Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What Prospects Visited the Hill over the Weekend? Hear from Richard Davenport

Started by Drew Amman, April 30, 2017, 08:31:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Drew Amman

Birminghog

Lol'd at Darrell Simpson being afraid of the heights and the gorges under the bridges. Over 35 years ago I taught at Simpson's high school, Northwest, and lived in Justin. It's prairie there, between Ft. Worth and Denton. Flat and not very pretty. I'm sure that the beauty of NWA was impressive. Hope we get him. That would be cool.

Justin only has about 3,300 people - had 900 when I lived there. Northwest is essentially a consolidated school, located somewhat centrally between 5 small towns, each one with its own elementary school. The school is MUCH bigger than when I was there. At that time, the school was 7-12. They built a new 9-12 school and refurbed the old high school as a middle school. Good kids there with small town values - yessir-nosir, do your chores, etc. Hope he's an uncommon kid.

hawginbigd1

Biggest impact weather had on the Football weekend maybe the loss of some wow factor in recruiting. Will never know how big though.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on April 30, 2017, 09:32:26 pm
Biggest impact weather had on the Football weekend maybe the loss of some wow factor in recruiting. Will never know how big though.
i think it actually helped. the recruits got more attention, the closeness of it all was prefered from a recruiting standpoint. But you are right, we'll never know. I guess if a bunch of these dudes commit, then maybe I'll claim I was right lol.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Richard Davenport

Quote from: Birminghog on April 30, 2017, 09:28:23 pm
Lol'd at Darrell Simpson being afraid of the heights and the gorges under the bridges. Over 35 years ago I taught at Simpson's high school, Northwest, and lived in Justin. It's prairie there, between Ft. Worth and Denton. Flat and not very pretty. I'm sure that the beauty of NWA was impressive. Hope we get him. That would be cool.

Justin only has about 3,300 people - had 900 when I lived there. Northwest is essentially a consolidated school, located somewhat centrally between 5 small towns, each one with its own elementary school. The school is MUCH bigger than when I was there. At that time, the school was 7-12. They built a new 9-12 school and refurbed the old high school as a middle school. Good kids there with small town values - yessir-nosir, do your chores, etc. Hope he's an uncommon kid.

The mountains also had DaShaun White's mom nervous. The hills were definitely new to several of te kids and their families.

tusksincolorado

Quote from: Richard Davenport on May 01, 2017, 12:38:22 pm
The mountains also had DeShaun White's mom nervous. The hills were definitely new to several of te kids and their families.

Well then we know that they will not be taking recruiting trips to the University of Colorado.... 8) ;)
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!