Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SECT GM 8, #4 ARK(39-15,18-11SEC) vs #5 MSU(35-22,18-13SEC)

Started by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S, May 23, 2017, 02:57:15 am

Previous topic - Next topic

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

May 23, 2017, 02:57:15 am Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 02:28:19 pm by sir-pigs-a-lot

#4 ARKANSAS vs #5 MSU
at Hoover, Alabama   Thursday at 9:30 AM

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

WELCOME TO RAZORBACK BASEBALL 2017 - HOGVILLE.net OFFICIAL
                                    SEC TOURNAMENT GAME #8 THREAD

#4 ARKANSAS (39-15, 18-11 SEC) vs #5 Mississippi St (34-22, 17-13 SEC) OR #12 Georgia (25-31, 11-19 SEC)

This is the first game of the SEC Tournament for the Razorbacks and is a DOUBLE ELIMINATION GAME. The Razorbacks are the #4 Seed and drew a bye for round one in the tournament. Georgia and Mississippi State played on Tuesday in round one for the rights to play the Razorbacks in Round #2 on Wednesday in Game #8.

THURSDAY's First Pitch is set for around 9:30 am and WILL BE TELEVISED on the SEC Network . This game will be streamed live online on SEC Network Plus accessible at WatchESPN.com and the WatchESPN app. also. Both teams will advance regardless of the outcome with the winner advancing to the winners bracket and the loser to the losers bracket with both games being played on Thursday, however the winner gets the day off on Friday.

Play-by-Play Narrative:
For many years, Hogville members who love Razorback Baseball have come together to produce these game threads with play-by-play narrative for those that depend on it as their only source and for those that just simply enjoy it. These threads have been a foundation for great Hogville discussions and that tradition continues today as this is NOT a read only thread (all Hogville posting rules apply).

Bacons Rebellion        will provide the play-by-play narrative for this game.  Razorbacks#1, A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S, Maddhog,  Wisco Pig, sir-pigs-a-lot, JHGiunta, ucahogfan, will assist with stats, back up, and support. We hope that the many other regular posters will join in also and continue to add quality input. If you are new to the Extra Innings - Razorback Baseball Game Threads and you understand the rules, feel free to join in the conversations. If you have questions, read this:  http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=626632.0

Click below for: The Fight Song:
http://fightmusic.com/mp3/sec/Arkansas__Arkansas_Fight_Song__(Play,_Sing,_Play).mp3

Click below for: University Of Arkansas Alma Mater 
http://fightmusic.com/mp3/sec/Arkansas__University_Of_Arkansas_Alma_Mater.mp3

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

:razorback:

TIME TO CALL THE HOGS!

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

jry04

Pilkington is throwing for MSU tonight. That is great news, because the other starters they have struggle. Let's hope they have a long game and have to burn their stud closer, too.

bulldog04

Tusks

I think it's good news for the hogs to get an extra day off and knowing tonight the day off is coming.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

HogFansReunited

Quote from: tusked on May 23, 2017, 08:37:46 pm
I think it's good news for the hogs to get an extra day off and knowing tonight the day off is coming.

I hate the early time slot because I will be working during the game. I am glad our guys already know that the game won't be until Thursday though.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

JHicks3636

Quote from: HogFansReunited on May 23, 2017, 10:05:06 pm
I hate the early time slot because I will be working during the game. I am glad our guys already know that the game won't be until Thursday though.

Yeah, I was supose to do pbp tomorrow night, but I can't do it Thursday because I'm in court all day. Someone please step up. Let ARKANSAS or Razorback#1 know if you can do pbp Thursday morning.

SPAL

HogFansReunited

I would imagine Thursday morning would be hard for most people. Hopefully someone can step up.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Member #3568

JHicks3636

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on May 23, 2017, 10:13:35 pm
I'll be in the OR during the game so I'm out
What a weak excuse. That bowel resection will wait a couple of hours.

HogFansReunited

Member #3568

tucsonhogfan

I hate the early start time (7:30 for me), but an extra day of rest for our guys can't hurt.  I think I will record the game and check my phone every now and then during the game when I need a break from work.  I hope the GA/Miss St game goes 16 innings.

theFlyingHog

It looks like there's still quite a bit of weather pushing across Hoover. We could get pushed back again

SPAL

Quote from: JHicks3636 on May 23, 2017, 10:42:24 pm
What a weak excuse. That bowel resection will wait a couple of hours.

Haha. If only the docs felt the same. Actually, Thursday looks pretty clear for now. I may take a vacation day tomorrow.

Razorbacks#1

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on May 24, 2017, 07:27:27 am
Haha. If only the docs felt the same. Actually, Thursday looks pretty clear for now. I may take a vacation day tomorrow.
There you go SPAL, take one for the team! :) Go HOGS!
"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

SPAL

returntoglory

I hate to say it's a done deal, but MSU's pitcher is dealing right now. Who would they start tomorrow and how good is their bullpen? I don't know that Georgia will be able to get to their pen much this morning. Hope I'm wrong.

bighog2255

Quote from: returntoglory on May 24, 2017, 11:06:15 am
I hate to say it's a done deal, but MSU's pitcher is dealing right now. Who would they start tomorrow and how good is their bullpen? I don't know that Georgia will be able to get to their pen much this morning. Hope I'm wrong.

