Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SECT GM 8, #4 ARK(39-15,18-11SEC) vs #5 MSU(35-22,18-13SEC)

Started by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S, May 23, 2017, 02:57:15 am

Previous topic - Next topic

BroyledNutts

Well that explains it ... Todd Walker, former LSU infielder ... he's the SEC network's version of David Bazzel.

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: AUSTXHOG on May 25, 2017, 01:39:25 pm
Thank you SPaL!  Please keep the nonsense out of the next game thread.  I am as pissed as everyone else, but I hate wading through crap trying to follow PBP.
that's why when things are going so-so, I don't comment until game is over....and when you do that there are a few who accuse you of only voicing your opinion when things are going bad...yeah, I've been following the Hogs for right at 50 years and get accused of enjoying seeing them lose....it could be tiddly winks and I am for the cardinal and white
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

hogfan10

Quote from: Razorbacks#1 on May 25, 2017, 01:04:37 pm
It's crazy that some folks don't show up at all during the game thread, but once adversity starts, they come out of the woodwork.

I'm about to start cleaning house.

It's not crazy at all. Some people are probably watching the game instead of reading a game thread. When something bad happens they vent on the game thread.  Seems perfectly natural to me.

GeauxHogsGeaux!

Quote from: jry04 on May 25, 2017, 01:42:27 pm
That isn't how the tournament works. We drop down and play Auburn, MSU plays Florida in our side of the bracket. Loser of MSU v UF tomorrow faces the winner of Auburn v Arkansas.

You are right. Brain fart, my bad. Either way. I would much rather play Auburn (who has used their pitchers) than Florida who has been scary.

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: BroyledNutts on May 25, 2017, 01:47:57 pm
Well that explains it ... Todd Walker, former LSU infielder ... he's the SEC network's version of David Bazzel.
I wonder if Todd carries around glamour pictures of himself in a tuxedo giving them away to teenage girls...the BAZ has been known to happen to have a few glamour shots of himself when 103.7 used to go on location

HognitiveDissonance

I clicked on this thread trying to learn the outcome of the game. I didn't know until now.
I was fully expecting a Miss St win. So not surprised in the least.
Did we really have any business sweeping them 3-0 in March? No.
You don't think they were more than ready to play Arkansas again? Yes. And they're a good team anyway.
This was the worst possible matchup for the Hogs for Game 1.

I want to win every game, but this game doesn't mean much. Hosting is nice, but I like our chances of advancing from a Regional either home or away.

On to the next one.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Quote from: hogfan10 on May 25, 2017, 01:48:58 pm
It's not crazy at all. Some people are probably watching the game instead of reading a game thread. When something bad happens they vent on the game thread.  Seems perfectly natural to me.
WRONG PLACE!

jry04

Quote from: GeauxHogsGeaux! on May 25, 2017, 01:50:22 pm
You are right. Brain fart, my bad. Either way. I would much rather play Auburn (who has used their pitchers) than Florida who has been scary.
I would much rather face Florida knowing we won against MSU to improve to 4-0 v them, then face Auburn wondering if we will win or go 0-2. Like I have said, I do not subscribe to the theory that we are an absolute lock to host. Weird stuff can happen in other games that influence our potential to host. OU could get hot and run the table, MSU could get hot and win the SECT, and so on. I would much rather be sitting at 1-0 rather than 0-1 having to play again in 3 hours.

hogfan10

Quote from: A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S on May 25, 2017, 01:54:29 pm
WRONG PLACE!

Why? It's a thread discussing the game. No comments made have taken away from the game.

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: jry04 on May 25, 2017, 01:54:40 pm
I would much rather face Florida knowing we won against MSU to improve to 4-0 v them, then face Auburn wondering if we will win or go 0-2. Like I have said, I do not subscribe to the theory that we are an absolute lock to host. Weird stuff can happen in other games that influence our potential to host. OU could get hot and run the table, MSU could get hot and win the SECT, and so on. I would much rather be sitting at 1-0 rather than 0-1 having to play again in 3 hours.
just as long as UF doesn't pitch Puk....that guy threw pellets of cheese we couldn't even foul-off year before last

Razorbacks#1

Thanks BACON, much appreciated on the PBP! Now let me see if I can get some work done before the end of the day. Go HOGS!
"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

SPAL

Quote from: hogfan10 on May 25, 2017, 01:48:58 pm

It's not a vent thread and it never will be. You wanna vent, might as well head to the forum aptly named for such a thing because if you post it here, that's where it is headed anyway.

