Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2017 SEC BASEBALL TOURNAMENT - NON RAZORBACK GAMES

Started by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S, May 22, 2017, 05:20:33 am

Previous topic - Next topic

JHicks3636

Quote from: HogFansReunited on May 23, 2017, 07:43:41 pm
They just announced they are moving game 4 to tomorrow.

Game is scheduled to begin at 8:30 am CDT in the morning. That will certainly push every other game back some since no way it finishes before the 10:30 scheduled time for tomorrow's first originally scheduled game. Also, weather may be worse tomorrow than today. Worst weather could be early.

swineology

Quote from: HogFansReunited on May 23, 2017, 07:47:44 pm
Sounds like they are going to try and squeeze 5 games in tomorrow but looking at the weather, I don't think that is possible. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if they only get 3 games in again tomorrow.

We'll be playing on Thursday

DiamondHogFan

Quote from: HogFansReunited on May 23, 2017, 07:47:44 pm
Sounds like they are going to try and squeeze 5 games in tomorrow but looking at the weather, I don't think that is possible. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if they only get 3 games in again tomorrow.
Let's just turn it into a single elimination and get more rest for all teams.

HogFansReunited

Quote from: DiamondHogFan on May 23, 2017, 07:52:51 pm

I agree and I hope that if there are enough weather delays this week, the SEC will reconsider the current format.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

Razorbacks#1

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

DiamondHogFan

So as it stands now:

Win Thursday morning, play 2 games on Friday.
Lose Thursday morning, play again later Thursday.

JHicks3636

They are now showing Georgia-MSU at 9:30 CDT tomorrow. Our game has already been moved to Thursday at 9:30. If we win, our next game will be Friday at 9:30. If we lose Thursday morning, we have to turn around and play the first game in the afternoon session.

JHicks3636

Quote from: DiamondHogFan on May 23, 2017, 08:18:22 pm
So as it stands now:

Win Thursday morning, play 2 games on Friday.
Lose Thursday morning, play again later Thursday.

I think we only play one on Friday if we win. If we lose we would play 2 games.

New schedule
http://www.secsports.com/championship/baseball 
ARKANSAS or Razorback#1, you might want to move this schedule up to the sticky thread.

DiamondHogFan

Quote from: JHicks3636 on May 23, 2017, 08:28:27 pm
I think we only play one on Friday if we win. If we lose we would play 2 games.

New schedule
http://www.secsports.com/championship/baseball 
ARKANSAS or Razorback#1, you might want to move this schedule up to the sticky thread.
I stand corrected.  As long as we win it will be 1 per day.

JHicks3636

After 2 innings, Ole Miss leads Auburn 2-0. Auburn loaded the bases in the bottom of the 2nd with 1 out, but did not score. First batter hit a ground ball and the runner was forced out at home. Next batter grounded out on a fielder's choice.

JHicks3636

After 4 innings, Auburn leads 3-2 as they score 3 in the 4th.

SPAL

Auburn will be a nightmare in someone's regional. 2 stud starters and a stud reliever and bats that can get hot. I wouldn't be surprised to see them in a super.

JHicks3636

Ole Miss ties it 3-3 in the top of the 6th but Auburn regains the lead 4-3 on a homer in the bottom of the 6th.

HogFansReunited

My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Member #3568

JHicks3636

Auburn tacks on an insurance run in the 8th to make it 5-3. Good thing since Ole Miss gets a homer in the 9th to make it 5-4. It finishes that way as the Black Bears board the bus for the trek back to Oxford. Auburn is scheduled to play what will now be the last game on the schedule for tomorrow.

PorkRyan

Auburn was barking at the Ole Miss dugout after the game. Anyone know what that was about?

TNhawgfan

Quote from: DiamondHogFan on May 23, 2017, 07:52:51 pm
How many delays/moving games back would have to happen before they would do that? I imagine the next two days would pretty much have to be wiped before they would consider making it a single elimination tournament, right?
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

JHicks3636

JHicks3636

MSU takes an early 2-0 lead on a 2 run homer in the bottom of the 1st.

