Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

game two vols series

Started by flippinhogmana, March 18, 2017, 01:13:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

flippinhogmana

Storms gave up some base hits but no runs in the top half of the innings, 0-0 into the bottom half of the first
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

flippinhogmana

Hiers, Russell and Schroeder due up Vols pitcher has a 9-3 record and 1.67 ERA
Hiers walks
Russell (.453 BA) gets behind 0-1, hits into a FC, but advances to second on muffed throw trying for a dp, on second with one out for Nicole
Nicole works it to 2-2 and strikes out swing after working it full and fouling off a pitch,
Cooper stands in with Russell still on second with now two down
Cooper gets behind 1-2, works it even after fouling off four pitches and then grounds to second.  0-0 after one
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

flippinhogmana

Hopefully Storms gets her best stuff back after a rocky first inning that she battled out of.
6,7, and 8 hitters up
6th place hitter grounds to Yani at second, one down
7th place hitter grounds to Russell at third, two down
8th place hitter gets ahead 2-0 and then pops to Yani at second, easy inning for Storms,

flippinhogmana

Belans, Canfield and Diaz (who is due) are up for the hogs in the bottom half of the second
Belans (the hero yesterday) is hitting .301 with 4 homers, falls behind 0-1 and flies out to CF
Canfield seems to be hitting her stride finally (.284) but strikes out swinging on three pitches
Diaz gets behind 1-2 and strikes out swinging after fouling one off, 0-0 to the top of the third.   

flippinhogmana

starts off with the ninth place hitter then the top of the order
9th place hitter gets ahead 2-1 and storms battles back to even it, then storms fields a bouncer back to her and throws for the out, one down and to the top of the order,
1st place hitter also gets ahead 2-1 and now its full, then hitter grounds to Russell at third
2nd place hitter grounds out to Yani at second, on to the bottom half, Storms pitch count now into the 40's

flippinhogmana

Autumn is battling but she is consistently getting behind, still she is seeming to get in the groove with the last two innings,
Warrick, Yani and Hiers up
Warrick grounds out to second
Yani gets ahead 2-1 and now is even in the count, then pops to second, two down for Hiers
Vols ewer has about ten less pitches facing Hiers than Autumn does
Hiers works a 1-1 count, then walks on three straight balls for Russell, one on two down, vols pitchers with the balls to Hiers and having to face Russell will now be close to Storms pitch count
Russell singles when the vols pitcher cant field her position cleanly, bring up Nicole with two on two out
Nicole hbp and the bases are loaded for cooper two down
Cooper works a 3-1 count and the vols pitcher seems to be feeling some heat
Cooper stries out swinging though leaving three on base, on to the top of the 4th.  At least they made the vols pithcer work and her pitch count is not more than Autumns.

flippinhogmana

3rd, 4th and 5th place hitters due up
3rd place hitter flies to cf
4th place hitter strikes out (pc 47)
5th place hitter works a 1-1 count and now behind 1-2, battles back even, now full, then grounds to Cooper, on to the bottom half of the fourth

flippinhogmana

Belans, Canfield and Diaz up, hopefully they will solve the vols pitcher this time through. 
Belans works a 1-1 count and now gets ahead 2-1, gets even and then singles to center, one on nobody out for for Canfield-she gets behind 0-2, the runner Beringhele is out trying to steal, one down
Canfield evens the count at 2-2, now full, then flies out, two down (pc 62 for the vols hurler)
Diaz up, gets behind 0-2 and pops to second, on to the top of the fifth in a pitchers duel.

flippinhogmana

6th, 7th and 8th place hitters up for the vols
6th place hitter singles through the ride side on an 0-1 count, one on nobody out
7th place hitter sacrifices her to second for the 8th place hitter, one down runner on 2nd
8th place hitter works a 1-1 count and then gets ahead 2-1, Autumn evens it at 2-2,
runner interference cuts down the lead runner, now a runner on 1st two down for the 9th place hitter
9th place hitter ( the line so far for the vols is 3 hits, 1 error that didnt factor and two left, hogs two hits, 0 errors and 4 left, three on a bases loaded situation)
9th place hitter strikes out swinging, to the home half of the 5th 0-0

flippinhogmana

In a repeat, Warrick, Yani and Hiers up
Warrick flies out to rf
Yani pops out neither worked the pitcher much not giving Autumn much rest
Hiers works a 2-2 count, now full, fouls some off and then gets an infield single
Russell up with a runner at first, two down.grounds out on a 1-1 pitch, on to the top of the 6th and the top of the vols batting order.  Stay strong Autumn!

flippinhogmana

Autumn starts the inning with a pc of 75
1st place hitter rounds out to Russell on a 1-1 count
2nd place hitter (0-2 today) grounds out to second
3rd place hitter (0-2 today)gets ahead 2-1 and is then hit by the pitch, one one and two down for the 4th place hitter who is 1-2
4th place hitter gets ahead 2-1 and the first base runner steals second, runner on second with two down
4th place hitter strikes out swing to end the threat, onto the home half of the sixth with Nicole Schroeder to lead it off.

