Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Luke Ford

Started by Trey1981, March 14, 2017, 12:02:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Trey1981

...has committed to the University of Arkansas!!! WPS!! HUGE get!  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

100%Razorback

ricepig

Hog in Iowa

Very, very nice pickup!  Another young man who understands the great opportunity he has to play for the Razorbacks... and took it.  Welcome to you, Luke, and your family to the Hog family!
The border town shook my hand, it was the gateway to some other land.
The border town is the great divide, just the gateway to some other side.
I got to get across. ~ Chris Whitley

forrest city joe

Great job by coach B and his staff.beat out Alabama,OU,FL and UGA for this young man.this is a big time get.

I mustache you a question

"I have 2 weapons; my arms, my legs and my brain." – Michael Vick

The_Iceman

Only a 3-star with those offers?

The_Boot_stops_here

Awesome.  Great offer list. Staff did work on this one.

King Kong

Peter Porker

Quote from: The_Iceman on March 14, 2017, 12:43:37 pm

They must have known he was going to commit to Arkansas. Got to hand it to them, recruiting gurus are getting good at their craft.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

ThisTeetsTaken

So far so good with this class.  Getting some quality players from the looks of things.
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

FrozenHam

Congratulations to Luke Ford and the Razorback football team!  This is a promising partnership.  WPS.

theshiva

Such a monster start to this class.

Hogfan46

89pt 3star. Would be very surprised if he doesn't end up a 4 star.

Hoggish1

Great job, Luke.  Welcome to the Hog family! WPS

Hoggish1

Will move up early in his senior year!

navyhog24

or get the "Arkansas bump" down

ARtillahog

Some are expecting BJ Hanspard 4* ATH(6'0" 170) to commit soon as well.

JoeHawg

Great news   Welcome to the Hogs!
Once a Hog Always a Hog

COCHISE

Congrats to Noland. He just got himself a big ole target.

GoHogzzGo

Whoa, great start to this class wow wow. Woo Pig.
Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.

Sivad

Quote from: forrest city joe on March 14, 2017, 12:17:24 pm
Great job by coach B and his staff.beat out Alabama,OU,FL and UGA for this young man.this is a big time get.
It sure is. WPS

Hogberry Snortcake

moto625

Great pickup and kid WPS. Don't be shocked if there is a bump down though as usual.

Birminghog

Quote from: King Kong on March 14, 2017, 12:44:27 pm
For a bunch of guys from OK SECCountry does a good job

Wait a minute, now. Okla and Muskogee do a pretty fair job, too.

Hoggish1

Quote from: navyhog24 on March 14, 2017, 02:01:03 pm

Sorry but that is just a dumb statement.

Hoggish1

Quote from: navyhog24 on March 14, 2017, 02:01:03 pm

Sorry but that is just a dumb statement.
Quote from: moto625 on March 14, 2017, 05:37:37 pm
Great pickup and kid WPS. Don't be shocked if there is a bump down though as usual.

Can you provide proof of such a thing?

Dropkick

Welcome aboard Ford!

ricepig

I saw this tweet from Anderson around noon, it makes sense now, lol.

https://twitter.com/OLINEPRIDE/status/841690673866768384

pigture perfect

Awesome. Welcome Mr. Ford.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

lumphog

OnTheHillHogFan

Quote from: ricepig on March 14, 2017, 07:32:39 pm
I saw this tweet from Anderson around noon, it makes sense now, lol.

https://twitter.com/OLINEPRIDE/status/841690673866768384
He does in fact drive a Ford van. I've seen him around Fayetteville several times.
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

AugustaHog

Good job by Anderson as I'm guessing he was the lead recruiter here. Hell of a start to this class.

onebadrubi

Quote from: OnTheHillHogFan on March 14, 2017, 10:38:54 pm
He does in fact drive a Ford van. I've seen him around Fayetteville several times.

Haha. Someone has to have a lineman joke I. There somewhere... Ponderin must be slacking in his old age

TheRazorback500

WPS! Nice get.

:razorback:
Do you wanna get Rocked?

3kgthog

Quote from: ARtillahog on March 14, 2017, 02:10:26 pm
Some are expecting BJ Hanspard 4* ATH(6'0" 170) to commit soon as well.

