Previous topic - Next topic

lakecityhog

Arkansas          Auburn            Miss St             LSU
      @Auburn            Arkansas            Bama           @ Kentucky 
      Ole Miss             @Miss St           Auburn             @Bama
      @Tenn                Bama              @ATM                USCe
     Vandy                 @LSU             @Georgia           Auburn
     @ATM                  Ole Miss            LSU               @Miss St

Who has the easier path? Who has the hardest path?

jry04

It looks like MSU does, although they still have to play LSU. At this point, they should sweep Bama and UGA. I personally think we go no worse than 9-6 and no better than 11-4. We need to root for South Carolina today. MSU being a game behind would essentially mean they are 2 behind since we hold the tie breaker.

Wisco Pig

Quote from: jry04 on April 16, 2017, 09:13:56 am
It looks like MSU does, although they still have to play LSU. At this point, they should sweep Bama and UGA. I personally think we go no worse than 9-6 and no better than 11-4. We need to root for South Carolina today. MSU being a game behind would essentially mean they are 2 behind since we hold the tie breaker.

As usual, I agree with you.   MSU certainly seems to have the easiest draw of the four teams listed.   I can't see a team that obviously has the most difficult remaining schedule.   Arkansas could put itself in pretty good shape with a series win over Auburn next weekend.

jry04

Quote from: Wisco Pig on April 16, 2017, 09:26:34 am
As usual, I agree with you.   MSU certainly seems to have the easiest draw of the four teams listed.   I can't see a team that obviously has the most difficult remaining schedule.   Arkansas could put itself in pretty good shape with a series win over Auburn next weekend.
As much as I would love to win the west, hosting is what I want the most. The good news in the hosting picture is USC is going the wrong way, and Missouri could win the series v UK today. I think the SEC gets 4 hosts. If we win the series next week over Auburn, then it looks like UF, LSU, MSU, and Arkansas would be on track to be those 4 teams. USC has lost 3 straight series, Vandy has lost 3 already, and Missouri winning would give UK a second consecutive series loss. Next week may be the biggest weekend of our remaining season because it allows us to give ourselves distance between another west contender, and another potential SEC regional host, and Auburn's schedule only gets tougher after our series.

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

HogFansReunited

MSU is the easiest, then LSU, followed by Arkansas, and Auburn is the hardest.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

SPAL

BigBrandonAllenFan

Quote from: jry04 on April 16, 2017, 09:36:56 am
As much as I would love to win the west, hosting is what I want the most.
The Hogs have a simple formula to land a national seed. Win the last 5 SEC series. With a 9-1 mark it'll be near impossible to deny Arkansas the national seed.

SPAL

Quote from: BigBrandonAllenFan on April 16, 2017, 12:53:02 pm
The Hogs have a simple formula to land a national seed. Win the last 5 SEC series. With a 9-1 mark it'll be near impossible to deny Arkansas the national seed.

Well, you would think that. What will hurt us most is our SOS. It's in the 60's right now.

The good news is Bryant seems to be rolling and we have several teams on the cusp of the top 50 that we've beaten.

The other point is that teams like Florida and LSU could seemingly lose the rest of the series' they play and still host.

Kevin

that is what is really disappointing about the lsu Saturday, blow up. win that game, you own of series over them.
just win, get to 38 & above wins, I believe we will host
18 games left, 9-9, gets to 38 before hoover.
should be enough
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

YtownHog

I could see us, Auburn and LSU going 8-7 and MSU going 10-5. Agree with what was said by someone previously, really need USCe to win today and my prediction to be wrong, hah.

TNhawgfan

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on April 16, 2017, 12:17:38 pm
I think LSU has the hardest.
spal is right. Who would want to go to Kentucky and to Mississippi State the way those two teams are playing? Plus, they have Auburn and USC at home...that's brutal
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

philiphog

I'm also keeping an eye on ATM. They've only lost 3 more games than us and their remaining schedule is very favorable.

Tennessee
@Missouri
Miss St
@Ole Miss
Arkansas

BigBrandonAllenFan

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on April 16, 2017, 01:25:26 pm

The other point is that teams like Florida and LSU could seemingly lose the rest of the series' they play and still host.

No lie. The annual bias is obvious and atrocious. Same for South Carolina.

lakecityhog

I actually think Auburn has the hardest path with us, Miss St and LSU still on the schedule. Plus they still have to play Bama and regardless of records that is always a dogfight!

And, truthfully if you look at our schedule we only have 1 series with 1 of the top 5 in the West left and only Tenn and Vandy from the East. If we can manage to lose only 1 of our remaining series we should be in GREAT shape.

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on April 16, 2017, 12:17:38 pm
I think LSU has the hardest.
exactly this ^^^...our roadies at Knoxville will determine whether or not we win the West...need to go 3-0 there
The long Grey line will never fail our country.