Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hanspard is a Hog!

Started by ricepig, March 15, 2017, 03:17:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

OLDHOG

Bacon_Bitz

Quote from: 3kgthog on March 16, 2017, 08:47:04 am
It'll be interesting to see how he improves once he starts focusing strictly on CB. I'm also intrigued by his desire to run track here.

It seems like it's been awhile since we had any multi-sport athletes. I barely remember one of the football players being on the baseball team for 5 seconds. Has there been another one since then and I missed it? Semi-recently: MJ, Batman, Michael Grant...drawing a blank.

Marcus Monk
Brandon Mitchell

lumphog

OS2 (SW) Razor Back

Quote from: trphog on March 15, 2017, 11:14:51 pm
What does Mav think?

Negative Ghost Rider the pattern is full.
The Giants win the penent!!!!!The Giants win the penent!!!
Today, I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the Earth.
I can't believe what I just saw!!!!
Down goes Frazier!!!! Down goes Frazier!!!
Do you believe in miricles?!?!?!

oldfart

measurables?  sorry i dont follow recruiting that closely.. and same for Ford?

RagingHawgOn

Quote from: ricepig on March 15, 2017, 09:28:41 pm
Geese approves of this start.

Good gawd I needed that laugh! Kudos.

staffhog

He is on DeSoto's track team, does anyone know his event/events??  I plan on checking this young man at some meets coming up here in DFW

hawgmasta

Big time get at a position of constant need! WPS! :razorback:

hawginbigd1

Quote from: rljjr on March 15, 2017, 03:49:18 pm
Wow. This guy just blows me away. Very excited to have Hanspard on board. Recruiting is just going gangbusters. Four recruits who are all highly regarded, highly recruited.
In b4 the we are recruiting exactly like we always have crowd, WPS! Even though the facts point to the last 4+ years being a renaissance if you will for Arkansas recruiting.

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on March 16, 2017, 09:42:40 pm
In b4 the we are recruiting exactly like we always have crowd, WPS! Even though the facts point to the last 4+ years being a renaissance if you will for Arkansas recruiting.

The morons will say the 2018 recruiting class ranks about the same as usual...25ish. They won't be able to comprehend how a small class scores less overall points and they will consequently lose their minds again.
There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

prattville pig

Life's too short to last long.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Trey1981 on March 15, 2017, 03:27:26 pm
Unbelievable start to recruiting. Will this be a breakthrough class?
i said last year this would be the one. watching it unfold has been amazing so far. 4 4*s.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on March 17, 2017, 04:31:48 pm
i said last year this would be the one. watching it unfold has been amazing so far. 4 4*s.
Wait, did I somehow miss something ??? I thought Ford is currently a 3*.

presidenthog

In calling it right now. The 2019 class is the year. I've been saying it for months. This will be a small class.

2018 will be the big year for us on the field, and then we will finish it off with a huge haul in 2019.

LJHOG

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on March 15, 2017, 03:22:42 pm
Fantastic news.  a 6'1 4* DB from TX?  Heck yeah
CB or S??  Either way we can use him?

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Trey1981 on March 15, 2017, 03:27:26 pm
Unbelievable start to recruiting. Will this be a breakthrough class?

In before One Bad Judy comes in to hike his leg on your enthusiasm...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: LJHOG on March 18, 2017, 10:55:42 am
CB or S??  Either way we can use him?

No idea but, like you said, either way we can use him

RaisinHog

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on March 17, 2017, 06:10:48 pm

He is but surely he will get a bump with that offer list

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on March 17, 2017, 06:10:48 pm
oh, are you one of those guys? If a kid is a 4* on some sites and is 1 point away from being a composite 4 star, WTH would I call him a 3 star then? to deliberately "lowball" his rating
? cmon, man. ESPN has him unranked. Shouldnt we just call him an UNRANKED RECRUIT?

Also, dude will be a 4* unanimously before signing day.

Also, MY EYES say 4 star.

http://www.scout.com/player/214399-luke-ford

Better email Scout and tell them to stop referring to him as a Four Star in their articles, too.
http://www.scout.com/college/football/recruiting/story/1762787-razorbacks-pull-4-star-te-out-of-illinois

What you are doing, whether intentional or not, is showing signs of Poorlilolearkiesawsyndrome. Get help.