Good genes with this guy. His pops was a Doak Walker winner, All-American, etc. Who knows if the predictions to his dad's alma mater are accurate. It seems like they're wrong 60% of the time.

Reservoir Hogs

Great size
6'7" 250lbs and looks skinny.  Kid will be a beast

http://247sports.com/Player/Luke-Ford-46037882

SamBuckhart

WOOO PIG, Mr. Luke Ford!!!
BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

ricepig

Sounds like he almost wasn't coming, and get rid of those bugs, or hotel!

https://twitter.com/Shadid13/status/842408341506822147

dqhog

Really good interview from his hometown ESPN station.  https://t.co/7pTMdy599e

hawgmasta

Been busy with work and basketball, TE U!

prattville pig

Life's too short to last long.

Vantage 8 dude

March 17, 2017, 06:32:38 pm #42 Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 11:00:28 pm by Vantage 8 dude
In listening to his interview yesterday Richard D. asked him a question about why he chose the Hogs. Amongst the several reasons given was the ACTUAL use of the TE under CBB and others. What I really enjoyed was the comment that he made about his interaction with Saban who was also keen in securing Luke's pledge. Ford basically said (paraphrasing here) that when asked about 'Bama's use of the position ole Nick admitted that in the future they INTENDED to use the TE more.

Obviously Luke is far too intelligent to buy into the "I'll promise you anything now to secure your commitment; in the future though I likely won't recall that conversation even took place". Good for young Mr. Ford. Great head on his shoulders.  :) :D ;D

flagstaffhog

Go HOGS Go!

bennyl08

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on March 17, 2017, 06:32:38 pm
In listening to his interview yesterday Richard D. asked him a question about why he chose the Hogs. Amongst the several reasons given was the ACTUAL use of the TE under CBB and others. What I really enjoyed was the comment that he made about his interaction with Saban who was also keen in securing Luke's pledge. Ford basically said (paraphrasing here) that when asked about 'Bama's use of the position ole Nick admitted that in the future they INTENDED to use the TE more.

Obviously Luke is far too intelligent to buy into the "I'll promise you anything now to secure your commitment; in the future though I likely won't recall that conversation even took place". Good for young Mr. Ford. Great head on his shoulders.  :) :D ;D

In sabans defense  :puke:

rumor is pretty strong that they are heading back towards their roots with a power offense. So, they likely will be at leaving how more TE's out on the field and more often.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

hawgwash

Quote from: bennyl08 on March 19, 2017, 02:03:38 am

rumor is pretty strong that they are heading back towards their roots with a power offense. So, they likely will be at leaving how more TE's out on the field and more often.
Benny, I read this and was scratching my head to figure out what you were saying.  Then I looked at the time of your post and figured that explained it.
;)

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: bennyl08 on March 19, 2017, 02:03:38 am

Perhaps. Then again, there is a reason that the old adage of "talk is cheap" has survived throughout the ages. Apparently Luke wasn't ready to buy into Saban's spiel. "Putting your money where your mouth is" was obviously another nugget of wisdom that he valued more than (perhaps) empty promises.

ricepig

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on March 19, 2017, 11:58:04 am
http://www.scout.com/college/football/recruiting/story/1762787-razorbacks-pull-4-star-te-out-of-illinois
quit linking from sites who havent properly evaluated LF. Stick to the guys who actually bothered to watch his tape.
http://www.scout.com/college/football/recruiting/story/1762787-razorbacks-pull-4-star-te-out-of-illinois

I'm sorry, I didn't realize you knew which services have watched him, lol. I doesn't matter on the rankings, his offers tell all that one needs to know.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: ricepig on March 19, 2017, 12:45:50 pm
I'm sorry, I didn't realize you knew which services have watched him, lol. I doesn't matter on the rankings, his offers tell all that one needs to know.
How very true. Yep, in my opinion the OFFERS are the true test of the kid's talent. One advice though. IF you don't assign a minimum of a 4 star rating on the young man ole Pokey Pig will become both highly incensed and offended. He feels that anything less is not only a personal affront to both he and Luke, but a direct insult to the state of Arkansas (as in poor little ole us). You most definitely don't want to incur his wrath and scorn 'cause you won't be able to sleep out night due to the shame.