JHicks3636

Pitching match-up is Adkins for Georgia v. Pilkington for MSU.

Wisco Pig

If you're at work in your office and want to listen on radio, here's the link to Georgia-MSU:

http://www.secsports.com/player

JHicks3636

HogFansReunited

Quote from: Wisco Pig on May 24, 2017, 10:24:26 am
If you're at work in your office and want to listen on radio, here's the link to Georgia-MSU:

http://www.secsports.com/player

Thank you!

Member #3568

JHicks3636

Still 3-0 as game goes to the 6th. Georgia keeps dodging bullets to keep the game close. MSU has stranded 8 in 5 innings.

allredhog

Last chance for UGA. 3-0 MSU in top of the 9th.
A redhead married a redhead and had redheaded children and all are HOGS!

JHicks3636

Georgia loses to MSU 3-0. They head back to Athens and will not be going to the NCAA. We play MSU tomorrow morning.

JHicks3636

USCe and Kentucky are underway. Schnaenzer goes for Kentucky; Morris for USCe.

JHicks3636

Kentucky leads the SEC in batting. In order of line-up position, this is the average for each: .369, .385, .362, .304, .341, .333, .308, 307, .271

dotnet

271?  Thats the problem with Mingione... hes never been able to put together a complete line up.

onebadrubi

Quote from: dotnet on May 24, 2017, 01:01:18 pm
271?  Thats the problem with Mingione... hes never been able to put together a complete line up.

Haha.  That gave me a good laugh. 

HogFansReunited

Quote from: dotnet on May 24, 2017, 01:01:18 pm

Thanks for the laugh.

Member #3568

JHicks3636

USCe strikes first with 2 runs in the top of the 3rd. Kentucky coming up in the bottom of the inning.

Kevin

Come uk, tired of hearing how Carolina has a chance to make the tournament
If we had their record, they would not even talk about us.
13 league wins, come on
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

JHicks3636

Kentucky gets 2 in the bottom of the 3rd and it is all tied at 2-2 after 3 full innings.

JHicks3636

Kentucky scored 1 in the bottom of the 4th on a massive homerun. Now in the Kentucky 5th at 3-2 Kentucky.

Hog-Corleone

Bottom of 6th, Kentucky up 6-2, still batting with two outs...  SC pitcher just hit a KY batter in the helmet.  He is ok...
This is my word, and as such is beyond contestation.

JHicks3636

Kentucky scores 3 runs in the 6th and now leads 6-2 after 6 complete.

JHicks3636

JHicks3636

May 24, 2017, 03:34:21 pm #88 Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 09:13:42 pm by JHicks3636
Kentucky wins 7-2. USCe probably going no where but home this year. USCe plays Mizzou in an elimination game tomorrow. Kentucky plays LSU in the winner's bracket for a spot in the semis.

JHicks3636

Next up will be Missouri v. LSU. LSU goes with Caleb Gilbert; Mizzou counters with Tj Sikkema.

HogFansReunited

Member #3568

JHicks3636

Mizzou scores 1 in the 2nd inning to take an early lead, but LSU strikes for 4 in the 3rd and leads the game 4-1 in the top of the 4th.

JHicks3636

LSU has scored 1 in the bottom of the 5th to go up 5-1. The bad news is that at 5:59 a lightening strike caused a delay of at least 30 minutes. Any future strikes restarts the 30 minute clock. One more game is still scheduled tonight.

GeauxHogsGeaux!

Right before they cut out on SEC network Dari said no lightning but it was sideways raining.

GeauxHogsGeaux!

Restart at 7:20ct

LSU with runners on the corners and 1 out

JHicks3636

Game has resumed and Mizzou finally changed pitchers with the restart. 1 hour, 21 minute delay.

JHicks3636

LSU tacks on another run and leads 6-1 going to the 6th.

JHicks3636

LSU changes pitchers as well due to the delay.

King

If they run out of time to do all the games will it just go to single-elimination sooner?

JHicks3636