Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

are we done with 2017 recruiting?

Started by nwahogfan1, April 29, 2017, 10:03:11 am

Previous topic - Next topic

nwahogfan1

I would love to get a serviceable 6'8+ athletic big man who wants to play down low. We have way to many combo 4's who are more 3 than 4 and would drether play 15 foot out.

King Kong

elvis26

;D I believe we will sign 1 more player for 2017!!!!!!!!!

FineAsSwine

HardingHog

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on April 29, 2017, 10:03:11 am
I would love to get a serviceable 6'8+ athletic big man who wants to play down low. We have way to many combo 4's who are more 3 than 4 and would drether play 15 foot out.

Ok, you're trolling at this point. There's no other option... unless you suffer from incredible memory loss. That's about the only real possibility

Big Nasty 34

Quote from: HardingHog on April 29, 2017, 11:05:21 pm
Ok, you're trolling at this point. There's no other option... unless you suffer from incredible memory loss. That's about the only real possibility

He needs to just put his spiel in his signature and post a blank message. Would save a lot of time lol.

hogwood

I bet at least 80% of your 2,622 posts are talking about a 6'8"+, 240lb big man.

But yes, we do need one - or rather we could use one...

nwahogfan1

Quote from: hogwood on April 30, 2017, 09:50:58 pm
I bet at least 80% of your 2,622 posts are talking about a 6'8"+, 240lb big man.

But yes, we do need one - or rather we could use one...

Totally agree with you.  I have been beating the message of needing a complete team needing big men because I think bigs are needed to consistently beating top 25 teams.  How many top 25 teams did we beat this year?   I want our program to be feared again.  To get there we need true PGs and true PFs.  Glad Mike went after a PG.  Now please go after more true big men.

Sorry for over stating my point but I hope you hear my frustration.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on May 01, 2017, 09:21:46 am
Totally agree with you.  I have been beating the message of needing a complete team needing big men because I think bigs are needed to consistently beating top 25 teams.  How many top 25 teams did we beat this year?   I want our program to be feared again.  To get there we need true PGs and true PFs.  Glad Mike went after a PG.  Now please go after more true big men.

You can stop beating the drum. Trey Thompson is 6'9" and 260 pounds. Plenty of beef for when we need it but what we usually do is run the other teams bigs until their tongues are hanging out.

psooie

Bring in Caleb stokes for 2018 along with a SF.

The Hogfather

Quote from: FineAsSwine on May 01, 2017, 09:26:34 am
You can stop beating the drum. Trey Thompson is 6'9" and 260 pounds. Plenty of beef for when we need it but what we usually do is run the other teams bigs until their tongues are hanging out.

He's not beating the drum, he's beating the message.  Totally different.

NWAHog479

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on April 29, 2017, 10:03:11 am

Brachen Hazen...

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: NWAHog479 on May 01, 2017, 01:17:06 pm
Brachen Hazen...

You may have missed his 240+ requirement he normally puts in his posts

hogwood

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on May 01, 2017, 09:21:46 am

Oh I agree no doubt. Just a little redundant. Also these kinds of bodies out of HS are pretty rare, especially these days as the combo forward reigns and the prototypical PF is in decline. But as said before we do have TT and we also have 6'11" Gafford who will put on some weight and then after that we have 6'10" Perry who has a good frame for adding weight and muscle. I think if we can add a 6'8"+ kid to the 2018 class we will be golden. But don't forget that we already have Hazen at 6'8", though he won't be a bruiser PF type, he could add some weight and muscle and play more at a post type position at least on D.

Hawg Red

Quote from: Rock City Razorback on May 04, 2017, 10:41:59 am
So if Macon leaves, which it looks like he is, are we going to roll the scholarship over to next year or take someone like Osabuohien?

