Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ethan Henderson is absurdly athletic.

Started by The_Bionic_Pig, March 25, 2017, 09:18:44 am

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Bionic_Pig

I know quite a few have been enamored by his lack of major production on a loaded Parkview squad but he is a 4 star top 80 player.

He's easily the most athletic player on the AAU wings squad and the only comparison (athletically not skill wise) I can ponder is Scottie Pippen. 

The guy took 2 step's inside the freethrow line and freaking launched.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Bacon_Bitz

reddawg213

GoPigs69

I thought he played for the Hawks - not Wings. 

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: GoPigs69 on March 25, 2017, 10:11:01 am
I thought he played for the Hawks - not Wings. 

Thank you gopigs Arkansas Hawks... ;D
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

labb

I watched them play in the State Finals and he did not get to play enough minutes to tell much about him. Only time I saw Parkview play..The one player that stood out athletically on the Parkview team was Franklin..No one else even close. He is a freak with his hops.

ballinhog

Quote from: labb on March 25, 2017, 11:26:37 am
I watched them play in the State Finals and he did not get to play enough minutes to tell much about him. Only time I saw Parkview play..The one player that stood out athletically on the Parkview team was Franklin..No one else even close. He is a freak with his hops.

Franklin is my personal #1 choice to sign in this late period, unfortunately he doesn't have the grades. I hate that too because I think he would fit so perfectly in our system.

As freakishly athletic as Henderson is, he's still not as athletic as Franklin, however I do think he could likely be a better college player someday due to his length.

RazorAg

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on March 25, 2017, 09:18:44 am
I know quite a few have been enamored by his lack of major production on a loaded Parkview squad but he is a 4 star top 80 player.

He's easily the most athletic player on the AAU wings squad and the only comparison (athletically not skill wise) I can ponder is Scottie Pippen. 

The guy took 2 step's inside the freethrow line and freaking launched.

I think the Derek Hood comp is the best I've seen.

The production is a concern. As much upside as he has, he should've been more productive this season.

He's the prospect I'm looking forward to seeing the most next weekend.

Razorod

Quote from: RazorAg on March 26, 2017, 09:27:10 am

The production is a concern. As much upside as he has, he should've been more productive this season.

Looking forward to your report on the prospects the Hogs are recruiting. Any intel is appreciated.
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

The_Iceman

Quote from: RazorAg on March 26, 2017, 09:27:10 am

Derek Hood was one of my favorite Hogs of all time. I see some similarities. If Henderson could add 10 or so pounds of muscle, I think it is a fair comparison. Nicky Davis is probably a more accurate comparison right now.

nwahogfan1

What position does Henderson want to play in College?  Does he see himself more of a 3 or a 4?

The_Iceman

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on March 26, 2017, 11:45:54 pm
What position does Henderson want to play in College?  Does he see himself more of a 3 or a 4?

No way is he a 3. Definitely a 4.

NWAHog479

Who is working with him on his post moves, Bill Ingram or Flanigan? I would like to see him and Perry battle each other at Hawks practice in the post. Feel like right now, smaller/stronger players like Perry can bully Henderson.

ShadowHawg

Henderson with 19 tonight. Why didn't this guy get to play at Parkview?

gogamer

Was asking myself that the entire game tonight.  Henderson was a monster!  Highest energy on the floor at all times!  Definite 4.

Rawker

Quote from: ShadowHawg on March 31, 2017, 11:46:49 pm

After watching the Hawks game, that's the first question that came to my mind.  It's as mind boggling as his performance tonight was overwhelming.  Henderson ruled most of the court, on defense and at the rim.  However, the overall talent displayed by all of the Hog recruits could not be overlooked by Henderson's above-the-rim action.  In fact, the eye-full of all of them together, right after watching a couple of future Hogs in the Conley All Star practice, along with the idea that Gafford hadn't even shown up yet, made the concept of them all being on one Hog team almost shocking.  I could very well be wrong, but outside of the obvious big programs, I just can't imagine how this collection of players on one team wouldn't have a serious impact in 2017-19 CBB.  Who knows at this point?  Many other SEC teams have big time talent coming in as well, but there certainly shouldn't be an argument about whether Mike and his Staff are keeping pace.  Sure looks like it to me.

poloprince

Quote from: ShadowHawg on March 31, 2017, 11:46:49 pm

He started for Parkview. I'm not sure what you mean.
$PoLoPrInCe$

JayHog

Quote from: poloprince on April 01, 2017, 11:53:22 am
He started for Parkview. I'm not sure what you mean.

He only played like 5 minutes in Parkview's championship game. He just watched from the bench all game. That's what he means

ImHogginIt

Quote from: JayHog on April 01, 2017, 06:36:39 pm
He only played like 5 minutes in Parkview's championship game. He just watched from the bench all game. That's what he means

And he looked lazy and disinterested in that 5 mins

poloprince

Coach said he was taking plays off
$PoLoPrInCe$

azhog10

He played more than five minutes. You might want to go back and watch it.

NWAHog479

After watching the Real Deal highlights, this guy is a walking dunk waiting to happen. Really looking forward to seeing him on the hill, seems like a good kid too.

Pinto

He's more comfortable with the Hawks than at PV

OnTheHillHogFan

Quote from: Pinto on April 03, 2017, 11:14:58 am
He's more comfortable with the Hawks than at PV
It's amazing how much better a player looks when his teammates actually look to pass the ball.
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

Big Nasty 34

Quote from: OnTheHillHogFan on April 03, 2017, 01:15:43 pm
It's amazing how much better a player looks when his teammates actually look to pass the ball.

That's a bit alarming if one of those is a possible PG candidate in Garland...

ballinhog

Quote from: Big Nasty 34 on April 04, 2017, 08:35:13 am
That's a bit alarming if one of those is a possible PG candidate in Garland...

The one time I watched them it looked like Garland was the only one that was trying to get everyone involved. Everybody else was just jacking up shots

Big Nasty 34

Quote from: ballinhog on April 04, 2017, 04:56:29 pm

The one time I watched them it looked like Garland was the only one that was trying to get everyone involved. Everybody else was just jacking up shots

Yeah, they seemed pretty undisciplined from what very little I saw. Should've rolled everyone with their talent.

NWAHog479

Parkview was loaded this year and still could not be Hall and Mills! Hall is a beast.

zebradynasty

I agree that last years PV team was not very discipline. At times they just seem to be doing whatever they want.

navyhog24

Quote from: The_Iceman on March 26, 2017, 08:09:35 pm
Derek Hood was one of my favorite Hogs of all time. I see some similarities. If Henderson could add 10 or so pounds of muscle, I think it is a fair comparison. Nicky Davis is probably a more accurate comparison right now.

I'd take either right now easily over the 4's we currently have. We miss the Hood and Davis types.