;D you still ok in my book.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Pig in the Pokey

March 19, 2017, 11:54:05 am #69 Last Edit: March 19, 2017, 12:04:39 pm by Pig in the Pokey
Quote from: RaisinHog on March 19, 2017, 09:27:12 am
He is but surely he will get a bump with that offer list
not quite. But, yeah, he'll rise up some more. he is UR (espn), 4*(scout), and 3*(247).
And we all know he's a 4*. Not sure why you guys do this but it is very irritating. NO other fanbase lowballs their own recruits like we do! We are currently tied for #2 (behind only USC) in average player rating. May as well claim it while we can.

Vantage 8 dude

March 19, 2017, 12:22:24 pm #70 Last Edit: March 19, 2017, 01:54:47 pm by Vantage 8 dude
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on March 19, 2017, 11:48:30 am
oh, are you one of those guys? If a kid is a 4* on some sites and is 1 point away from being a composite 4 star, WTH would I call him a 3 star then? to deliberately "lowball" his rating
? cmon, man. ESPN has him unranked. Shouldnt we just call him an UNRANKED RECRUIT?

Better email Scout and tell them to stop referring to him as a Four Star in their articles, too.
http://www.scout.com/college/football/recruiting/story/1762787-razorbacks-pull-4-star-te-out-of-illinois

What you are doing, whether intentional or not, is showing signs of Poorlilolearkiesawsyndrome. Get help.

No, I'm not "one of those guys" whatever the hell that means. I honestly don't give a rat's rear what his star rating is in the least. However, I WAS merely pointing out that currently his rating is obviously a 3 by many services; whether or not he's one point away from a fourth star. Hopefully he does get his "bump", as I suspect he will. I merely asked the question based on the CONSENSUS ranking he now holds. Geezz.......you really need to lay off the caffeine if it's going to make you this hyper. Either that or get yourself a "chill pill" such as a Valium, Xanax, Klonopin or several other such "miracle" drugs. Plenty of options here. 

BTW what in the world does your idiotic Poorliloldarkiesawsyndrome reference have to do with anything? I merely stating a FACT; has nothing to do with my attitude toward my state or the Hogs. And for what it's worth I'm IMMENSELY PROUD of my native state, alma mater and favorite sports team.

Pig in the Pokey

actually ONE service has him a 3 star. One. One also has him a four, and one has him unrated.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on March 19, 2017, 12:22:24 pm
No, I'm not "one of those guys" whatever the hell that means. I honestly don't give a rat's rear what his star rating is in the least. However, I WAS merely pointing out that currently his rating is obviously a 3 by many services; whether or not he's one point away from a fourth star. Hopefully he does get his "bump", as I suspect he will. I merely asked the question based on the CONSENSUS ranking he now holds. Geezz.......you really need to lay off the caffeine if it's going to make you this hyper. Either that or get yourself a "chill pill" such as a Valium, Xanax, Klonopin or several other such "miracle" drugs. Plenty of options here. 

BTW what in the world does your idiotic Poorliloldarkiesawsyndrome reference have to do with anything? I merely stating a FACT; has nothing to do with my attitude toward my state or the Hogs. And for what it's worth I'm IMMENSELY PROUD of my native state, alma mater and favorite sports team.
DUDE. YOU quoted ME! And said I was wrong, when YOU were the wrong one. Dont quote me and not expect a retort. Look at the chart above. FOUR 4*s, #11 class.

Google is your friend.

And I said, "you still ok in my book" w/ an smiley emoji. The PLOA is b/c Hogville, in general, ALWAYS does this. Picks the lowest possible star on a guy. NO OTHER fan base does this that I've ever seen. It bugs me. We FINALLY can say we have "all 4 stars committed" and some guy always come along and pisses on the comment. "but, but, these other guys say he's only a 3*"....

If you really thought he was a 3*, i apologize. But you realize that proves my point about the narrative here that would would even think he was "just a 3*."

And, no, I dont use Merica's manmadeherion. all natural herbal remedies, friend.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on March 19, 2017, 02:31:24 pm
DUDE. YOU quoted ME! And said I was wrong, when YOU were the wrong one. Dont quote me and not expect a retort. Look at the chart above. FOUR 4*s, #11 class.

Google is your friend.

And I said, "you still ok in my book" w/ an smiley emoji. The PLOA is b/c Hogville, in general, ALWAYS does this. Picks the lowest possible star on a guy. NO OTHER fan base does this that I've ever seen. It bugs me. We FINALLY can say we have "all 4 stars committed" and some guy always come along and pisses on the comment. "but, but, these other guys say he's only a 3*"....

If you really thought he was a 3*, i apologize. But you realize that proves my point about the narrative here that would would even think he was "just a 3*."

