Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SECT GM 16, #4 ARKANSAS (41-16, 18-11 SEC)#1 Florida(42-25, 21-9 SEC)

Started by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S, May 27, 2017, 06:48:10 am

Previous topic - Next topic

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

#4 ARKANSAS vs #1 FLORIDA
at Hoover, Alabama   SATURDAY approx. 3:00 PM

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

WELCOME TO RAZORBACK BASEBALL 2017 - HOGVILLE.net OFFICIAL
                                    SEC TOURNAMENT GAME #16 THREAD

#4 ARKANSAS (41-16, 18-11 SEC) VS #1 FLORIDA (42-15, 21-9 SEC)
*note- SEC records are from the end of the regular season.

SATURDAY's (Game #16) First Pitch is set for around 3:00 PM CT and WILL BE TELEVISED on the SEC Network . This game will be streamed live online on SEC Network Plus accessible at WatchESPN.com and the WatchESPN app. also.

THIS (Game #16) IS A SINGLE ELIMINATION GAME! The LOSER goes home and the WINNER plays Sunday in a single elimination SEC TOURNAMENT CHAMPIONSHIP GAME against the WINNER of the (game #15) LSU vs So CAROLINA Game which starts at noon on Saturday.

Play-by-Play Narrative:
For many years, Hogville members who love Razorback Baseball have come together to produce these game threads with play-by-play narrative for those that depend on it as their only source and for those that just simply enjoy it. These threads have been a foundation for great Hogville discussions and that tradition continues today as this is NOT a read only thread (all Hogville posting rules apply).

JHicks 3636 will provide the play-by-play narrative for this game.  Razorbacks#1, A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S, Maddhog,  Wisco Pig, sir-pigs-a-lot, JHGiunta, ucahogfan, will assist with stats, back up, and support. We hope that the many other regular posters will join in also and continue to add quality input. If you are new to the Extra Innings - Razorback Baseball Game Threads and you understand the rules, feel free to join in the conversations. If you have questions, read this:  http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=626632.0

Click below for: The Fight Song:
http://fightmusic.com/mp3/sec/Arkansas__Arkansas_Fight_Song__(Play,_Sing,_Play).mp3

Click below for: University Of Arkansas Alma Mater 
http://fightmusic.com/mp3/sec/Arkansas__University_Of_Arkansas_Alma_Mater.mp3

PORKULATOR

Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

:razorback:

Divided we fall, UNITED WE STAND!!!

TIME TO CALL THE HOGS!

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

(ALL SEC GAMES FOR SATURDAY, May 27th ) ALL CENTRAL TIMES

NOON : SEC Network - SEC Tournament - Game 15
#2 LSU (40-17, 21-9 SEC) 0
VS
#11 South Carolina (35-24, 13-17 SEC) 0

3:00 PM - SEC Network - SEC Tournament - Game 16
#1 Florida (42-15, 21-9 SEC) 0
VS
#4 Arkansas (41-16, 18-11 SEC) 0

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

:razorback:

0               3:00pm                   0                   
                1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | -  |  R |  H  | E  |LOB
ARK        |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |    | -  |  0  |  0  | 0  | 0   
FLA         |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |    | -  |  0  |  0  | 0  | 0   

runninhog

cfdhawg

So who gets the ball today? Murphy? Maybe Taco? I am available if needed. Just sayin. WPS!

Supermark101

I would think Taco starts, after that, I'm worried. Do we know who Florida is throwing

Pudgepork

runninhog

Quote from: Supermark101 on May 27, 2017, 09:20:29 am
I would think Taco starts, after that, I'm worried. Do we know who Florida is throwing

Probably Brady Singer.

Birminghog

What's the over/under about when the game will really start today? I've got 4:00. Regardless, I'll be there.

For those who gripe about the tournament being in Hoover, thank you for letting it stay here. It allows me to actively participate in Hogdom; the only other active participation I have is when the basketball team plays in Tuscaloosa, and that seems to be once every other year. It's too far for me to get to Fayetteville. I've been to both Bryant/Denny and Jordan/Hare, and it's really okay if I don't go back. Baseball crowds are SOOO much more chill than football crowds, or even basketball crowds.

I went to work Thursday morning thinking that I would have to miss the game. Got to work at 8:00. Power went off at 8:45. Saw it as providential. Told our secretary I would see her later. Went home, got my wife, went to the game. Went back Thursday night & yesterday afternoon. Met some REALLY cool people I would never otherwise have met.'s  Got to be there for C-Span's three dingers.

Thanks for letting the tournament be in Hoover. WPS.  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

goodguytex

Wooo Pig!! Time to eat some gator! Hope it's a great game, with the Hogs taking it. They had no business losing to miss state the other day. I hope that game made them so mad they go all out until they win the CWS in Omaha.

