Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rodgerick Brown 2018

Started by Tusks, March 12, 2017, 12:24:01 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Tusks

Never mind found the thread.

Did a Hogville search and nothing came up.

247 shows him a 100% Hogs for 2018, he's close to a top 100 player out of Memphis.

Is this information legit?

http://247sports.com/Player/Rodgerick-Brown-92331

sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

FineAsSwine

Quote from: tusked on March 12, 2017, 12:24:01 am

247 shows him a 100% Hogs for 2018, he's close to a top 100 player out of Memphis.

Is this information legit?

http://247sports.com/Player/Rodgerick-Brown-92331

Interest level shows him to be "cool" towards the Hogs but crystal ball has him 100% Hog. Which one is it?
Hogs up! Covid down!

NWAHog479

Anybody have an update on Rod Brown?

The_Iceman

rzrbackramsfan

rzrbackramsfan

I'm pretty sure we'd end up top 8 in class rankings if we got Brown.  For 2017, Bama is ranked 4th with an average rating of 95 and 5 commits.  If we got Brown we'd be rated an average of 95 with 5 commits. 

Waldron_Hog

Are Rod and Zhaire 1a and 1b for that spot?

OnTheHillHogFan

Quote from: Waldron_Hog on March 26, 2017, 04:03:19 pm
Are Rod and Zhaire 1a and 1b for that spot?
No. They are a year apart and we have scholarships available for both.
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

Dominicanhog

Quote from: OnTheHillHogFan on March 26, 2017, 04:11:16 pm
No. They are a year apart and we have scholarships available for both.

I wonder how the DJ Weaver situation fits with RB... seems Mike likes DJ and not sure where another scholly will come from...

Swinesong1

Quote from: Dominicanhog on March 27, 2017, 06:30:27 am
I wonder how the DJ Weaver situation fits with RB... seems Mike likes DJ and not sure where another scholly will come from...
As it stands today, Hogs have two slots left for 2018 class and one for 2017 class.  Room for both.

hogwood

Quote from: Swinesong1 on March 27, 2017, 06:50:36 am
As it stands today, Hogs have two slots left for 2018 class and one for 2017 class.  Room for both.

But rather than using the 3 schollies on 3 wings (Smith, Brown, and Weaver) - we should at least get a PG and or another big. So its a tough decision for the staff IMO. I think we go with best available now to make the best team possible for next season, then re-evaluate recruits for the remaining two spots in 2018 while seeing who else pops out this summer.

The_Iceman

Quote from: hogwood on March 27, 2017, 08:51:52 am
But rather than using the 3 schollies on 3 wings (Smith, Brown, and Weaver) - we should at least get a PG and or another big. So its a tough decision for the staff IMO. I think we go with best available now to make the best team possible for next season, then re-evaluate recruits for the remaining two spots in 2018 while seeing who else pops out this summer.

Agreed. Have to land another big in 2017 or 2018, unless we get a grad transfer.

PG isn't as big of a need if you have really good combo guards like Barford and Macon, but it would be nice to land one.

NWAHog479

Quote from: The_Iceman on March 27, 2017, 08:57:38 am
Agreed. Have to land another big in 2017 or 2018, unless we get a grad transfer.

PG isn't as big of a need if you have really good combo guards like Barford and Macon, but it would be nice to land one.

Who are the possible bigs though? I know they were looking at the Canadian kid down in LR, would love to get the Kanter kid for one year.

Hawg Red

Quote from: NWAHog479 on March 27, 2017, 09:24:02 am
Who are the possible bigs though? I know they were looking at the Canadian kid down in LR, would love to get the Kanter kid for one year.

Mladen Armus at SW Christian as well.

East TN HAWG

Quote from: Swinesong1 on March 27, 2017, 06:50:36 am
I thought Justice Hill was trying to graduate early.  If he does, do we keep the second scholarship in 2018 open for hill at semester? 

