Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

NEW Perry and Henderson Highlights

Started by The_Iceman, May 03, 2017, 09:31:32 am

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Iceman

navyhog24

I know these kids haven't played any D1 ball yet, but they'll be a step ahead of other freshmen classes around with the chemistry they will already have had together.

lumphog

The_Bionic_Pig

The 2020 kids are phenomenal as well!
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

lumphog

Hawg Red

Quote from: lumphog on May 04, 2017, 04:14:47 pm
We got 5 schollys for 2020 ?

Lotta time between now and then but scheduled to have 3 spots open (Bailey, Hazen, Jones).

navyhog24

Quote from: Hawg Red on May 04, 2017, 04:25:12 pm
Lotta time between now and then but scheduled to have 3 spots open (Bailey, Hazen, Jones).

I'll be happy with Moody, Moore, and Doakes. After that, it's just icing on the cake

Pinto

Quote from: navyhog24 on May 04, 2017, 07:09:45 pm
I'll be happy with Moody, Moore, and Doakes. After that, it's just icing on the cake

DeVo is just as good as Doakes

hogwood

Wow. Didn't know Reggie had such good handles. He could just about play in the back court!

The_Iceman

Quote from: hogwood on May 04, 2017, 08:51:54 pm
Wow. Didn't know Reggie had such good handles. He could just about play in the back court!

He reminds me of a PF version of Joe Johnson.

Pinto

Quote from: The_Iceman on May 04, 2017, 09:40:54 pm
He reminds me of a PF version of Joe Johnson.

He reminds me of taller version of pre-injury Marshawn Powell.

The_Iceman

Pinto

Gafford will be a monster with proper training, nutrition and coaching.

nwahogfan1

Perry and Henderson are really smooth and athletic and love their length but it is really hard to see their mid range game because AAU ball is mostly up and down with lots of dunks.  I have not seen either in a true HS setting  but I know they must be really good because of their rankings. I can't wait for them to get here.

Unfortunately most 4 star and above BB players think they are ready for the next level in 2 years or less so there may be lots of openings in the 2020 class so who knows.

The_Iceman

The_Iceman

navyhog24

Man him and Gafford in the same lineup is gonna be scarey good. I hope Gafford stays 3 years so we can at least have 2 years of them together

AWHAWG

JUST STOP IT!!

I'm trying to focus on this year coming lol! Those kids are just outstanding. I love the way after the score or block they just turn and run back on defense or offense. Gotta love it!

Big Nasty 34

Quote from: navyhog24 on May 29, 2017, 10:32:13 am
Man him and Gafford in the same lineup is gonna be scarey good. I hope Gafford stays 3 years so we can at least have 2 years of them together

That's why we need another backup big to allow those 2 to play together. And Perry will be the one we have to worry about leaving early.

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: Big Nasty 34 on May 29, 2017, 11:59:42 am
That's why we need another backup big to allow those 2 to play together. And Perry will be the one we have to worry about leaving early.

Not true.  Gafford has NBA written all over him as well.

ShadowHawg

Quote from: Big Nasty 34 on May 29, 2017, 11:59:42 am

Henderson is another "big" that will be with them.

I am confident that the roster will be fine. The staff knows what they need.

Big Nasty 34

Quote from: ShadowHawg on May 29, 2017, 02:28:25 pm
Henderson is another "big" that will be with them.

I am confident that the roster will be fine. The staff knows what they need.

I don't think you want 190 lb Ethan Henderson as your 5 too often.

The_Iceman

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on May 29, 2017, 01:35:28 pm
Not true.  Gafford has NBA written all over him as well.

Not until he develops a jump shot.

Hawg Red

Quote from: The_Iceman on May 29, 2017, 08:48:37 pm

If he can defend laterally and rim-run, he's an NBA player. Plenty of dudes in the league that don't have much of a jumper. Andrew Bogut, Biyombo, Javale McGee, Dwight Howard, Cristiano Felicio, Tristan Thompson, etc. Now, the chances of him not developing a jump shot and being a significant NBA player are not high unless he's able to be an uber-energy guy like Thompson. He's got a 7'2 wingspan at 6'9-6'10. If he can defend the way NBA teams want, he can be an NBA player. Shooting definitely helps, though.

ShadowHawg

Quote from: Big Nasty 34 on May 29, 2017, 05:16:05 pm

We don't play a true 5 most of the time anyway. Most of our opponents don't either.

He has 2 years to add some weight.

The_Iceman

Quote from: Big Nasty 34 on May 29, 2017, 05:16:05 pm

He has time to add muscle. And like others have mentioned, most teams don't play traditional 5s anymore anyways. In a backup role, he'd be fine there if that's what we ended up doing.

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: Hawg Red on May 30, 2017, 09:06:29 am
If he can defend laterally and rim-run, he's an NBA player. Plenty of dudes in the league that don't have much of a jumper. Andrew Bogut, Biyombo, Javale McGee, Dwight Howard, Cristiano Felicio, Tristan Thompson, etc. Now, the chances of him not developing a jump shot and being a significant NBA player are not high unless he's able to be an uber-energy guy like Thompson. He's got a 7'2 wingspan at 6'9-6'10. If he can defend the way NBA teams want, he can be an NBA player. Shooting definitely helps, though.
Quote from: The_Iceman on May 29, 2017, 08:48:37 pm

A few thoughts on this.