BR

I just wanted to say THANK You to all of you all's hard work this season...   A lot of us appreciate it, without a lot of commenting... 
"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

snoblind

Quote from: BR on May 27, 2017, 10:03:38 am
I just wanted to say THANK You to all of you all's hard work this season...   A lot of us appreciate it, without a lot of commenting... 

ditto. 

hog.goblin

Quote from: Supermark101 on May 27, 2017, 09:20:29 am

I ain't skeered

nearhogfan

Same here. Thanks

BigBrandonAllenFan

May 27, 2017, 10:36:51 am #18 Last Edit: May 27, 2017, 03:29:00 pm by BigBrandonAllenFan
The great Red Army of Fayettenam will trample the filthy bourgeois swamp dwelling belly crawling reptilious regime!

Pictured below:

The Red Army's Captain Redface and two of his great and gallant Red Army soldiers, Amos and Moses, prepare to attack to filthy bourgeois swamp regime. To the victor goes the spoils!!

elksnort

Is Singer an ace?
It will be interesting to see how AR pitching staff gets it done today.

Wisco Pig

Quote from: elksnort on May 27, 2017, 10:37:12 am
Is Singer an ace?

Florida has three very good starters, but Singer probably has to be considered the ace, given the season stats.

I agree that DVH's approach to the pitching staff will be interesting to watch.  He'll probably try to get as much as he can out of Murphy and Kopps and hope they get the Hogs to the 7th or 8th.

TikiHog

dkhogfan

Stuck at work today so thanks ahead of time for all those who make this thread possible. Go Hogs!!!

runninhog

Quote from: elksnort on May 27, 2017, 10:37:12 am
Is Singer an ace?

Second round draft choice out of high school. Throws a 96MPH fastball and has good off-speed stuff. Yeah, he's their ace. Spanberger-Singer should be something to see.

HogFansReunited

Quote from: Rock City Razorback on May 27, 2017, 10:09:52 am
Knight pitched another gem. What are the chances he return next year? I know his stock is pretty high already, but I think he could improve it further. I'd also hate to see ANOTHER great sophomore leave early like Benny.

From everything I have heard, he is gone. Sucks but he will make money at the next level.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

Birminghog

Well put.  Agreed.

ucahogfan

Quote from: runninhog on May 27, 2017, 10:57:59 am
Second round draft choice out of high school. Throws a 96MPH fastball and has good off-speed stuff. Yeah, he's their ace. Spanberger-Singer should be something to see.
All 3 of their weekend starters (Faedo, Singer, and Kowar) will be first round picks either this year (Faedo) or next year (the other two).  Heck, they all might be top 15 picks.

King

trippigs

Another free baseball game.....cant get any better! Full trust in DVH to protect our pitchers today. Would be fun to rock the Gators with a load of long balls.

CJ HOG

Quote from: trippigs on May 27, 2017, 12:14:56 pm
Another free baseball game.....cant get any better! Full trust in DVH to protect our pitchers today. Would be fun to rock the Gators with a load of long balls.
I agree. Our best chance these next 2 games is to outscore in a slugfest imo. If we start raking and bounce Singer we might just have a chance. The more the pitching dilutes for Fla. or LSU the better our ability to mash. Our offense is explosive to say the least, just not very consistent of late.

runninhog

Quote from: ucahogfan on May 27, 2017, 11:43:40 am
All 3 of their weekend starters (Faedo, Singer, and Kowar) will be first round picks either this year (Faedo) or next year (the other two).  Heck, they all might be top 15 picks.

Yeah, they're all studs, but Singer seems to be the most highly regarded. All are 6'5.

BigBrandonAllenFan

Quote from: ucahogfan on May 27, 2017, 11:43:40 am

I don't think the Sooieville Sluggers are mentally daunted by any pitcher.  They tend to pound some of the top ones, like Lange.  Our guys see pretty darn good pitching in practice everyday.  Just another day at SEC office.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

For all of you that are saying Thank You to the Play-By-Play Team, You are welcome, but I need to say that I have not done near as much work this year as I have the last few years. RAZORBACK#1 HAS TAKEN OVER THE MAJORITY OF THE BEHIND THE SCENE WORK AND I think many of you would be surprised how much he does and how much time it takes to do what he does and how much he and his family sacrifice so he can do what he does for us. JHicks3636 has picked up the majority of the pbp which is easy to tell , along with the list of pbp guys and gals on the front page of each game and some that are not on the list. Spal deserves credit for his reappearance this season, doing work directly from the ball park and from home/work. I will not try to list them all because I know I will leave some out. Besides, I mainly wanted to point out the work that Razorback #1 does because he rarely gets credit for it and he does a very good job. So, THANKS RAZORBACK#1.

BigBrandonAllenFan

Bogghawg

Looks like our game might be starting a couple of innings early...
Never Attempt To Teach a Pig To Sing; It Wastes Your Time and Annoys the Pig

gmarv

Ditto,I don,t post much at all but i,m here keeping up and all of you guys do great work and it is greatly appreciated.

BroyledNutts

Quote from: HogFansReunited on May 27, 2017, 11:37:07 am
From everything I have heard, he is gone. Sucks but he will make money at the next level.

