Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GAME 21 THREAD: Arkansas (16-4, 2-0 SEC) vs Mississippi State (12-8, 0-2 SEC)

Started by Razorbacks#1, March 19, 2017, 12:34:34 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ucahogfan

ucahogfan

Gridley grounds out 4-3 to end the top of the 3rd.

Senior RHP Dominic Taccolini has begun throwing in the pen.

JHicks3636

Razorbacks#1

0               Bot 3rd                      0

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | R  | H   | E  |LOB
MST     0| 0 | 0 |    |    |    |    |    |    |  0  |  4  | 0  | 2 
ARK     0| 0 |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |  0  |  0  | 0  | 1 
"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

ucahogfan

Cole rockets a single back up the box into CF.  He almost took off Mangum's head.

JHicks3636

Wisco Pig

Quote from: ucahogfan on March 19, 2017, 01:49:02 pm
Cole rockets a single back up the box into CF.  He almost took off Mangum's head.

Good to see Cole get a base hit.   Time to chase Mangum.

ucahogfan

Biggers squares to bunt, but pulls it back and slaps a single into RF.  Runners on the corners with 0 outs.

Bogghawg

Streaming the game on Razorback Sports Network from IMG.  Right in the middle of a word it went off the air and started saying there is no live broadcast at this time.  It's the only source I have for listening.  does anyone know what happened?
Never Attempt To Teach a Pig To Sing; It Wastes Your Time and Annoys the Pig

ucahogfan

Former Kentucky HC Gary Henderson strolls out to the mound to talk with Mangum.

JHicks3636

ucahogfan

Arledge walks on 4 pitches to bring out the beer hats with 0 outs.

ucahogfan

MSU will make a pitching change even though Mangum had Spanberger in a lefty / lefty matchup.

Wisco Pig

Quote from: Bogghawg on March 19, 2017, 01:52:05 pm
Streaming the game on Razorback Sports Network from IMG.  Right in the middle of a word it went off the air and started saying there is no live broadcast at this time.  It's the only source I have for listening.  does anyone know what happened?

I don't know what happened, but try arkansasrazorbacks.com.   Scroll down to find the game audio link.   That's how I'm listening today.

JHicks3636

Just think-only the second time this year Mangum had to pitch out of the stretch. He did not appear comfortable.

ucahogfan

New pitcher for MSU is Freshman LHP Trysten Barlow (0-0, 11.57 ERA).

ucahogfan

Spanberger hits a sac fly into RF.  F9.  Cole scores.  Runners on 1B and 2B with 1 out.  Spanberger's 10th RBI of the season.

1-0 Hogs.

JHicks3636

ucahogfan

Bogghawg

Quote from: Wisco Pig on March 19, 2017, 01:56:18 pm
I don't know what happened, but try arkansasrazorbacks.com.   Scroll down to find the game audio link.   That's how I'm listening today.
Thanks.  That did it.  Still wonder what happened to the source I usually use.
Never Attempt To Teach a Pig To Sing; It Wastes Your Time and Annoys the Pig

ucahogfan

Bonfield squares one up, but it is right at the 3B.  Arledge is cut down at 2B for a 5-4 FC, but a wide throw pulls the 2B off the bag and the DP can't be completed.  Runners on the corners with 2 outs.

ucahogfan

Biggers scores on what should be ruled a passed ball.  The C just missed a fastball just below the knees.  Bonfield on 2B with 2 outs.

2-0 Hogs.

JHicks3636

Quote from: ucahogfan on March 19, 2017, 02:04:03 pm
Biggers scores on what should be ruled a passed ball.  The C just missed a fastball just below the knees.  Bonfield on 2B with 2 outs.

2-0 Hogs.

Was indeed scored a passed ball.

ucahogfan

Koch walks on 4 pitches (ball 4 was IBB).  Runners on 1B and 2B with 2 outs.

ucahogfan

Shaddy lines a single into RF.  Bonfield scores.  Shaddy cut down at 2B to end the inning.  Shaddy's 19th RBI of the season.

3-0 Hogs.

ucahogfan

The 3 runs in that half inning were the first runs the Hogs have scored this series which did not come from a HR.

Razorbacks#1

0               Top 4th                      3

MST     0| 0 | 0 |    |    |    |    |    |    |  0  |  4  | 0  | 2 
ARK     0| 0 | 3 |    |    |    |    |    |    |  3  |  3  | 0  | 2 
"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

JHicks3636

ucahogfan

Rooker works the count full, and he draws a leadoff walk.

Sophomore LHP Kacey Murphy warming in the pen for the Hogs.

ucahogfan

JHicks3636

ucahogfan

Gordon hits a little squibber just in front of the plate for 2-3 groundout.  Runner on 2B with 2 outs.

ucahogfan

Alexander caught looking as Alberius paints the inside corner with a fastball.  Alberius' 3rd K.

JHicks3636

That was the 30th strikeout in the series for Hog hurlers. 30/3 K/BB. Pretty dang good.

Razorbacks#1

0               Bot 4th                      3

MST     0| 0 | 0 | 0 |    |    |    |    |    |  0  |  4  | 0  | 3 
ARK     0| 0 | 3 |    |    |    |    |    |    |  3  |  3  | 0  | 2 

THUNDER!

Maddhog

I forgot that this motley crew would want lunch.  Don't know how many ladies  are on here but the struggle is real. 😜
"He hits from both sides of the plate.  He's amphibious."

JHicks3636

jm

Allowing the State leadoff hitter to get on too often today, but really dealing with to get out of it.

ucahogfan

Freshman RHP Riley Self (2-0, 2.84 ERA) is the new pitcher for Mississippi State.

ucahogfan

ucahogfan

McFarland chops one in the hole at SS, and uses his 6.7 60 speed to run it out for an INF single.

Dr. Starcs

Sorry if I missed it, but what exactly happened between the two coaches last night?  I heard someone mention it this morning.

And thanks for the pbp.

ucahogfan

ucahogfan

Biggers HBP on the 1st pitch.  Runners on 1B and 2B with 2 outs as the lineup turns over.

ucahogfan

Arledge ropes a single into LF and the throw home is cut off.  McFarland scores.  Runners on 1B and 2B with 2 outs.  Arledge's 14th RBI of the season.

4-0 Hogs.

JHicks3636

ucahogfan

Spanberger just hit the first pitch of his AB to the road beyond RF, but it was well foul.

ucahogfan

Ball in the dirt moves the runners to 2B and 3B with 2 outs.  I'm thinking it should probably be scored a double steal as it did not get away from the C.

ucahogfan

TNhawgfan

Nice thing about this series is we've played with the lead practically the entire weekend
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol