Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SECT GM 14, #4 ARK (40-16,18-11 SEC)#5 MSU(36-23,17-14)

Started by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S, May 26, 2017, 02:51:09 am

Previous topic - Next topic

JHicks3636

Quote from: A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S on May 26, 2017, 11:14:22 pm
Thanks JHicks3636 for the great pbp and a BIG thanks to Raz #1 for all of the behind the scenes work.

No thanks needed. I love doing it.

BroyledNutts

Quote from: TebowHater on May 26, 2017, 11:15:46 pm
Man, good win - wish we had gotten to face Florida today with Knight, though. I think we could have beat them.

We would have still been able to beat MSU tomorrow with their depleted pen. Obviously we can still beat Florida but even DVH says we have our hands more than full.

Maybe we could have ... Florida is hitting the ball really well right now though ... I think I'd rather get beat tomorrow by Florida in a respectable loss, get our butts home, and get rested for next weekend, than I would win tomorrow and spend all day Sunday hearing about that !@#*^& %#$!@#$ rally possum for 9 more innings, possibly losing to those @#$%#$ again, with no improvement in our seeding in the NCAAT ...

Let them have their tournament win ... I'll take a trip to Omaha in trade.

tennesseehogwild

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on May 26, 2017, 10:59:35 pm
I'm a baseball purist and what I saw in rooker was a kid having fun in his last SEC baseball game.

I wouldn't have done it but I don't have a problem with it.

Agreed!  They were out of pitchers I would guess.

TebowHater

Quote from: BroyledNutts on May 26, 2017, 11:21:52 pm
Maybe we could have ... Florida is hitting the ball really well right now though ... I think I'd rather get beat tomorrow by Florida in a respectable loss, get our butts home, and get rested for next weekend, than I would win tomorrow and spend all day Sunday hearing about that !@#*^& %#$!@#$ rally possum for 9 more innings, possibly losing to those @#$%#$ again, with no improvement in our seeding in the NCAAT ...

Let them have their tournament win ... I'll take a trip to Omaha in trade.

Good analysis. I basically said the same thing about today's game before we played, as the same thing essentially applied. Just if we were to lose today, would have rather had it be against Florida. But will take the W now.

Bogghawg

So are we in about the same situation tomorrow as MSU was tonight?  All but out of pitchers while our opponent still has a weekend starter waiting to go?  Prospects are grim.  Losing tomorrow certainly has an up side.
Never Attempt To Teach a Pig To Sing; It Wastes Your Time and Annoys the Pig

TebowHater

Quote from: tennesseehogwild on May 26, 2017, 11:22:42 pm
Agreed!  They were out of pitchers I would guess.

In post game interview Rooker was exceedingly classy about it. He said he mentioned the idea to their Coach earlier in the week given all the arm injuries they had this year that he could try if they really needed him. Never thought it would happen, but when his Coach told him to go in he said just throw strikes and whatever happens happens. Rooker said his stuff was flat and not very good and that if he stayed in much longer would have really gotten roughed up...Said even Grant on that last one hit it hard, he was just just lucky Grant hit to their left fielder.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Arkansas' 41 wins are tied for the most pre-NCAA Tourney wins during Dave Van Horn's 15-year tenure as the Razorbacks' coach. (Other: 2007)

Bogghawg

Quote from: A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S on May 26, 2017, 11:31:59 pm

Arkansas' 41 wins are tied for the most pre-NCAA Tourney wins during Dave Van Horn's 15-year tenure as the Razorbacks' coach. (Other: 2007)

Wow!  That's not for nothin'.
Never Attempt To Teach a Pig To Sing; It Wastes Your Time and Annoys the Pig

Razorbacks#1

Quote from: JHicks3636 on May 26, 2017, 11:16:17 pm
No thanks needed. I love doing it.
I am giving some anyway. Much appreciated, Go HOGS!
"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

May 27, 2017, 06:29:04 am #709 Last Edit: May 27, 2017, 08:32:31 am by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

BOX SCORE:
http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/Mississippi-State-Arkansas-SEC-Quarterfinal-5.27.17.pdf

BRACKET:
http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/2017-SEC-Baseball-Tournament-Bracket-1.pdf

DVH RECAPS MSU: VIDEO: Dave Van Horn recaps 9-2 win over Mississippi State
http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2017/may/27/video-dave-van-horn-recaps-9-2-win-over-mississipp/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

POST GAME: Offense Explodes Again To Send Razorbacks To Semifinals
http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/offense-explodes-again-to-send-razorbacks-to-semifinals/#sm.00001jlujzxeida2yt42hd3mnux32

Coupled with another great start on the mound by sophomore Blaine Knight, the Razorbacks scored nine runs on 10 hits against the Bulldogs, including a six-run sixth inning that provided Knight plenty of support. It was a nice bounce-back win as being sent to the loser's bracket by Mississippi State on Thursday

Knight had a clutch performance on the mound, scattering five hits over 6.2 innings, while giving up just one earned run, a home run in the seventh, and one walk. The Bryant, Arkansas native struck out nine Bulldogs for his best performance since striking out 10 against Ole Miss on April 27 and picked up his team-leading eighth win of the year.

At the plate, sophomore Jax Biggers and junior Chad Spanberger continued their hot tournament performances as the two combined to go 5-for-8 (.625) with four extra base hits against the Bulldogs. Biggers tallied his fifth three-hit game of the year, going 3-for-5 (.600) with three RBIs, including a triple and a double.

HognitiveDissonance

Quote from: Bogghawg on May 26, 2017, 11:24:42 pm
So are we in about the same situation tomorrow as MSU was tonight?  All but out of pitchers while our opponent still has a weekend starter waiting to go?  Prospects are grim.  Losing tomorrow certainly has an up side.
I generally agree.
Losing gives you a little extra edge going into the following week. If you win, you may get content.
The only caveat is that you have a chance to do something you've never done---win an SEC Tournament. I would love to have that in the bag once.