During the broadcast last night Kyle Peterson said it would be better that Knight return for another year, get more experience, and continue to develop not only his pitches but his physical presence...Peterson also said with Blaine's struggles in the middle of the year that he thought Knight would not go very high...in the teens. Stephan either.

If they do go that low I hope they at least consider the option of returning - both could go so much higher with another good season.

JHicks3636

Let me start by saying I'm a nothing on here. I'm not a moderator or anything other than a poster just like most of you. I don't delete posts, ban folks or anything else. I appreciate those who do make this board tolerable. I just hope everyone keeps his or her emotions in check today. I go into the game as I do all of them hoping that Arkansas wins. I'm also well aware that the odds are against us. We will be deep into our pitchers while Florida throws a weekend starter with a well rested bullpen. That have a very good team and are NOT overrated. We have actually exceeded my expectations for this tournament. I pray that we don't take the beating that USCe is taking right now but it could happen. Everyone take a deep breath and stay calm. The real reason for the season starts next week. I don't want to see anyone sanctioned for getting carried away today if things go south for us. Let's have fun and save ourselves for hosting next week. WE are hosting, right spal? I need reassurance. LOL

BroyledNutts

Quote from: JHicks3636 on May 27, 2017, 01:58:47 pm
WE are hosting, right spal? I need reassurance. LOL

Very much in doubt at this point...very nervous...

JHicks3636

Quote from: BroyledNutts on May 27, 2017, 01:55:33 pm
During the broadcast last night Kyle Peterson said it would be better that Knight return for another year, get more experience, and continue to develop not only his pitches but his physical presence...Peterson also said with Blaine's struggles in the middle of the year that he thought Knight would not go very high...in the teens. Stephan either.

If they do go that low I hope they at least consider the option of returning - both could go so much higher with another good season.

Mostly it will be about money. If they get enough they are gone, otherwise we may see them back. The good thing for Knight is he will still have bargaining power next year since he will not be a senior. Stephan won't have that as he would be a senior.

ucahogfan

Quote from: JHicks3636 on May 27, 2017, 02:03:50 pm
Mostly it will be about money. If they get enough they are gone, otherwise we may see them back. The good thing for Knight is he will still have bargaining power next year since he will not be a senior. Stephan won't have that as he would be a senior.
And if he adds 20 pounds or so, he could very well be a top 10 pick which is a 3MM+ signing bonus.  He is probably looking at a signing bonus of $1MM tops right now so he could triple his money or more by coming back.

JHicks3636

Please note that our game will not start before 3 CDT even if USCe is run ruled as it appears they will be. The early finish will just confirm that we will start on time. It may be almost a perfect finish for that as our game would not have started until 30 minutes after this one finishes. A 9 inning game would obviously have gone past 2:30.

Birminghog

Quote from: Birminghog on May 27, 2017, 09:42:38 am
What's the over/under about when the game will really start today? I've got 4:00. Regardless, I'll be there.

And this, friends, is why I don't gamble. Lol.

HogFansReunited

Quote from: JHicks3636 on May 27, 2017, 01:58:47 pm
Let me start by saying I'm a nothing on here. I'm not a moderator or anything other than a poster just like most of you. I don't delete posts, ban folks or anything else. I appreciate those who do make this board tolerable. I just hope everyone keeps his or her emotions in check today. I go into the game as I do all of them hoping that Arkansas wins. I'm also well aware that the odds are against us. We will be deep into our pitchers while Florida throws a weekend starter with a well rested bullpen. That have a very good team and are NOT overrated. We have actually exceeded my expectations for this tournament. I pray that we don't take the beating that USCe is taking right now but it could happen. Everyone take a deep breath and stay calm. The real reason for the season starts next week. I don't want to see anyone sanctioned for getting carried away today if things go south for us. Let's have fun and save ourselves for hosting next week. WE are hosting, right spal? I need reassurance. LOL

Yep we are hosting lol.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Member #3568

HogFansReunited

Quote from: BroyledNutts on May 27, 2017, 01:55:33 pm

I agree that he might be better off by coming back but people with inside info have said that he is set on going pro after this season.

Member #3568

JHicks3636

Official start time is 3:02 CDT. I guess the 2 minutes matter.

JHicks3636

Arkansas line-up
1   rf   8   Eric Cole   B   0-0   .261
2   1b   24   Chad Spanberger   L   0-0   .303
3   dh   17   Luke Bonfield   R   0-0   .303
4   cf   28   Dominic Fletcher   L   0-0   .284
5   2b   20   Carson Shaddy   R   0-0   .281
6   ss   9   Jax Biggers   L   0-0   .346
7   c   33   Grant Koch   R   0-0   .284
8   3b   3   Jared Gates   L   0-0   .238
9   lf   15   Jake Arledge   R   0-0   .298
10   p   21   Kacey Murphy   L   0-0   

CJ HOG

DVH says Taco and Kopps available. Reindl probably won't see action today.

BigBrandonAllenFan

It's been a while since my palms got sweaty before a game.  My palms are sweating.  :razorback: