Previous topic - Next topic

outlawhogeywells

RazorPiggie

Hollywood870

Hollywood870

Swinesong1

Quote from: outlawhogeywells on March 24, 2017, 11:08:55 pm
Do we have a shot
I don't know if we do.  But, according to this site, the Hogs were at least giving him a look before he committed to Duquesne.

ballinhog

I hope we have a shot, I like this kid a lot. He's long, athletic, can shoot it and seemed to be the primary ball handler on most highlights I seen, had some very nice passes as well. He covers a lot of ground in very few steps

HossHog

I've never even heard of Duquesne, does anyone know anything about it and why he would commit there?

ShadowHawg

Quote from: HossHog on March 25, 2017, 12:02:26 am
I've never even heard of Duquesne, does anyone know anything about it and why he would commit there?

I believe Scot Edgar coached there after leaving Murray St.

The_Iceman

We either need a true PG or a big.

zebradynasty

Quote from: The_Iceman on March 25, 2017, 04:03:28 am

This ^^ or in a perfect world BOTH!

ballinhog

I keep seeing everybody say we need to get a true point guard but not seeing anybody mention a specific name. Whos the point guard we need to get?

Only names I've seen is Eaton and Fitzgerald and it doesn't look like either will get an offer. I look at it like RJ Glasper is prolly as good as any point guard we would sign in the late period, so why not try to get longer. Or even a knockdown shooter if there's one out there.

ShadowHawg

We need more athletes at the 3 and 4  and shooters. Supposedly Garland can play the point. I would rather take another guard with size.than add another short guard in the rotation that lacks size at this point.

Big bodies are useless in this system, they have to be players. There aren't any good bigs left this time of year.

Would love to add this kid or Smith with the last spot.

Pinto

Quote from: ShadowHawg on March 25, 2017, 12:01:34 pm
We need more athletes at the 3 and 4  and shooters. Supposedly Garland can play the point. I would rather take another guard with size.than add another short guard in the rotation that lacks size at this point.

Big bodies are useless in this system, they have to be players. There aren't any good bigs left this time of year.

Would love to add this kid or Smith with the last spot.

Zhaire Smith all the way

NWAHog479

Yeah I do not see this kid being better than Zhaire Smith or Rod Brown, but if they land elsewhere we do have to "take the best available"

Big Nasty 34

Quote from: NWAHog479 on March 27, 2017, 09:30:48 am
Yeah I do not see this kid being better than Zhaire Smith or Rod Brown, but if they land elsewhere we do have to "take the best available"

why do we "have" to?

onebadrubi

Having neither is working well for Oregon. 

Hawg Red

hogwood

Quote from: onebadrubi on March 27, 2017, 10:07:11 am
Having neither is working well for Oregon.

They have a 6'10" guy off the bench, and Bell is 6'9". I'd say they have 2 bigs, but they definitely are a shorter team.

The_Bionic_Pig

He was a 6'3 SG (2) yrs ago and a pretty decent one.... Good ball handler & threat from 3 which got him some power 5 interest but mid-major collegiate offers.

Un-noticed by most major programs He shot up 5.5 inches in 24 months while retaining that skillset and is close to 6'9 now. 

Now do you see the attraction....
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

tophawg19

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on March 31, 2017, 11:54:56 pm
He was a 6'3 SG (2) yrs ago and a pretty decent one.... Good ball handler & threat from 3 which got him some power 5 interest but mid-major collegiate offers.

Un-noticed by most major programs He shot up 5.5 inches in 24 months while retaining that skillset and is close to 6'9 now. 

Now do you see the attraction....
hopefully he added some solid weight to match the growth
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Birminghog

Quote from: HossHog on March 25, 2017, 12:02:26 am

Catholic school in Pittsburgh. Has maybe the best saxophone teacher in the country, not that you were asking about that, but that's all I know..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duquesne_University

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: tophawg19 on April 01, 2017, 10:22:51 am
hopefully he added some solid weight to match the growth

Not really...looks like Michael Jones (frame-Wise)
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

NWAHog479

Sounds like we are looking at almost everybody out there as a possible option for this last scholarship. Would love to hear from CMA and staff to know what position they value most.

Richard Davenport

I know it's being reported, but Arkansas isn't pursuing him.

onebadrubi

Quote from: hogwood on March 31, 2017, 09:21:58 pm
They have a 6'10" guy off the bench, and Bell is 6'9". I'd say they have 2 bigs, but they definitely are a shorter team.

That 6'10" guy off the bench doesn't average 4 minutes a game I don't think. 

Also, Bell is not really a big.  He played out of his mind the last few weeks, but the guy actually has pretty good ball handles and such, comparable to a Draymond green type in college. 

NWAHog479

Quote from: Richard Davenport on April 03, 2017, 11:31:38 am
I know it's being reported, but Arkansas isn't pursuing him.

Who are the possible people that we are pursuing?

nwahogfan1

Quote from: RazorPiggie on March 24, 2017, 11:14:08 pm
We need some 4s not 3s.

I agree.  We need some 6'8 men who like to bang but apparently Mike thinks he can get to the final 4 or elite 8 with 6'5ish PFs who want to wander outside alot because they are under sized.  Oh well. 

I watched the games of the final 4 and all of those teams had several big men on the inside.  NC and Gonzaga had several. 

hogwood

Quote from: onebadrubi on April 03, 2017, 01:26:16 pm
That 6'10" guy off the bench doesn't average 4 minutes a game I don't think. 

Also, Bell is not really a big.  He played out of his mind the last few weeks, but the guy actually has pretty good ball handles and such, comparable to a Draymond green type in college.

Probably didn't average much during the regular season. He probably saw 8-10 during the tourney after Boucher went out.

Draymond Green is 6'7" and is considered a big in NBA "small ball" lineups. How do you not consider a 6'9" 230 lb. power forward a big in college? Just because he is athletic, runs the court magnificently, and can handle the ball doesn't mean he is not a big.  It just means he is a versatile big.