Will be interesting to see. There does not appear to be any 2017 recruiting activity and couldn't they have put Glasper on scholarship for a year? I don't know. We'll see what happens. If they're going to add someone, they need to look a big men. We got a guard transfer and we have young players to fill those backcourt minutes in the immediate and long-term. What we don't have is any size depth after this coming season when Trey leaves. We'd be really undersized if we don't add a big body or two in the 6'9-6'10+ range. I still like Mladen Armus, just sayin'....

nwahogfan1

Quote from: Hawg Red on May 04, 2017, 10:47:37 am
Will be interesting to see. There does not appear to be any 2017 recruiting activity and couldn't they have put Glasper on scholarship for a year? I don't know. We'll see what happens. If they're going to add someone, they need to look a big men. We got a guard transfer and we have young players to fill those backcourt minutes in the immediate and long-term. What we don't have is any size depth after this coming season when Trey leaves. We'd be really undersized if we don't add a big body or two in the 6'9-6'10+ range. I still like Mladen Armus, just sayin'....

Great post     Thank you.

Hawg Red

Quote from: Rock City Razorback on May 04, 2017, 12:01:05 pm
Yea I agree. I wouldn't mind either of those. Would have liked to keep Glasper, but not sure worth using a scholarship on. Osabuohien is a better system fit, but we're adding Perry and Henderson next year that have similar body types. I know Gabe and Armus are both about to go DI, but our coaches have been to see these guys and it appears they're passing. It may be on the down low or have an offer contingent on if Macon leaves or not, but you gotta feel like the staff knows what Macon is doing by now...

I'm hoping they do and that's why there is no recruiting activity.

redleg

Now that we know Macon and Barford are coming back, has recruiting for the 2017 class ended?
:razorback:
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

Hawg Red

Quote from: redleg on May 16, 2017, 11:16:01 am
Now that we know Macon and Barford are coming back, has recruiting for the 2017 class ended?
:razorback:

We can assume so since there have been no scholarship transfers. Great late period for the Hogs.

The Hogfather

Quote from: Hawg Red on May 16, 2017, 12:01:05 pm
We can assume so since there have been no scholarship transfers. Great late period for the Hogs.

Perfect ending, in my mind!  Hope Gafford is ok.

skinnypig

navyhog24

Maybe we can get Rodgerick Brown since he has reclassified.

ADavisTheGOAT

Quote from: navyhog24 on May 22, 2017, 01:21:39 pm
Interesting
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

Hawg Red

Man, I thought maybe one time we'd get through an offseason without losing someone. Definitely not complaining considering it was a non-contributor (and figured to stay that way), but still.

NWAHog479

Wish we could have given this scholarship to Czar Perry

Hawg Red

Quote from: NWAHog479 on May 22, 2017, 01:54:03 pm
Wish we could have given this scholarship to Czar Perry

He could have had it (I guess) if he had stuck to his plan of going to prep school instead of jumping on a low-major offer from a Southland school.

JayHog

May 22, 2017, 03:52:52 pm #26 Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 06:12:35 pm by JayHog
Quote from: Hawg Red on May 22, 2017, 02:00:15 pm
He could have had it (I guess) if he had stuck to his plan of going to prep school instead of jumping on a low-major offer from a Southland school.

He got his points... but did you see how many shots he took to get them?  He had one of the best players in the nation down low and he often wouldn't even look to pass to him.  His efficiency rating has to be pretty low. I'll pass

Hawg Red

Quote from: JayHog on May 22, 2017, 03:52:52 pm
He got his points... but did you see how many shots he took to get them?  He had one of the best players in the nation down low and he often wouldn't even look to at all for a pass. His efficiency rating has to be pretty low. I'll pass

I was never a big fan, either, though I was pretty turned off by the "Kentucky is my dream school" thing.

Kevin McPherson

Quote from: navyhog24 on May 22, 2017, 01:21:39 pm

FYI: Rodgerick Brown has not reclassified, at least not yet.

Scott7703

Quote from: HOGdayafternoon on May 22, 2017, 04:28:18 pm
FYI: Rodgerick Brown has not reclassified, at least not yet.

If all goes as planned it is a done deal that he is reclassifying.

Kevin McPherson

Quote from: Scott7703 on May 22, 2017, 08:54:09 pm

If all goes as planned it is a done deal that he is reclassifying.

According to who?

mhuff

Kevin McPherson

Quote from: mhuff on June 06, 2017, 05:18:54 pm
OK so where's he going?

Everything is still up in the air. Classification is still not resolved, and he has added Iowa State and New Mexico to the plethora of mid-major offers he got in May.

mhuff

Guess I need to work on reading comprehension. Sounded like he was committed to two schools.