Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How are we doing our post season game thread this year?

Started by JHicks3636, May 22, 2017, 10:40:53 am

Previous topic - Next topic

JHicks3636

All games in one thread? SEC in one thread and NCAA in one? All separate? This is very important for the superstitious.

dotnet

I'm okay with multi games or all in one game....

but I would like a new thread for each weekend/round

BigBrandonAllenFan

dotnet

I also think it makes sense to have one generic SECT thread (non Arkansas) instead of a game thread for each non Arkansas SECT game.  That seems like a lot of threads to keep up with... I'm okay either way, just thinking about the people making the threads..

BigBrandonAllenFan

Quote from: dotnet on May 22, 2017, 11:03:22 am
I also think it makes sense to have one generic SECT thread (non Arkansas) instead of a game thread for each non Arkansas SEC game

This for sure. Put all the Nazis together in one cr@p pile. They are all vermin enemy and deserve no special attention.

BigSexyHog

Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

Wisco Pig

1. One big thread for all SEC tournament games that don't involve Arkansas
2. One big thread for all NCAA tournament games that don't involve Arkansas
3. A separate thread for each Arkansas game in the SEC and NCAA tournaments

ricepig

Quote from: Wisco Pig on May 22, 2017, 12:49:53 pm

This^^^^^^

woodhog14

This is my vote!!!

BroyledNutts

This, with the SEC and NCAA threads only containing scores - no PBP ... and really, to reduce the load, only those games in the NCAA that could directly affect who the hogs may play; i.e. in our regional, and the regional we'll be paired with.

PintailKiller

Yes!
"Just take the ball and throw it where you want to. Throw strikes. Home plate don't move."

AUSTXHOG

JHicks3636

I don't care how we do it but it has been done different ways. The 4th most popular thread of all time on Hogville was the 2009 College World Series thread where all games were in one thread. I imagine Wilson, ARKANSAS, and Razorback#1 will make the final decision but they are great about taking our preferences into consideration.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Well, at 5:00 this morning, I started separate threads for each SEC game that will not involve Arkansas, but I have no  problem combining them so we have one big thread for all SEC tournament games without the Hogs. I have started so many that it comes easy and it's easy to combine them which seems to be the popular opinion.

If someone wants to pickup pbp at some point during a non-Razorback game, just go for it.

I will continue to setup separate threads for each Hog game and the regular Hogville pbp team will provide pbp narrative for those games.  GHG!

GHG!

RazrRila99

Personally I like the "Postseason All Razorback Encompassing" thread. The last time we had dedicated thread to the Razorbacks Post-Season we made it to the CWS.  I say we do that again. 

yes, it creates a little more delay finding the current game, but Im willing to go through that pain for superstition sake.

razorbackfan86

Quote from: JHicks3636 on May 22, 2017, 02:34:31 pm
I don't care how we do it but it has been done different ways. The 4th most popular thread of all time on Hogville was the 2009 College World Series thread where all games were in one thread. I imagine Wilson, ARKANSAS, and Razorback#1 will make the final decision but they are great about taking our preferences into consideration.

That was a fun year.

Wisco Pig

HogFansReunited

Although separate threads are way easier to follow, it seems like we do way better when we only have one super thread.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

bulldog04

If we do one big thread for the SECT and NCAAT games it would be easier if the first post was edited every time a game was started to tell what page what game is on.

dotnet

Quote from: HogFansReunited on May 22, 2017, 05:24:47 pm
Although separate threads are way easier to follow, it seems like we do way better when we only have one super thread.

It would be foolish to harm the team because I can't spend two minutes finding the right page to start on.

ricepig

Quote from: dotnet on May 22, 2017, 05:45:52 pm
It would be foolish to harm the team because I can't spend two minutes finding the right page to start on.

Don't you mean it would be foolish to think it has any bearing on how the team performs?

HogFansReunited

Quote from: ricepig on May 22, 2017, 05:55:12 pm
Don't you mean it would be foolish to think it has any bearing on how the team performs?

You don't baseball hu?  I have to sit in my seat with the correct lights on, the dogs have to be inside and the cat has to be outside, and I must have an unopened beer in my hand or we will lose.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

ricepig

Quote from: HogFansReunited on May 22, 2017, 09:38:43 pm
You don't baseball hu?  I have to sit in my seat with the correct lights on, the dogs have to be inside and the cat has to be outside, and I must have an unopened beer in my hand or we will lose.

Only if the trend is unbroken, we've been back to the CWS using separate game threads, so no superstitions for me. Now, Lanny could shut down HV if we're winning, and it would be fine with me!