flippinhogmana

Nicole, Cooper and Belans due up, maybe they can vols this psky vols pitcher and give Storms some support
Nicole (0-1 today and average down to .477) works a 1-1 count and pops up to the pitcher...I think she might be pressing just a bit with being pitched around so much.
Cooper singles to centers with one down, how about it Belans can you pick up Nicole?
Belans hits into a FC, one on at first, two down to Canfield who flies out.
Autumn didnt get much rest  there or much support.  On to the top of the seventh.

flippinhogmana

5th, 6h and 7th place hitters up this half of the inning for the Vols (pc 88)
5th place hitter works a -1 count then flies to CF
6th place hitter (1-2) gets ahead 2-1, now 3-1, now full, and singles to CF
7th place hitter also gets ahead 2-1, now 3-1 and I think Autumn is starting to run low on gas, she walks her for two on, and one our (walks leading runner into scoring position)
8th place hitter (0-2 on the day) gets behind 1-2 and now 2-2, then gets an infield single, bases loaded one out
pinch hitter for the 9th place hitter (.500 Ba on 6 official abs) grounds out but a run scores, 1-0 Vols with now two outs and runners still on 2nd and 3rd for the top of the order
1st place hitter gets behind 1-2 and strikes out looking but damage in done, hogs go into the bottom half trailing for the first time all game 1-0

flippinhogmana

bottom of the order Diaz (0-3 on the day, so is Yani and Warrick)
Diaz is pinch hit for bu Bugarin as I though might happen, she gets ahead 2-1 then works a walk!
One on, nobody out for Warrick.  Yani hasn't popped one since the opening weekend.
Warrick gets behind 0-2 (actually Pocklington as the pinch hitter) then pops to third without advancing the runner.  One down now and a runner on first for Yani-singles to bring up the top of the order, two on, one out for Hiers (Parr pr for Yani on first, the winning run)-walks for the third time today to load the bases for Russell
Russell (winning run at second in the person of Parr)-singles to left field tying it up bringing up Nicole (they cant pitch around her with the bases loaded!) but she is pressing and lines out to the pitcher, two down now, bases still loaded for Cooper who picks her up and sends us home with a single to center and a 2-1 win!

and our second straight one run victory (which Storms saved the first one and gets the win in the second) over a top 20 team.  I hate that either pitcher lost today, but if it had to be one, I didnt want it to be Autumn.

ricepig

flippinhogmana

Quote from: ricepig on March 18, 2017, 03:10:22 pm
https://twitter.com/jefflongUA/status/843191305299771392

well he just might pay attention to women's sports after all!  I think the coach (coach D) did a good job today, particularly with her subs in the bottom of the seventh. 

ricepig

Quote from: flippinhogmana on March 18, 2017, 03:17:33 pm
well he just might pay attention to women's sports after all!  I think the coach (coach D) did a good job today, particularly with her subs in the bottom of the seventh. 

Probably noticed the first line, for sure........

https://twitter.com/RazorbackSB/status/843194075058769920

flippinhogmana

Hogs at 2-3 are 6th in the conference and if we hadn't had one win stolen from us against BAMA, we would be within a game of them. 

Pancetta

Great way to build a program. Offer free attendance, draw a record crowd, win a nail biter over a ranked team.
Jump Ball / Re: Time to hit the panic button?
January 06, 2022, 05:32:59 pm
Nah. Every single transfer can score. The shots will come once the pecking order gets sorted out.
Pancetta

Scott7703

Another big win! Keep moving forward! WPS

psycHOGlogist

Great job, flippin! You are clearly the man to do the pbp! :-)

I just watched the replay - what a great game! A few mistakes here and there (Cooper swung and missed at ball 4 when the bases were loaded), but overall much more positives, and we finally got the clutch hits we needed!

This is exactly the kind of game we did NOT win last year, and to get a couple already this year is super important!

Scott7703

How big would it be to break out the brooms tomorrow?

psycHOGlogist

flippinhogmana

Quote from: psycHOGlogist on March 18, 2017, 09:02:48 pm
Great job, flippin! You are clearly the man to do the pbp! :-)

I just watched the replay - what a great game! A few mistakes here and there (Cooper swung and missed at ball 4 when the bases were loaded), but overall much more positives, and we finally got the clutch hits we needed!

This is exactly the kind of game we did NOT win last year, and to get a couple already this year is super important!

cooper could have been the goat, left four on (including the three you mentioned) but she redeemed herself on an 0-2 count!  Belans had a huge clutch knock yesterday too, again down in the count!

I think Nicole Schroeder has been pressing ever since the top of the seventh in the second game at Bama.  She just needs to relax, her team mates are picking her up.  I still think she has a legitimate shot at POY if she breaks out again.

And how about Autumn Storms!  I think she showed a lot of grit last night and tonight, and also has a shot at FOY.