Super Regional host - give them a little experience to draw on in the weeks ahead. No pressure to win, just go out there and compete.

snoblind

Quote from: Razorback7281 on May 27, 2017, 11:01:44 am

Hard to believe it has been 13 years.  That was awesome to watch.

flippinhogmana

Funny how some of those lines have now become cliques.  But it was a good shot none the less.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

theFlyingHog

+1 if I could

You TOOK it! And broke a major rule of egngagement. Then you broke another with that circus-stunt flyby.

rljjr

Quote from: theFlyingHog on May 27, 2017, 02:07:23 pm
+1 if I could

You TOOK it! And broke a major rule of egngagement. Then you broke another with that circus-stunt flyby.

Thanks all. I'm a little amped up about the game and humor is my default relaxation.

CJ HOG

Murphy to start. DVH says Taco and Kopps available today. Probably won't see Reindl in action today (saving him for tomorrow) according to pregame interview.

lookawayquick

Jay Sawatski would be a nice addition to the team today.

lookawayquick

Great job Murph!  Hogs set up well for tomorrow's championship game with LSU.  Guessing Taco, Kopps, Chadwick and Reindel will be pitchers ready to go.

Kevin

Hopefully this catapults Murphy to big things

lookawayquick

Hogs need a reliable 3rd starter.  If Murph pitches well, Hogs could go deep in the tourney.