Besides, if it was only you wishing to vent, you would head on over there. But you do it here because you want people to see it.

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: Razorbacks#1 on May 25, 2017, 02:18:25 pm
We may have to have a Vent Thread.
nah, guys, seriously, we are going to beat the Plainsmen like the Cow College students they are

jry04

It sucks we lost, but we hit the ball hard. Rooker made 2 good plays saving a run, the RF robbed us of a HR, and the 3rd baseman caught a ball in self defense from Bonfield that would have scored a run. Then you throw in the hit and run that moved the SS over to 2nd to cover the bag and Kenley lined it over 2nd for an out that would have been a single. We definitely messed up quite a bit, but we also were unlucky at the plate. It happens. Hopefully this evening those balls find holes.

ThisTeetsTaken

Disappointing for sure but the SECT means nothing compared to getting to Omaha.  Now, if you do play your way to a shot at the SECT title, then yes, it's worth getting excited over but the NCAAT is where the sweet meat is.
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

SPAL

Saw this on my way home from work. You nancys need a sign?.....here it is.

hogfan10

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on May 25, 2017, 02:24:58 pm
It's not a vent thread and it never will be. You wanna vent, might as well head to the forum aptly named for such a thing because if you post it here, that's where it is headed anyway.

Besides, if it was only you wishing to vent, you would head on over there. But you do it here because you want people to see it.

Well for starters, I've posted 3 times (including this one) in this thread; none have been vents. It's a game discussion thread, is it not? If it's not, then nothing should be posted by anyone, except the individual giving the updates. I haven't noticed any overly critical bashing of players or coaches, if that happens remove it. Otherwise typical criticisms of game play/strategy should be fair game.

SPAL

Quote from: hogfan10 on May 25, 2017, 02:41:03 pm
Well for starters, I've posted 3 times (including this one) in this thread; none have been vents. It's a game discussion thread, is it not? If it's not, then nothing should be posted by anyone, except the individual giving the updates. I haven't noticed any overly critical bashing of players or coaches, if that happens remove it. Otherwise typical criticisms of game play/strategy should be fair game.

You mentioned why people vent. I'm telling you why it won't happen. If you're not the one doing it, why start a crusade for it? Obviously, if your posts have remained, you're not a problem.

TebowHater

Quote from: hogfan10 on May 25, 2017, 02:41:03 pm

I know it is a foreign concept on other areas of this board, but criticisms of strategy, alternative suggestions, and associated discussion are distinctly different from "We suck!!" "We're Arkansas of course we lost" "No point even watching anymore"

SPAL

Look, baseball discussion has always been and will remain the cornerstone of extra Innings. It's when that line gets crossed between discussing baseball and attacking that gets posts removed and people banned.

Nobody is saying it has to be rainbows and butterflies. It's ok to disagree with a poster, the coaching staff, the players ...whatever. But don't attack. That's the key.

code red

Quote from: jry04 on May 25, 2017, 01:54:40 pm
Yes agreed.  Don't understand where the op is coming from.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

southarkhog06

Honestly I would rather the whole tourney just be single elimination, and be headed back to Fayetteville to prepare for regionals.

hogfan10

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on May 25, 2017, 02:43:53 pm
You mentioned why people vent. I'm telling you why it won't happen. If you're not the one doing it, why start a crusade for it? Obviously, if your posts have remained, you're not a problem.

No crusade, just answering a question as to why more people comment when we are losing. I have read very few pages of this thread (mostly the ones toward the end), in the pages I did read I saw nothing that appeared to be extreme; yet I did see the threat of deletions, etc. I think it's human nature to discuss the bad more than the good. But, to avoid my knuckles being wrapped, I'll step back in line.

TNhawgfan

Quote from: southarkhog06 on May 25, 2017, 03:23:17 pm
Honestly I would rather the whole tourney just be single elimination, and be headed back to Fayetteville to prepare for regionals.
This/\
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

SPAL

Quote from: hogfan10 on May 25, 2017, 03:37:54 pm
No crusade, just answering a question as to why more people comment when we are losing. I have read very few pages of this thread (mostly the ones toward the end), in the pages I did read I saw nothing that appeared to be extreme; yet I did see the threat of deletions, etc. I think it's human nature to discuss the bad more than the good. But, to avoid my knuckles being wrapped, I'll step back in line.

You didn't see them because the moderation team is the best at keeping this board free of the nonsense.