Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New 2018 recruit (Sunday, April 9) ... Kevin Easley, Jr., 6-6 wing ...

Started by Kevin McPherson, April 09, 2017, 01:15:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin McPherson

KenHawg2023

Wow, I'd love to hear any knowledgeable opinions on his game..?

His size and skills look like he'd fit perfectly with the other guys we have in that '18 class.

The real Hogules

Yes, but is that a position of need, or are we just going to put five athletic players out there and try and run opponents to death?
Serious question. I mean I know we need a rim protector, but are the other four positions determined by the best four that we can attract, Vs. recruiting to a specific position (I.E. most of our players are combo players)? And is that our long term strategy in recruiting? Once again, I'm asking this honestly.

Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

chiti66

Kid is definitely nice, and any other year, we'd beat his door down, but......we have a nice SF coming in, with another (Bailey) currently on the roster.  I really hope we can bring in either of PGs we are courting and find a way to get Olu (sp) from SCA. 

WPS!!

Razorod

Quote from: The real Hogules on April 09, 2017, 01:49:17 pm
Yes, but is that a position of need, or are we just going to put five athletic players out there and try and run opponents to death?
Serious question. I mean I know we need a rim protector, but are the other four positions determined by the best four that we can attract, Vs. recruiting to a specific position (I.E. most of our players are combo players)? And is that our long term strategy in recruiting? Once again, I'm asking this honestly.

We don't really have a player like him on the team or committed, either 2017-2018.
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

Razorod

Quote from: chiti66 on April 09, 2017, 02:03:18 pm
Kid is definitely nice, and any other year, we'd beat his door down, but......we have a nice SF coming in, with another (Bailey) currently on the roster.  I really hope we can bring in either of PGs we are courting and find a way to get Olu (sp) from SCA. 

WPS!!
Bailey doesn't have the skill set this guy has, nor is he likely to develop it to this level.
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

chiti66

Quote from: Razorod on April 09, 2017, 02:13:59 pm
Bailey doesn't have the skill set this guy has, nor is he likely to develop it to this level.

Correct on the skillset, and I don't think Bailey could develop into what this kid brings, but I think that the combo of Hall and Bailey is more than adequate for that slot.  The question is, would we forgo one of the PGs we're on, with the possibility to bring in Gabe, for this guy (who I agree is a beast)?  I think we have more pressing needs...JMHO (like yours:)).

WPS!

Kevin McPherson

Quote from: chiti66 on April 09, 2017, 02:43:26 pm
Correct on the skillset, and I don't think Bailey could develop into what this kid brings, but I think that the combo of Hall and Bailey is more than adequate for that slot.  The question is, would we forgo one of the PGs we're on, with the possibility to bring in Gabe, for this guy (who I agree is a beast)?  I think we have more pressing needs...JMHO (like yours:)).

WPS!

Kevin Easley Jr. is a junior -- Class of 2018 -- so he does not affect the last spot for 2017 in terms of availability, and if you look at the remaining 2018 targets or players of interest -- Rodgerick Brown, DJ Weaver Josh Leblanc, Jacobi Gordon, etc. -- there are plenty who project to that SF / wing /swingman spot.

rude1

Anyone asking does this kid play a position of need, I say are you crazy? 6'6" player already at 220 lbs., can handle the ball, shoot off the dribble, appears to play adequate defense, and still another year of high school to develop. There is always a need of someone like this on your roster. Reminds of guys like Ron Huery who opposed problems for defenses because of his length, ability to handle the ball and also the ability to knock down the outside shot.

ShadowHawg

Quote from: The real Hogules on April 09, 2017, 01:49:17 pm

We will have 3 rim protectors on the roster when the 2018 class gets here.

MA has always said he wants guys who play/guard multiple positions.

chiti66

Quote from: HOGdayafternoon on April 09, 2017, 02:56:20 pm
Kevin Easley Jr. is a junior -- Class of 2018 -- so he does not affect the last spot for 2017 in terms of availability, and if you look at the remaining 2018 targets or players of interest -- Rodgerick Brown, DJ Weaver Josh Leblanc, Jacobi Gordon, etc. -- there are plenty who project to that SF / wing /swingman spot.

I stand corrected, and YES, full court press on the stud!

WPS!

ChaddyDaddy

Wow.....This kid looks like a young Joe Johnson.  All in!

HogFoo

yeah, I would not be disappointed if we take this kid.  he has a tremendous skill set.   
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

Kevin McPherson

Quote from: ChaddyDaddy on April 09, 2017, 05:54:57 pm
Wow.....This kid looks like a young Joe Johnson.  All in!

Boom bam! Exactly what I thought the first time I watched his highlight reel. Joe a little smoother at same stage, but similarities are there.

ChaddyDaddy

Quote from: HOGdayafternoon on April 09, 2017, 08:26:07 pm
Boom bam! Exactly what I thought the first time I watched his highlight reel. Joe a little smoother at same stage, but similarities are there.
Same turn around jumpers/step back jumper.  Joe's handle was better but this kid is amazing.  This is the kid that could put them over the top!

blu

The more versatile the 2s, 3s and 4s are, the better Mike's system works. This guy looks like he would be an excellent get.
"But it is no shame to suffer for being a Christian. Praise God for the privilege of being called by His name!"  I Peter 4:16

Kevin McPherson

KenHawg2023

Hogday...! that sounds like good news my friend.

Hearing whispers or gotta a good gut feeling on this one..?

Kevin McPherson

Quote from: KenHawg2023 on April 10, 2017, 04:39:47 pm
Hogday...! that sounds like good news my friend.

Hearing whispers or gotta a good gut feeling on this one..?

Things just getting started really, but I do know that he likes the Hogs.

rude1

Quote from: HOGdayafternoon on April 09, 2017, 08:26:07 pm
That's interesting, when I saw the highlights I immediately thought of Ron Huery, smooth with the ball in his hands, though not a great ball handler, could pull up off the dribble in the mid range game and get his shot off, could score from all 3 levels. I just think Joe was just more all around polished than those two and had an NBA game from day 1.

ChaddyDaddy

Still my favorite recruit.  Hope he becomes a hog and fills that Joe Johnson/Scotty Thurman roll!