Pilkington is their #1 guy. After him, it's been a struggle for MSU on the mound, both starting and relieving. They have a good closer, but that's about it. They haven't found a consistent #2 or #3 starter

jry04

Quote from: bighog2255 on May 24, 2017, 11:12:39 am
Pilkington is their #1 guy. After him, it's been a struggle for MSU on the mound, both starting and relieving. They have a good closer, but that's about it. They haven't found a consistent #2 or #3 starter
They have 2 good relievers in Riley Self and Spencer Price, and both will be available tomorrow. After that, it is a bit of a roller coaster. It would be nice to jump on them early rather than having a tie game or a 1 run game late when they turn it over to their bullpen.

bighog2255

Quote from: jry04 on May 24, 2017, 01:36:36 pm
They have 2 good relievers in Riley Self and Spencer Price, and both will be available tomorrow. After that, it is a bit of a roller coaster. It would be nice to jump on them early rather than having a tie game or a 1 run game late when they turn it over to their bullpen.

McQuary should get the start. He has started the last 3 weekends, and has done OK. Gave up 6 runs in 5+ innings last week at LSU. Also came in relief against us, and did well: 3.2 innings of shutout ball. 4.78 ERA in 26 innings of SEC ball. Looks like to be a control issue, as he has 37 walks in 45 total innings this year.

Hollywood_HOGan45

Bacons Rebellion

SPAL

PigStyHigh365

Thanks, BR!  This is the type of thing that makes EI such a great forum. Someone always steps up when we need them, come rain or breakfast game.

Razorbacks#1

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

PigWig

Razorbacks#1

May 25, 2017, 09:02:30 am #31 Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 09:42:21 am by Razorbacks#1
Razorbacks Line Up:

RF - Eric Cole
1B - Chad Spanberger
DH - Luke Bonfield
C - Grant Koch
CF - Dominic Fletcher
2B - Carson Shaddy
SS - Jax Biggers
LF - Jake Arledge
3B - Jack Kenley

P - Trevor Stephan

Go RAZORBACKS! :razorback:

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

Miss State Line Up:

SS - Ryan Gridley
1B - Brent Rooker
CF  -Jake Mangum
2B - Hunter Stovall
3B - Cody Brown
DH  - Hunter Vansau
LF - Elijah MacNamee
C - Josh Lovelady
RF - Tanner Poole

P - Denver McQuary

THUNDER!

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

knoxvillehog

Quote from: Kevin on May 25, 2017, 09:07:22 am
Might want to put gates on a milk carton

I like it, if Kenley is our best defender at 3rd go with it. If he gets a hit it's gravy.

Something is up with Gates for sure and has to be more than a slump.

Razorbacks#1

May 25, 2017, 09:24:35 am #35 Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 09:38:15 am by Razorbacks#1

0               Top 1st                   0

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | -  |  R |  H  | E  |LOB
MST         |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |    | -  |  0  |  0  | 0  | 0   
ARK         |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |    | -  |  0  |  0  | 0  | 0   

THUNDER!

Pudgepork

Gonna be a windy day.  Hope for ground ball pitches from Stephan and many long gone fly balls from Hawg batters

CJ HOG

Bacons Rebellion

Good morning. Here we go in the top of the 1st. For the Bulldogs vs Stephan:

Gridley
Rooker (SEC PoY)
Mangum

Bacons Rebellion

MSU Ryan Gridley lines out to left (Arledge) 1 out.

Bacons Rebellion

MSU Brent Rooker hits first pitch through the left side for a single.

MSU runner on 1st, 1 out.

bighog2255

Bacons Rebellion

MSU Jake Mangum grounds the first pitch to Shaddy, out at first, Rooker advances to 2nd.

MSU runner on 2nd, 2 outs.

ThisTeetsTaken

Quote from: bighog2255 on May 25, 2017, 09:37:46 am
Think about pitching around him today?
Definitely can't throw them down the middle like that.
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

JHicks3636

At least we kept Rooker in the park. I'm ducking out of court for an update.

Bacons Rebellion

MSU Hunter Stovall (2B) grounds to Kenley at 3rd, 3 outs.

MSU 0, Arkansas coming to bat.

Razorbacks#1

0               Bot 1st                   0

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | -  |  R |  H  | E  |LOB
MST      0 |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |    | -  |  0  |  1  | 0  | 1   
ARK         |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |    | -  |  0  |  0  | 0  | 0   

THUNDER!

Pudgepork

Bacons Rebellion

For the Hogs vs McQuarry in the bottom of the first:

Cole
Spanberger
Bonfield

razorbackfan86