Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas class of '19

Started by batmanfan, May 01, 2017, 03:25:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

batmanfan

Alright...we know about Hill and Franklin would be available as a JUCO that year. But who else in state should we watch that could be high major and receive an offer from Ark? Any bigs? I can't imagine we will have room for more than 2-3 guys in that class.
Images should not be any wider or taller than 250 pixels, max two images.  use  or  to accomplish this.  Total image width is allowed to be 500 pixels, maximum.  Maximum size of all signature images cannot exceed 100,000 total bytes.

Kevin McPherson

Quote from: batmanfan on May 01, 2017, 03:25:42 pm
Alright...we know about Hill and Franklin would be available as a JUCO that year. But who else in state should we watch that could be high major and receive an offer from Ark? Any bigs? I can't imagine we will have room for more than 2-3 guys in that class.

Aside from scholarship numbers and style fits, here are some sophomores to keep an eye on for mid- and high-major recruiting ...

* Isaac McBride, 6-1 combo guard, Baptist Prep / Team Penny ... holds an offer from Little Rock, being recruited by Creighton and other mid-majors ... strong and skilled, a scorer lacking in facilitating skill at this time.

* Tylor Perry, 5-11 PG, Springdale Har-Ber / MoKan Elite ... true PG who is a mid-major talent now and possible high-major.

* Tim Caesar, 6-7 forward, Marion ... attended Hogs' elite camp last summer ... did not have a solid sophomore season and quit the team, but reportedly re-joined after the season ... one to keep an eye on.

* Collin Moore, 6-3 wing, NLR / Wings Elite 16U ... big piece to the Charging Wildcats' 7A-Central title and scored 19 pts to lead them in a 1-pt loss to FSNorthside in the 7A state title game ... won the dunk contest at Nike Elite 80 camp in Dallas in October, and stood out as a player there, too.

* Shawn Fudge, 6-3 SF, NLR / ARHawks 16U ... also a big part of NLR's success last season ... scored 21 pts in a game this wknd at Adidas Gauntlet with CMA and TJ looking on.

* Cole Anderson, 6-8 PF, SWChristian Academy by way of Magnet Cove / Wings Elite 16U ... transferred around the holidays to the SCA hoops factory and obviously did not crack the rotation as a sophomore playing on a talented roster of seniors and juniors, but I could tell how much stronger and better he got playing against those guys over the past 4 months. Definite mid-major prospect w/high-major potential.

* Kyle Moore, 6-5 forward, Jonesboro ... explosive and has good length, needs skill development.

* Airion Simmons, 6-4 forward, Parkview / ARHawks 16U ... big frame (looks like a DE or TE), solid skill and high Bball IQ, mobility and agility are question marks.

batmanfan

Images should not be any wider or taller than 250 pixels, max two images.  use  or  to accomplish this.  Total image width is allowed to be 500 pixels, maximum.  Maximum size of all signature images cannot exceed 100,000 total bytes.

hhicNaychaBoi

Quote from: HOGdayafternoon on May 01, 2017, 03:44:53 pm
Aside from scholarship numbers and style fits, here are some sophomores to keep an eye on for mid- and high-major recruiting ...

* Isaac McBride, 6-1 combo guard, Baptist Prep / Team Penny ... holds an offer from Little Rock, being recruited by Creighton and other mid-majors ... strong and skilled, a scorer lacking in facilitating skill at this time.

* Tylor Perry, 5-11 PG, Springdale Har-Ber / MoKan Elite ... true PG who is a mid-major talent now and possible high-major.

* Tim Caesar, 6-7 forward, Marion ... attended Hogs' elite camp last summer ... did not have a solid sophomore season and quit the team, but reportedly re-joined after the season ... one to keep an eye on.

* Collin Moore, 6-3 wing, NLR / Wings Elite 16U ... big piece to the Charging Wildcats' 7A-Central title and scored 19 pts to lead them in a 1-pt loss to FSNorthside in the 7A state title game ... won the dunk contest at Nike Elite 80 camp in Dallas in October, and stood out as a player there, too.

* Shawn Fudge, 6-3 SF, NLR / ARHawks 16U ... also a big part of NLR's success last season ... scored 21 pts in a game this wknd at Adidas Gauntlet with CMA and TJ looking on.

* Cole Anderson, 6-8 PF, SWChristian Academy by way of Magnet Cove / Wings Elite 16U ... transferred around the holidays to the SCA hoops factory and obviously did not crack the rotation as a sophomore playing on a talented roster of seniors and juniors, but I could tell how much stronger and better he got playing against those guys over the past 4 months. Definite mid-major prospect w/high-major potential.

* Kyle Moore, 6-5 forward, Jonesboro ... explosive and has good length, needs skill development.

* Airion Simmons, 6-4 forward, Parkview / ARHawks 16U ... big frame (looks like a DE or TE), solid skill and high Bball IQ, mobility and agility are question marks.
Kyle Moore is my nephew and I would love to see him in a hog jersey.

Hawg Red

Solid talent but it sounds like a good year for the Hogs to not have any spots to fill, IMO. No sure-fire high-major players, it appears. It'd have been awful for 2018 or 2020 to have been the year we didn't have any spots available.