Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I watched UCA today against SFA and I came away impressed

Started by nwahogfan1, March 12, 2017, 05:36:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

nwahogfan1

I like the way the Lady Coach of UCA got after her players.   They played hard and smart basketball. She was really getting on to them during one time out which I really like  and I think players like also as long as her players  think they are being treated fairly.  I like the way She coached them to play a tough Man defense.   

I wonder if she is in the top 5.

psycHOGlogist

Great job by the Sugar Bears! Hope they make some noise in the tournament!

nwahogfan1

Even though I like the way she coached I do not think she would bring the WOW factor we need if we are going to recruit nationally.

So I hope we can get a Coach from a P5 conference.   

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on March 14, 2017, 09:30:29 pm
Even though I like the way she coached I do not think she would bring the WOW factor we need if we are going to recruit nationally.

So I hope we can get a Coach from a P5 conference.   

Agree and disagree.  While the Wow factor is definitely important, with the level of instate talent in WBB would her time in Arkansas and relationship with high school coaches, AAU teams, etc that she must have help in keeping the top talent in state?  If so that could possibly outweigh a national rep if she can combine that instate talent with solid coaching which it looks like she has.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.