And, no, I dont use Merica's manmadeherion. all natural herbal remedies, friend.
Look, we can go round and round and upside down on this and quite frankly I'm honestly not sure ANYONE besides us would give a tinker's damn. I was using a rating system that showed him as a 3*. If that was wrong in your opinion then that's your issue. I merely pointed out that fact and you go off like rockets firing on the Fourth of July as if you're somehow personally insulted, or at least from your viewpoint, I was somehow "poor mouthing little ole Arkansas". As it so happens I really don't care what Luke's (or anyone else's) rating is at this point. Very, very likely this will NOT be the final "grade" some of these kids earn, especially after they actually play their senior year.

Now if you want to continue arguing the issue after I've explained by reason(s) for questioning your original post then I suggest you do so with a door-which I know will be far more interested in continuing the debate.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on March 19, 2017, 03:06:17 pm
Look, we can go round and round and upside down on this and quite frankly I'm honestly not sure ANYONE besides us would give a tinker's damn. I was using a rating system that showed him as a 3*. If that was wrong in your opinion then that's your issue. I merely pointed out that fact and you go off like rockets firing on the Fourth of July as if you're somehow personally insulted, or at least from your viewpoint, I was somehow "poor mouthing little ole Arkansas". As it so happens I really don't care what Luke's (or anyone else's) rating is at this point. Very, very likely this will NOT be the final "grade" some of these kids earn, especially after they actually play their senior year.

Now if you want to continue arguing the issue after I've explained by reason(s) for questioning your original post then I suggest you do so with a door-which I know will be far more interested in continuing the debate.
perhaps you shouldnt have decided to feel it necessary to point out your understanding of Luke's ranking on my post then. Im done, though. fwiw, it wasnt personal. more like a pet peeve (calling the lowest possible on a guy and ignoring the high marks) that you made my business by quoting me with 'confused' emoji like I was just TRIPPIN instead of just checking google. If you had just posted it in the thread i probably wouldnt even have bothered.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on March 19, 2017, 03:18:52 pm
perhaps you shouldnt have decided to feel it necessary to point out your understanding of Luke's ranking on my post then. Im done, though. fwiw, it wasnt personal. more like a pet peeve (calling the lowest possible on a guy and ignoring the high marks) that you made my business by quoting me instead of just checking google. If you had just posted it in the thread i probably wouldnt even have bothered.
Grow a bigger set then.............

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on March 19, 2017, 03:21:09 pm
Grow a bigger set then.............
naw, mine too big. hurts my lady already.

You shouldnt get triggered when people reply to your mistakes. Just dont quote me saying Im wrong if you cant handle the response. Im well within forum rules. still should be a safe enough space for you.

ricepig

I'm putting both of you in timeout, Ponderin will be by shortly to administer your punishment.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on March 19, 2017, 03:22:46 pm
naw, mine too big. hurts my lady already.

You shouldnt get triggered when people reply to your mistakes. Just dont quote me saying Im wrong if you cant handle the response. Im well within forum rules. still should be a safe enough space for you.
Handled the response exactly as it should have been. BTW if you might want to take your own advice about handling someone's replies. Ain't me who went ballistic when I explained how I came up with the star rating.

As I said previously though: go argue it further with someone who gives a damn.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on March 19, 2017, 03:27:08 pm
Handled the response exactly as it should have been. BTW if you might want to take your own advice about handling someone's replies. Ain't me who went ballistic when I explained how I came up with the star rating.

As I said previously though: go argue it further with someone who gives a damn.
ballistic? this? you got triggered and my post even had smiley faces and didnt attack you. I even said you could be doing it subconsciously. That's what poorlilolearkiesawsyndrome is. You got it and are mad about it lmao.
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on March 19, 2017, 11:48:30 am

naw, your response was snowflake mode.
Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on March 19, 2017, 12:22:24 pm

telling me to eat xaax lol.

Pig in the Pokey

bottom line, you are one of 'those guys' that always thries to correct people who call a guy his highest star mark by saying, "well, they are really a 3 star". It's stupid and kind of disrespectful to the recruits. Stop bashing recruits.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: ricepig on March 19, 2017, 03:25:12 pm
I'm putting both of you in timeout, Ponderin will be by shortly to administer your punishment.
mod mode? what rules did we break?

Some of us have waited decades to be able to say something like "all of our recruits are four stars". I'm sick of the negative posters always salting everything positive the Hogs get going.

ricepig

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on March 19, 2017, 03:37:08 pm
mod mode? what rules did we break?

