Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Darius Bazley

Started by Swinesong1, May 10, 2017, 09:23:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin McPherson

May 11, 2017, 08:30:00 am #1 Last Edit: May 11, 2017, 08:48:24 am by HOGdayafternoon

hogwood

Good news. Glad we are putting our name out there with a lot of kids. We'll snag some good ones to finish off 2018, surely.

realistichog

I'm not going to get too excited until Mike actually lands one of these highly rated OUT of state guys.

Waldron_Hog

Quote from: realistichog on May 11, 2017, 09:47:23 pm
I'm not going to get too excited until Mike actually lands one of these highly rated OUT of state guys.

What the hell were BJ Young, Jimmy Whitt, and Moses Kingsley? All 4 star or better. All from OUT of state.

nwahogfan1

Quote from: realistichog on May 11, 2017, 09:47:23 pm

I agree.  Usually we have a family or professional tie with a highly rated out of stater for me to think we have a chance. 

King Kong

Quote from: Waldron_Hog on May 12, 2017, 11:52:33 pm
What the hell were BJ Young, Jimmy Whitt, and Moses Kingsley? All 4 star or better. All from OUT of state.

To be fair BJ Young signed with Pel not MA.

VirginiaHog

Quote from: King Kong on May 13, 2017, 07:58:12 am
To be fair BJ Young signed with Pel not MA.
Whitt was a family friend and Moses came with Portis.

King Kong

Quote from: VirginiaHog on May 13, 2017, 10:31:07 am
Whitt was a family friend and Moses came with Portis.

Never said they weren't

Waldron_Hog

The poster that I responded to didn't add disclaimers about prior relationships with players (doesn't matter, if you have a prior relationship that's good).  All he said was that we don't land highly ranked out of state players.

I'll give you Bj, though he could have went somewhere else a la Igoudala if he wanted.

ShadowHawg

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on May 13, 2017, 07:54:31 am
I agree.  Usually we have a family or professional tie with a highly rated out of stater for me to think we have a chance.

Day, Mayberry, Alexander, Robinson,  all had some sort of close ties to Nolan. That's 4 of Nolan's 7 McAA.

But they don't count.

mhuff

Not sure about Robinson

Dominicanhog

that's what coaches do.. build relationships with these kids.. starting with camps as 10-12 year olds.. they build relationships with the family over time and become "friends of the family"....  it's called long term recruiting...

Danny Manning went to Kansas because Larry hired his dad.. doesn't make any difference how, what matters is they won a championship... 

ShadowHawg

Quote from: mhuff on May 14, 2017, 10:03:36 am
Not sure about Robinson

Robinson's grandmother was on an acquaintance basis with Nolan when he was at Tulsa. She lived there and loved Nolan. She basically convinced Darnell to come here.

mhuff

Forgot about that. Thx

Hawg Red

Committed to the 'Cuse.