Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rodgerick Brown

Started by NWAHog479, May 22, 2017, 01:35:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

NWAHog479

With Hazen leaving, does this open the door back up for us signing Rodgerick Brown? Time to get us a stud Memphis kid.

Hawg Red

I hope it does, but I'm thinking D.J. Weaver (even though different class) may stand in the way. Curious to see what, if any, options present themselves. My first hope would be a big body but I love me some Rod Brown.

JayHog

I also want them to add Rod Brown. I think he would be a double-double machine.

Kevin McPherson

Quote from: Hawg Red on May 22, 2017, 01:38:42 pm
I hope it does, but I'm thinking D.J. Weaver (even though different class) may stand in the way. Curious to see what, if any, options present themselves. My first hope would be a big body but I love me some Rod Brown.

Just clarifying for everyone that as of now, Rodgerick Brown has not reclassified to 2017. He's still working through a decision on that matter.

skinnypig

Last interview I saw he had two classes to take on line this summer. Hoped to be done and make a decision in July

azhog10

If he's gonna be a hog it will be part of the 17 class. He won't be a hog in the 18 class.

mhuff

Quote from: azhog10 on May 22, 2017, 11:37:49 pm
If he's gonna be a hog it will be part of the 17 class. He won't be a hog in the 18 class.

Letsroll1200

If Arkansas is able to sign Brown for the 17 class I think the kid should strongly consider redshirting his first season.

Hawg Red

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on May 23, 2017, 09:40:54 am
If Arkansas is able to sign Brown for the 17 class I think the kid should strongly consider redshirting his first season.

Tough call as the reason he's reclassifying is because he'll be 19 years old this season. Not many would want to be a 20-year-old freshman.

The_Iceman

Quote from: Hawg Red on May 23, 2017, 09:43:58 am
Tough call as the reason he's reclassifying is because he'll be 19 years old this season. Not many would want to be a 20-year-old freshman.

Correct, he would not redshirt. His defense alone cam get him minutes (but they will be limited year 1).

King Kong

So are we actually recruiting him for this spot? Or is this just speculation right now

Personally, I like his film. Hustle player very good Athlete. Jumper needs work but it shows potential

Hawg Red

Quote from: King Kong on May 23, 2017, 11:01:18 am
So are we actually recruiting him for this spot? Or is this just speculation right now

Personally, I like his film. Hustle player very good Athlete. Jumper needs work but it shows potential

Speculation.

Kevin McPherson

hogwood

I would still be pretty stoked to get Rod Brown.

mhuff

Likewise, I have been wanting him from the start.

JayHog

June 09, 2017, 03:17:59 am #16 Last Edit: June 10, 2017, 06:13:00 pm by JayHog
Looking at the tea leaves, for whatever reason, it looks like that ship has sailed. I just hope to hear the full story some day on what really happened.

NWAHog479

Saw that he took his official visit to MTSU this weekend. Wondering where we still stand for RB.

hdturner

Committed to Wichita State

navyhog24

NWAHog479

Is he signing as a 2017 or 2018 player?

Kevin McPherson

June 20, 2017, 11:05:35 am #21 Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 09:49:18 pm by HOGdayafternoon
Quote from: NWAHog479 on June 20, 2017, 08:58:07 am
Is he signing as a 2017 or 2018 player?

He told me he'll make that decision after Aug. 1. Translation (my speculation): 2017 if he qualifies academically, or prep school if not (if the latter -- again, pure speculation here -- he could likely transfer at mid-term and be available for half of the 2017-18 season).

hogwood

The next Fred Vanvleet for them... As in they will make a lot of runs with Rod Brown as a Shocker. Good get indeed.

daBoar

Quote from: HOGdayafternoon on June 20, 2017, 11:05:35 am
He told me he'll make that decision after Aug. 1. Translation (my speculation): 2017 if he qualifies academically, or prep school if not (if the latter -- again, pure speculation here -- he could likely transfer at mid-term and be available for half of the 2017-18 season).
So, why could the Hogs not do this, or not want to?

Kevin McPherson

Quote from: daBoar on June 20, 2017, 05:37:01 pm
So, why could the Hogs not do this, or not want to?

Hogs moved on.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: HOGdayafternoon on June 20, 2017, 05:46:24 pm
Hogs moved on.

Didn't want to do a Kapita 2.0 I guess. Can't blame them. Would have been a good get for us if it had worked out though.

nwahogfan1

I thought I saw were he is going to Wichita State.