Some of us have waited decades to be able to say something like "all of our recruits are four stars". I'm sick of the negative posters always salting everything positive the Hogs get going.

Ponderin will be like...... :-[ when he gets here....

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: ricepig on March 19, 2017, 03:43:54 pm
Ponderin will be like...... :-[ when he gets here....
prob. ya snitchin mofo  :-X

Vantage 8 dude

March 19, 2017, 04:59:56 pm #84 Last Edit: March 19, 2017, 05:55:24 pm by Vantage 8 dude
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on March 19, 2017, 03:35:04 pm
bottom line, you are one of 'those guys' that always thries to correct people who call a guy his highest star mark by saying, "well, they are really a 3 star". It's stupid and kind of disrespectful to the recruits. Stop bashing recruits.
Read again: yes, I questioned you when you stated all four commitments are currently four stars. On one hand, you're correct-he is on at least one site. On the other, he's still a 3 on at least one other site (24/7) and whether YOU personally agree or don't matters not or changes that FACT. Gee, I guess when it comes right down to it we're both right (or wrong). So there you go.....depends on which evaluation/rating you want to use. Then again, that's often the way it is.

The one thing I don't understand is why you feel I was personally attacking you when I asked the question/made the statement; as it had nothing to do with you as a person, fan, poster or whatnot? I also fail to see how this is somehow being disrespectful to Luke Ford. I've never, ever said anything at all derogatory toward the young man. In fact, if you've even bothered to check any of my comments such as the one containing Richard Davenport's interview with Luke and his family several days ago you will find I was very complimentary of how they've all handled his recruiting. One more than one occasion I've also stated how excited I am about what I think is a GREAT commitment for our program. So in light of all this how can one possibly infer that by merely stating he's a three star on at least one recruiting site that I'm some how being disrepectful or somehow bashing the young man? Nothing could be further than the truth.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on March 19, 2017, 03:31:19 pm
ballistic? this? you got triggered and my post even had smiley faces and didnt attack you. I even said you could be doing it subconsciously. That's what poorlilolearkiesawsyndrome is. You got it and are mad about it lmao.naw, your response was snowflake mode.telling me to eat xaax lol.
Please interpret in any known and recognizable human language.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Adam Stokes on March 15, 2017, 05:36:29 pm
Dang, bump Luke Ford up 20 spots from 347 to 327 and we'll match our amount of 4-stars from last season with just 4 commits. Kudos to the coaching and welcome BJ!

The kids Vertical is amazing.!! He's gonna be a football grabbin TE that loves to hit too.!!
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on March 19, 2017, 11:07:36 pm
The kids Vertical is amazing.!! He's gonna be a football grabbin TE that loves to hit too.!!
No doubt about it. Yep, I suspect he's going to be a HUGE get.

Mike_e

I'm glad we can all agree on somethin anyway.  We'll be calling his name and grinning about in no time.
The best "one thing" for a happy life?
Just be the best person that you can manage.  Right Now!

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Mike_e on March 20, 2017, 03:40:56 am
I'm glad we can all agree on somethin anyway.  We'll be calling his name and grinning about in no time.
I have no doubt that is the one thing we can all agree on.

Hogs49ers

I found an interview he did discussing his commitment and the reporter asked him if he was going to start recruiting players like the other Hog commits and here is what he said -

Are you going to start recruiting other players to join you at Arkansas?
"Yes, sir. I'm talking to Kelan Walker trying to get him to change his mind to get onboard."

Does anyone know anything about Kelan?  He appears to be a 4 star RB committed to Houston from the same HS.  #2 RB in Texas, would be a great get! WPS!
SCREW Vandy!

Peter Porker

Quote from: staffhog on March 16, 2017, 08:44:03 pm
He is on DeSoto's track team, does anyone know his event/events??  I plan on checking this young man at some meets coming up here in DFW

According to milesplit he high jumps with a best of 6-6, 100m with a best of 11.16, and 110h. He may also run on relays as welll.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Hogs49ers on March 21, 2017, 03:31:01 am
I found an interview he did discussing his commitment and the reporter asked him if he was going to start recruiting players like the other Hog commits and here is what he said -

Are you going to start recruiting other players to join you at Arkansas?
"Yes, sir. I'm talking to Kelan Walker trying to get him to change his mind to get onboard."

Does anyone know anything about Kelan?  He appears to be a 4 star RB committed to Houston from the same HS.  #2 RB in Texas, would be a great get! WPS!
oh, snap. need to get Devwah's unc on him stat.