1. Who knows if he has a jump shot, why would he even shoot that in high school.  I've seen him hit the mid range a little bit in high lights. 
2. I think he's actually 6'11" and then some. 
3.  Good comparisons, he reminds me most of Rudy Gobert. 

But yea, I'm sticking to it, with that height, length, and athletic ability, he has 1st round potential after year 1.

JayHog

All this future NBA talk and I'm still trying to figure out why he barely got any minutes for his HS Parkview team.  I barely even saw him play at all in the state championship game.

HardingHog

Quote from: JayHog on June 01, 2017, 01:34:57 am
All this future NBA talk and I'm still trying to figure out why he barely got any minutes for his HS Parkview team.  I barely even saw him play at all in the state championship game.

They're talking about NBA potential for Perry and Gafford, not Henderson

The_Iceman

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on May 31, 2017, 11:26:27 pm
A few thoughts on this.

1. Who knows if he has a jump shot, why would he even shoot that in high school.  I've seen him hit the mid range a little bit in high lights. 
2. I think he's actually 6'11" and then some. 
3.  Good comparisons, he reminds me most of Rudy Gobert. 

But yea, I'm sticking to it, with that height, length, and athletic ability, he has 1st round potential after year 1.

At the 2016 Nike basketball academy, Gafford measured in at 6'9.5" with shoes. He may have grown an inch since then. He had a 7'2" wingspan.

Gobert was 7'2", with a 7'9" winspan, and a 9'7" standing reach with a 30" vertical.

A better comparison for Gafford is someone we all know...Moses Kingsley.

navyhog24

Gafford is a more athletic Moses Kingsley and has a lot more potential if he puts in the time to work on his offensive skill set.

The_Iceman

Can Gafford be an NBA 1st round pick? Yes, but not after year one. He will need to add weight and strength, as well as develop his offensive game. He won't do all of that in one year.

navyhog24

Quote from: The_Iceman on June 01, 2017, 07:16:04 am
Can Gafford be an NBA 1st round pick? Yes, but not after year one. He will need to add weight and strength, as well as develop his offensive game. He won't do all of that in one year.

I agree. I think we've got him for at least 2 years. I'd love for him to stay 3 and hopefully be able to keep Perry for a second year. Our team would be loaded for a national championship run if that happened.

Hawg Red

Quote from: The_Iceman on June 01, 2017, 07:16:04 am

I would think 3 years for Gafford in terms of reaching that 1st round pick-type of level for the NBA.

Hawg Red

Quote from: navyhog24 on June 01, 2017, 07:27:47 am
I agree. I think we've got him for at least 2 years. I'd love for him to stay 3 and hopefully be able to keep Perry for a second year. Our team would be loaded for a national championship run if that happened.

Oh boy. Yeah, if the Hog are lucky enough to have a sophomore Reggie Perry + a junior Daniel Gafford......holy moly. With those surrounding pieces? Yikes.

The_Iceman

Quote from: Hawg Red on June 01, 2017, 08:43:02 am
Oh boy. Yeah, if the Hog are lucky enough to have a sophomore Reggie Perry + a junior Daniel Gafford......holy moly. With those surrounding pieces? Yikes.

That would be a top 10 caliber team. Then factor in having two solid PGs (Harris and Hill), two shooters (Joe and Jones), some solid wing options (Sills, Hall, Garland)....yeah, we will be very good.

Hawg Red

Quote from: The_Iceman on June 01, 2017, 09:05:24 am
That would be a top 10 caliber team. Then factor in having two solid PGs (Harris and Hill), two shooters (Joe and Jones), some solid wing options (Sills, Hall, Garland)....yeah, we will be very good.

The basketball cosmos owes a season like that. We've suffered enough to deserve it.

navyhog24

Quote from: Hawg Red on June 01, 2017, 09:18:22 am
The basketball cosmos owes a season like that. We've suffered enough to deserve it.

It'll be UNC in the championship game against us ;)

How fitting that would be

FineAsSwine

Quote from: navyhog24 on June 01, 2017, 09:26:19 am
It'll be UNC in the championship game against us ;)

How fitting that would be

Yeah but the refs tho.

The_Iceman

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Hawg Red on June 01, 2017, 08:41:57 am
I would think 3 years for Gafford in terms of reaching that 1st round pick-type of level for the NBA.
This^^^
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

Youngsta71701

Quote from: The_Iceman on May 03, 2017, 09:31:32 am

https://youtu.be/jDlUYjM4G4M
Reggie Perry has a Tim Duncan type of game. Mr. Fundamental. Hopefully he have can have a Tim Duncan type of career. Starting on The Hill. WooPig!! :razorback:
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

FineAsSwine

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on June 06, 2017, 10:14:03 am
Reggie Perry has a Tim Duncan type of game. Mr. Fundamental. Hopefully he have can have a Tim Duncan type of career. Starting on The Hill. WooPig!! :razorback:

He is looking like the best plug and play recruit we have had in a long time. Ready to go on offense and defense from day 1.

ShadowHawg

Perry is way more Chris Webber than Duncan.

The_Iceman

Quote from: ShadowHawg on June 06, 2017, 01:04:09 pm
Perry is way more Chris Webber than Duncan.

I still compare him to a PF-version of Joe Johnson. He's just so smooth.