Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

pitching battle going on at Bogle!

Started by flippinhogmana, April 15, 2017, 01:46:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

flippinhogmana

Caroline Hedgcock has emerged and taking up where she left off with Tulsa.  Right now through three innings she has a perfect game going again.  But then so does the Aggie pitcher.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

flippinhogmana

there goes the perfect game, she walks the first batter in the top of the fourth and then wild pitches her to second.
next batter gets behind 1-2 and grounds to second but the runner makes it to third with one out.
third batter gets behind 0-2, 1-2, and then strikes out swinging, two down and CH has a chance to work out of this without giving up a run,
fourth batter gets behind 0-1, and lines out to second!  Way to go CH

I should correct the record, the Aggie pitcher doesn't have a perfect game going either.  She hasn't walked anyone or given up a hit, but the aggies have given up an error behind her.  The hogs have left one on and now so have the aggies 0-0 going to the bottom of the 4th.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

flippinhogmana

Autumn Russell leads off with the first hit of the game, a bunt single
Ashley Diaz bunts her to second, one down, runner on second.
Belans singles her home and the hogs have the lead 1-0 (and takes second on the throw home!
Cooper grounds out but Beringhele running for Belans takes 3rd with two down
Nicole Schroeder works a 1-1 count, then 1-2, and then is out.  1-0 hogs to the top of the 5th.
Snow the Aggie pitcher is 13-2 on the year btw.

flippinhogmana

Hogs have now left two on base
1st batter gets ahead 1-0, then flies out to Nicole on the next pitch
2nd batter grounds out to Yani at second on the first pitch
3rd batter (Snow the pitcher) gets ahead 1-0, 2-0, then pops up to a busy Yani at second, 1-0 hogs to the bottom of the fifth.

flippinhogmana

Krzysko up, works a 1-1 count, 2-1, and singles on the next pitch to left, runner on first no outs
Yani sacrifices her to second, with one down,
Bugarin gets behind 0-2, then strikes out swinging, runner still at second with two down now,
Hiers works a 1-1 count, 2-1, then pops to ss.  1-0 hogs to the top of the 6th.

flippinhogmana

1st Aggie batter gets behind 0-1, 0-2, and then singles to rf, (on and 0-2 pitch) one on nobody out
2nd batter also gets behind 0-2, but gets an infield hit, two on now and nobody out (at first and second)
3rd batter is their leadoff hitter, their best hitter, reaches on an error by Schroeder
bases loaded nobody out,
4th batter will face autumn storms-CH deserved a lot better than this, but she also let some of it happen herself, Nicole's error certainly didnt help though, neither did Belans not being able to make the play before it.
4th batter gets behind 1-2, now 2-2, and strikes out swinging, one down bases still loaded
5th batter gets behind 0-1, 1-2, then hits to Yani who boots it, and the Aggs tie it up 1-1, bases still loaded, but the second runner trying to score is out at home, two down, two on,
6th batter gets behind 1-2, and storms gets the out and we go to the bottom of the 6th 1-1

flippinhogmana

it doesn't help when we give them six outs in an inning, still a lot of grit for storms to limit it to one with all that
Autumn Russell up for the hogs, grounds out to ss on first pitch
Diaz works a 1-1 count, 2-2, and then strikes out looking,
Belans works a 2-1 count, 2-2, 3-2, and reaches on a fielding error by the ss
Cooper gets ahead 1-0, 2-0, 3-0, and walks on four pitches, Belans to 2nd, two down, they have been working around her just a bit to get to Nicole who is anything but hot in SEC play,
Nicole gets behind 0-1, 0-2, then strikes out looking, to the top of the 7th 1-1

flippinhogmana

storms back on the mound
1st batter gets ahead 1-0, then lines out to storms, one down
2nd batter is the pitcher Show (0-2) gets behind 1-2, 2-2, and then singles up the middle,
3rd batter gets behind 0-2, then reaches on a fielding error on 3rd, two on (1st and 2nd), one down
4th batter works a 1-1 count, then gets an infield single, bases loaded with one out
5th batter gets behind 0-1, 0-2, and then strikes out looking, two down bases still loaded
6th batter works a 1-1 count, 2-1, 2-2, singles, two runs score, 3-1 AGs, still two on (2nd, 3rd), w/2 out
7th batter grounds out to stomrs, to the bottom of the 7th hogs down 3-1

flippinhogmana

Hog pitchers have given up one BBs and only 3 hits, and zero earned runs.
Krzysko up gets ahead 1-0, thens pops out to ss, one down
Yani gets ahead 2-1, 2-2, 3-2, Yani doubles to cf and scores on a throwing error!  2-3 hogs with one down,
Bugarin is pinch hit for by Pocklington, who works a 1-1 count, 1-2, and is hit by the pitch, one on, one out for Hiers falls behind 0-1, 0-2, and strikes out swinging
Russell with one of the hogs hits (a bunt single) steps in with two down and a runner on first, gets behind 0-1, 1-1, 1-2, and strikes out swinging to end it.  Tough loss, another for storms.  neither pitcher deserved the lack of support in the field.  But the hogs never quit fighting.

beringer62

So close to being a really good squad against top notch competition!

flippinhogmana

Quote from: beringer62 on April 15, 2017, 04:09:11 pm
So close to being a really good squad against top notch competition!

agreed

hawg1221

I hope the team keeps the right frame of mind and doesn't get down on themselves. The SEC is tough and not an accurate measuring stick of how they compare nationally. In many other conferences they would be near the top of the rankings.

flippinhogmana

Quote from: hawg1221 on April 15, 2017, 04:53:40 pm
I hope the team keeps the right frame of mind and doesn't get down on themselves. The SEC is tough and not an accurate measuring stick of how they compare nationally. In many other conferences they would be near the top of the rankings.

the good news is that a lot of the key players are either freshmen or transfers.  I think next year will be a difference maker-that is not to say that this year may not yet prove to be.  If Nicole Schroeder starts hitting again and Storms and Hedgcock keep bringing it, if they make the NCAA tournament they could yet surprise.

psycHOGlogist

Quote from: flippinhogmana on April 15, 2017, 02:36:56 pm
it doesn't help when we give them six outs in an inning,

PREEEEEEEAAACCHHH! So frustrating. No reason for these defensive lapses apart from not having been in high pressure games before. I hope we will learn from this and come out better tomorrow. Tough one today. Thanks for the updates, flippin!

flippinhogmana

Quote from: psycHOGlogist on April 15, 2017, 07:34:04 pm

PREEEEEEEAAACCHHH! So frustrating. No reason for these defensive lapses apart from not having been in high pressure games before. I hope we will learn from this and come out better tomorrow. Tough one today. Thanks for the updates, flippin!

my pleasure