Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ian Steere

Started by Kevin McPherson, April 19, 2017, 11:42:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HardingHog

*sees Ian Steere*

*nwahog begins feverishly sweating and panting with tongue out, salivating uncontrollably*

Hehe I kid I kid

But more seriously, Kevin, how would you compare these 2 players to others that are committed/we're looking at? Being a 6'9 PF what's his skill set compared to Henderson or Perry (but especially Henderson)

Kevin McPherson

Quote from: HardingHog on April 25, 2017, 04:32:05 pm
*sees Ian Steele*

*nwahog begins feverishly sweating and panting with tongue out, salivating uncontrollably*

Hehe I kid I kid

But more seriously, Kevin, how would you compare these 2 players to others that are committed/we're looking at? Being a 6'9 PF what's his skill set compared to Henderson or Perry (but especially Henderson)

I like Ian Steere's game. Big kid with good finishing skill around the basket ... he's quicker than he looks like he'd be, and light off his feet relative to his measurables. Looks like he'd be a good complement to Perry. Bigger and stronger than Henderson, but both are interior players ... skill edge to Steere.

Razorod

Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

Kevin McPherson

Quote from: Razorod on April 27, 2017, 06:37:50 am
Wouldn't get my hopes up with Ian Steere.

No doubt. I like his game, though. And, he's a very nice and respectful young man. He's picking up some big-time attention in recruiting.

NWAHog479

So where does this put us with Rod Brown? Haven't heard much on him and people keep mentioning "off-court" issues but have not presented any evidence of this

navyhog24

So a true 4 and a combo 3/4 will be what we'll be primarily recruiting for the last two spots of the 18 class?

King Kong

Also received an offer from Kansas today as well

RaisinHog

Quote from: King Kong on May 01, 2017, 08:04:49 pm
Also received an offer from Kansas today as well

Well that was fun while it lasted lmao :) go hogs

hogwood

What a great prospect. Even now he is kind of under the radar even though he is getting big offers. If we make an impression early and we get him to take a summer visit I would say we have a shot.

Hawg Red

Recent recruiting activity would indicate that the staff is focused on a wing forward and a PF for the remaining 2018 spots. Hopefully this means they feel really good about what Jalen Harris can do. Excited to watch the frontcourt-heavy recruiting that's about to unfold in the coming months!

RacinRazorback

Quote from: RaisinHog on May 02, 2017, 12:04:28 am
Well that was fun while it lasted lmao :) go hogs

Hopefully we can figure out a way to get some of these recruits to come our way! To this point it doesn't appear we have been able to even against schools that aren't KU, UK, NC, Duke and those type schools.

NWAHog479

He seems pretty pumped about our offer, but yeah tough to compete with the KU's of the world...

NoogaHog

Слава Богу - Slava Bogu - "Glory to God"

FineAsSwine

I'm starting to have a mild dislike for Kansas, sorta like the feeling I have after I get mildly warm fries at the drive through to go with my wilted lettuce and soggy bun burger.

First they start in on Malik, now they plan to steal Steere. We laid a claim first now go on. Git!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjBoDBtfcUc

Kevin McPherson

Ian Steere is a beast, can see why so many big-time offers are rolling in ... put this guy with Gafford, Perry, and Henderson, and Hogs easily -- that's right, easily -- have their best frontline ever.

http://www.courtsidefilms.com/news_article/show/786135?referrer_id=1156386

https://twitter.com/ARHoopScoop/status/859589759320162305

https://twitter.com/ARHoopScoop/status/859591370918563840

NWAHog479

This guy would give Ethan Henderson nightmares

hogwood

Quote from: HOGdayafternoon on May 02, 2017, 09:16:02 pm
Ian Steere is a beast, can see why so many big-time offers are rolling in ... put this guy with Gafford, Perry, and Henderson, and Hogs easily -- that's right, easily -- have their best frontline ever.

http://www.courtsidefilms.com/news_article/show/786135?referrer_id=1156386

https://twitter.com/ARHoopScoop/status/859589759320162305

https://twitter.com/ARHoopScoop/status/859591370918563840

That's the 2019-20 national champ front line right there!

Pinto

Ethan isn't versatile enough to play on the wing

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: FineAsSwine on May 02, 2017, 11:53:24 am
I'm starting to have a mild dislike for Kansas, sorta like the feeling I have after I get mildly warm fries at the drive through to go with my wilted lettuce and soggy bun burger.

First they start in on Malik, now they plan to steal Steere. We laid a claim first now go on. Git!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjBoDBtfcUc

Underrated commercial
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on May 04, 2017, 10:41:09 pm
Underrated commercial

Very much so. Wife and I riff off of it all the time. She's always telling me to git

Kevin McPherson

Pig in the Pokey

okay... First time I've watched his tape. Holy crap, this kid has some "Big Nasty" in him. This is the kind of dude Larry Johnson was talking about when he said we need to get "some men".
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Kevin McPherson

Kevin McPherson

NWAHog479

Kevin McPherson

Kevin McPherson

FineAsSwine

Quote from: HOGdayafternoon on May 24, 2017, 11:16:28 pm
https://twitter.com/iansteere25/status/867518572121260032

I like that he is keeping tabs on what is going on with the team. Hope his parents get to come with him on the visit because that would greatly increase our chances. CMA and CMW are really good with the parents, once they see how much the coaches are invested in seeing their son succeed academically.

