Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Latest from '18 Hog offer / 4* Rodgerick Brown of Cordova, TN ...

Started by Kevin McPherson, April 12, 2017, 05:06:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ShadowHawg

Love all the updates. It's fun keeping up with recruiting with you on top of it.

NWAHog479

I saw that he is thinking about re-classifying to 2017, what does this mean for us?

FineAsSwine

Quote from: NWAHog479 on May 04, 2017, 09:55:11 am
I saw that he is thinking about re-classifying to 2017, what does this mean for us?

That Macon is leaving? That's the only thing most on here will deduce from it.

Hawg Red

Quote from: FineAsSwine on May 04, 2017, 10:25:10 am
That Macon is leaving? That's the only thing most on here will deduce from it.

I don't see how A leads to B considering Arkansas has basically moved on from Brown.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: Hawg Red on May 04, 2017, 10:30:10 am
I don't see how A leads to B considering Arkansas has basically moved on from Brown.

True, but facts are usually not the driving force behind most posts.

outlawhogeywells

so we offer on April 12 and he names us his leader?  Now we are backing off of him less than a month after the offer?
Does not add up

navyhog24

Quote from: outlawhogeywells on May 04, 2017, 10:47:46 am
so we offer on April 12 and he names us his leader?  Now we are backing off of him less than a month after the offer?
Does not add up

We offered last year.

Hogs49ers

Quote from: Hawg Red on May 04, 2017, 10:30:10 am

Where did you see or hear that we are moving on from Brown?  Or are you just assuming that since we are also offering other PFs now?  If it is the ladder, I am not sure why you think we are moving on from him.
SCREW Vandy!

Hawg Red

Quote from: outlawhogeywells on May 04, 2017, 10:47:46 am
Does not add up

As stated above, a conditional offer was extended in 2016. We've been recruiting this kid for a while, but it appears the staff is moving on to other options. I really like Brown's game. I don't know what's going on there. I'd love to have him be a Hog. Maybe they are just wanting to keep the Hawks connection strong by taking Weaver. Honestly, I'd rather have Brown or Kevin Easley over Weaver.

Hawg Red

Quote from: Hogs49ers on May 04, 2017, 10:54:21 am
Where did you see or hear that we are moving on from Brown?  Or are you just assuming that since we are also offering other PFs now?  If it is the ladder, I am not sure why you think we are moving on from him.

He is getting mostly mid-major interest now and he has named UAB his new leader. You do the math.

nwahogfan1

Quote from: Hawg Red on May 04, 2017, 10:54:57 am
As stated above, a conditional offer was extended in 2016. We've been recruiting this kid for a while, but it appears the staff is moving on to other options. I really like Brown's game. I don't know what's going on there. I'd love to have him be a Hog. Maybe they are just wanting to keep the Hawks connection strong by taking Weaver. Honestly, I'd rather have Brown or Kevin Easley over Weaver.

I have never seen the kid play in person but looking at his video plus considering his height and weight and the way he plays maybe Brown's game/position in College is not well defind.  Could he be a tweener?

azhog10

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on May 04, 2017, 11:29:25 am
I have never seen the kid play in person but looking at his video plus considering his height and weight and the way he plays maybe Brown's game/position in College is not well defind.  Could he be a tweener?
You wouldn't want him. He's not 7'2 and 295lbs.

Hawg Red

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on May 04, 2017, 11:29:25 am

Definitely has tweener potential. SF size with PF game.

NWAHog479

Quote from: Hawg Red on May 04, 2017, 01:02:21 pm
Definitely has tweener potential. SF size with PF game.

Could be a Modica type player if he develops the 3 ball

Paul

He's reclassifying because he's too old to play on the high school team next year

Kevin McPherson

Quote from: Paul on May 05, 2017, 12:59:05 pm
He's reclassifying because he's too old to play on the high school team next year

This was the dilemma I could not/would not go into. Since it is out there, RB will be too old to play at Cordova (TN) next year, which meant he would either re-classify to 2017 OR go to a prep school in 2017-18. He had a Hog offer but it was conditional (not committable) as they were "monitoring and evaluating" his situation as well as what other needs and prospects came into the picture for the program.