Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Game three

Started by flippinhogmana, May 07, 2017, 12:51:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

flippinhogmana

Storms is in the circle as I expected she would be, the only changes in the lineup is that Warrick moves up behind Yani in the lineup and Hiers moves down to 9th (switched places in the batting order). 
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

flippinhogmana

1st batter singles on the first pitch
2nd batter works a 1-2 count and lines into a double play, two down, nobody on base
3rd batter 1-0, 2-0, 2-1, 2-2, and grounds out to 2b to end the inning
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

flippinhogmana

Russell 0-1, 1-2, grounds out to ss,
Krzysko 0-1, 0-2, (very slow feed) strikes out swinging after fouling off three two strike pitches, two down
Cooper 0-1, 0-2, strikes out swinging after fouling off a couple and working it to a 1-2 count, to the top of the 2nd, 0-0

flippinhogmana

1st batter (4th in the order) 0-1, 0-2, grounds out to 2B, one down
2nd batter 0-1, 0-2, grounds back to Storms, two down,
3rd batter 0-1, 1-1, 1-2, infield hit to 3B, one on, two out
4th batter works a 1-1 count and singles to center, two on, (1st and 2nd) two down,
5th batter 1-0, 2-0, singles to rf, runner scores 1-0 dogs,
6th batter flies out to rf, 1-0 dogs

flippinhogmana

Belans 1-0, 2-0, 3-0, then flies out to rf,
Schroeder 1-0, flies out to cf, two down
Yani 0-1, 0-2, 1-2, strikes out swinging, to the top of the 3rd, 1-0 dogs

flippinhogmana

top of the order 1-0, grounds to 1B,
2nd batter thrown out by catcher, two down,
3rd batter 1-0 and homers to cf, 2-0 dogs
4th batter 1-0, 1-1, 1-2, and grounds out to 1B, 2-0 dogs

flippinhogmana

Warrick 0-1, 0-2, strikes out looking,
Diaz 1-0, 2-0, 3-0, 3-1, and walks, hogs first base runner with one down
Hiers works it to 1-1, 1-2, 2-2, strikes out swing in an eight pitch at bat, two down
Russell 1-0, 1-1, 2-1, 2-2, pops up to 3rd to end the inning, to the top of the 4th, 2-0 dogs

flippinhogmana

Moll coming in to pitch for Storms
1st batter 0-1, 0-2, and strikes her out swinging, one down
2nd batter 0-1, then fouls out to lf, two down, nobody on
3rd batter 1-0, 1-1, 2-1, 2-2, 3-2, and walks with two down,
4th batter o-1, then grounds out to 3B.  2-0 dogs

flippinhogmana

bottom of the 4th (good to see Moll throw a god inning, particularly working from ahead in the count)
krzysko 1-0, 2-0, 2-1, flies out to CF, one down
Cooper 1-0, 1-1, and also flies out to CF, two down
Belans 1-1, 1-2, 2-2, and fouls out to 3b, still 2-0 dogs

flippinhogmana

1st batter in the top of the 5th is the number nine hitter then back to the top of the order.  One gets the sense that if Moll can hold the dogs, we can beat these guys today.
1st batter o-1, grounds out to ss
2nd batter 0-1, 0-2, 1-2, 2-2, 3-2, singles to left, one down, one on
2nd batter infield singe (bunt) two on, one out
3rd batter (homered last AB off Storms) 2-1 count, 2-2, another infield single and the bases are loaded with one out, 4th hitter 1-1, flies out to LF, but the runner from third scores, two down, runners at 1st and second, 3-0 dogs
5th batter 1-0, 1-1, and fouls out.

Moll didnt melt down or get wild as she has been doing but she didnt hold them either, 3-0 dogs to the Bottom of the 5th

flippinhogmana

Nicole Schroeder 1-1, then flies out to CF
Yani 1-0, 2-0, 3-0, walks on four pitches with one down, second hogs base runner
Warrick 1-1, reaches on a field error and advances to second, Beringhele (pr for Yani) to 3rd with one down
Diaz (walked first ab) get ph for by Pocklington and a pitching change for the dogs as well,
PP flies out to rf on the first pitch but the run doesn't score, two down
Hiers 1-0, grounds out to ss, 3-0 dogs

flippinhogmana

1st batter 1-0, 2-0, 3-0, 3-1, 3-2, and grounds out to 2B, one down
2nd batter 1-0, 1-1, 2-1, 2-2, and singles to right center, one on, one out
3rd batter sacrifices the runner to 2nd out on the play, two down runner on 2nd,
4th batter (the number nine hitter) 1-1, singles to center, rbi, advances to 2nd on the play, 4-0 dogs
5th batter 1-1, 2-1, singles, runenr to third, scores on a thorwing error by 2nd base, 5-0 dogs one down still,

flippinhogmana

next batter doubles, runners at 2nd and 3rd, and thats it for me.  see you guys in the tournament!

flippinhogmana

Moll finally retires the side with a strike out, but 5-0 dogs to the bottom of the 6th.

flippinhogmana

top of the order up for the hogs, who still haven't gotten a hit (dogs 12)

flippinhogmana

Russell 1-0, flies out to rf
Krzysko 0-1, 1-1, 2-1, 3-1, and walks with one down
Cooper 1-1, 2-2, 3-2, strikes out looking,
belans doubles for the hogs first hit, runners at 2nd and 3rd for NS
Schroeder 1-0, 2-0, lines out to rf to end the inning, 5-0

flippinhogmana

top of the 7th is a familiar Moll refrain, walk, wild pitch, then a passed ball, hedgcock comes in gets an out then gives up a single to score the runner from 3rd, 6-0 dogs, then a fielders choice for the seocnd out, runner moves to 2nd, then another single makes it 7-0, detc, etc, its now 10-0

flippinhogmana

and thats the way it ends

psycHOGlogist

That's a bit of a turd of a senior day. Time to regroup and approach the SECT with some motivation and positive mindset.

psycHOGlogist

Quote from: flippinhogmana on May 07, 2017, 02:20:36 pm

Hiers 1-0, grounds out to ss, 3-0 dogs

Why Hiers has plummeted down the batting order in a nutshell. No patience, and trying to pull a pitch that was over the outside part of the plate. She has never really gotten comfortable with hitting them where they're pitched and going to the opposite field -- she tries to pull everything. Too bad.

And Mizzou took the third game from Ole Miss, which moves us down to 12th. We'll face Bama and Osorio (you have to believe) in the first round of the SECT.