This kid is a critical piece of the puzzle. We need him, or someone like him to help us take control of the SEC and choke out Kitties until they turn blue(r).

nwahogfan1

Quote from: FineAsSwine on May 25, 2017, 09:15:39 am
I like that he is keeping tabs on what is going on with the team. Hope his parents get to come with him on the visit because that would greatly increase our chances. CMA and CMW are really good with the parents, once they see how much the coaches are invested in seeing their son succeed academically.

This kid is a critical piece of the puzzle. We need him, or someone like him to help us take control of the SEC and choke out Kitties until they turn blue(r).

I agree on all your points. To move up into the top 15 we need to get bigger in the middle.

The_Iceman

Quote from: FineAsSwine on May 25, 2017, 09:15:39 am

Would love to have Gafford and Steere as our Center combination in 2018.

batmanfan

Guessing there is a Steer/Gabe connection somewhere? That would be nice.
Images should not be any wider or taller than 250 pixels, max two images.  use  or  to accomplish this.  Total image width is allowed to be 500 pixels, maximum.  Maximum size of all signature images cannot exceed 100,000 total bytes.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: The_Iceman on May 25, 2017, 09:30:02 am
Would love to have Gafford and Steere as our Center combination in 2018.

Could potentially be our best one two punch at the 5 since Darnell and Lee? Adding Steere would be awesome but now that we have Gabe, Hall, Jones and Garland, do we really need another wing? What do we do with the other scholly if we add Steere?

Kevin McPherson

Quote from: FineAsSwine on May 25, 2017, 09:52:44 am
Could potentially be our best one two punch at the 5 since Darnell and Lee? Adding Steere would be awesome but now that we have Gabe, Hall, Jones and Garland, do we really need another wing? What do we do with the other scholly if we add Steere?

I think DJ Weaver would be a complementary piece. At 6-7, he's a better shooter than any 3 or 4 that Hogs have, plus his court IQ is really, really good. His minutes picked up (basically doubled) with the Hawks in Memphis two weeks ago, I was there, and I can tell you he was impacting close games at both ends with buckets, rebounds, and blocks.

I think Gabe will be more of a combo-4 (same as Bailey), while Hall is a 3 all day every day. Garland will be utility guy = 1, 2, and 3.

So, if you could get Weaver and Steere, that would be a fantastic finish.

2018-19 Lineup would be ...

* Adrio Bailey, junior, 6-6 combo-4
* C.J. Jones, junior, 6-5 SG/wing
* Jalen Harris, 3rd-year sophomore, 6-2 PG
* Daniel Gafford, sophomore, 6-11 C
* Khalil Garland, sophomore, 6-5 combo guard
* Darious Hall, sophomore, 6-6 SF/wing
* Gabe Osabuohien, sophomore, 6-8 combo-4
* Reggie Perry, freshman, 6-9 combo-4
* Ethan Henderson, freshman, 6-8 PF/C
* Isaiah Joe, freshman, 6-4 SG/wing
* Desi Sills, freshman, 6-1 combo guard
* DJ Weaver, freshman, 6-7 SF/wing
* Ian Steere, freshman, 6-9 PF/C

Lots of size, length, athleticism, and flexibility with that roster: Harris is your lead PG; Sills and Garland can help there but can also play the 2 (or 3 in Garland's case); Jones and Joe at the 2; Hall and Weaver at the 3; Perry, Bailey, Osabuohien as combo-4s; Henderson and Steere interchangeable at the 4 and 5; Gafford at the 5.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: HOGdayafternoon on May 25, 2017, 11:00:08 am
I think DJ Weaver would be a complementary piece. At 6-7, he's a better shooter than any 3 or 4 that Hogs have, plus his court IQ is really, really good. His minutes picked up (basically doubled) with the Hawks in Memphis two weeks ago, I was there, and I can tell you he was impacting close games at both ends with buckets, rebounds, and blocks.

I think Gabe will be more of a combo-4 (same as Bailey), while Hall is a 3 all day every day. Garland will be utility guy = 1, 2, and 3.

Lots of size, length, athleticism, and flexibility with that roster: Harris is your lead PG; Sills and Garland can help there but can also play the 2 (or 3 in Garland's case); Jones and Joe at the 2; Hall and Weaver at the 3; Perry, Bailey, Osabuohien as combo-4s; Henderson and Steere interchangeable at the 4 and 5; Gafford at the 5.

A team like that could win a championship.

navyhog24

Quote from: HOGdayafternoon on May 25, 2017, 11:00:08 am

I just creamed my pants a little at the thought of that lineup.

A lot of it already true minus Steere. I believe Weaver will be a Hog. We really need one more true 4/5 banger type and PG/CG. The latter being Justice Hill. So all we need is Steere or another of his type and we're set.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: batmanfan on May 25, 2017, 09:30:10 am
Guessing there is a Steer/Gabe connection somewhere? That would be nice.

Yeah, thought that interesting that he tweeted Gabe....

klp1

Gabe played for Team Loaded (NC) for a couple of summers .... They played against each other

Pork Twain

Quote from: navyhog24 on May 25, 2017, 11:26:39 am
I just creamed my pants a little at the thought of that lineup.

Well you are Navy, and they are all male, so there's that...
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

FineAsSwine

Hope we are looking at a few other good options. Probably gonna need a plan B.  ::)

King Kong

Quote from: FineAsSwine on May 31, 2017, 07:53:09 am
Hope we are looking at a few other good options. Probably gonna need a plan B.  ::)

Always been a long shot

Dominicanhog