OnTheHillHogFan

Quote from: East TN HAWG on March 27, 2017, 11:22:15 am
I thought Justice Hill was trying to graduate early.  If he does, do we keep the second scholarship in 2018 open for hill at semester?
Fitz Hill said that wasn't happening on DriveTime several months ago.
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

NWAHog479

East TN HAWG

Quote from: OnTheHillHogFan on March 27, 2017, 01:24:45 pm

Thanks

tophawg19

we need another Big even if it's a walk on . if he can bring 4 or 5 minutes to the game , At least he would help with practice time .We need another big body for practice
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

ShadowHawg

Quote from: OnTheHillHogFan on March 27, 2017, 01:24:45 pm

Not at all what I heard him say. He said that it was a real possibility but that he personally would like to see his son get to experience what hs offers outside of sports, graduation ceremony, prom, etc.

But he said he would let him if the team needed him.

Hawg Red

Quote from: NWAHog479 on March 27, 2017, 03:31:44 pm
Is Armus any good?

I think he'd be a good depth piece down low. Similar to what Trey brings. He's a true big man.

NWAHog479

Quote from: Hawg Red on March 28, 2017, 10:35:03 am
I think he'd be a good depth piece down low. Similar to what Trey brings. He's a true big man.

MaxPreps shows that he averaged 7.5 PPG & 5.0 RPB as a senior this year? Is that true? If so, this guy is not a D1 player at all.

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: NWAHog479 on March 28, 2017, 10:48:39 am
MaxPreps shows that he averaged 7.5 PPG & 5.0 RPB as a senior this year? Is that true? If so, this guy is not a D1 player at all.

He has never not averaged a double/double since his Freshmen year....you sure its the same RODGERICK BROWN that's a JUNIOR

By the way...I love your avatar!!!

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

NWAHog479

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on March 28, 2017, 04:52:59 pm
He has never not averaged a double/double since his Freshmen year....you sure its the same RODGERICK BROWN that's a JUNIOR

By the way...I love your avatar!!!

I was talking about Armus when I mentioned the 7.5 & 5... I'm a HUGE Rod Brown fan, kid is a monster. Thanks, Macon Bacon!

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: NWAHog479 on March 28, 2017, 05:16:02 pm
I was talking about Armus when I mentioned the 7.5 & 5... I'm a HUGE Rod Brown fan, kid is a monster. Thanks, Macon Bacon!

Oh well on that (Armus) I most definitely agree...he's no
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Hawg Red

Quote from: NWAHog479 on March 28, 2017, 10:48:39 am

It also says that is for 2 games played. He obviously played more than 2 games as a senior.

This is from January:

http://www.sportinglifearkansas.com/mladen-armus-draws-recruiting-attention-hogs-red-wolves/

QuoteMladen Armus is a 6-9 power forward / center who is big, strong, and knows how to use his frame to clear out space inside for rebounds and scoring opportunities. Not a leaper, but moves well laterally and is active. He's also skilled enough to play facing the basket, and shows good vision passing down low from the high post and passing to cutters when he is posted down low.

Armus, who arrived to SCA in August by way of Serbia, seems to be acclimating to his teammates and Baker's system well, and has gone on a recent run of putting up double-doubles as the Lions have played strong competition through 6 games in the TCAL.

NWAHog479

Enough about Armus, back to Brown... I feel like he can be a lockdown defender and an absolute monster on the boards as a wing. The guy is already built like a grown man and we need to get as many Memphis kids as possible to grow that recruiting pipeline. He shut down John Petty who was committed to Kentucky but is now going to Alabama. 27 & 11 for Brown, held Petty to 13.

ShadowHawg

Quote from: NWAHog479 on March 29, 2017, 10:11:59 am
Enough about Armus, back to Brown... I feel like he can be a lockdown defender and an absolute monster on the boards as a wing. The guy is already built like a grown man and we need to get as many Memphis kids as possible to grow that recruiting pipeline. He shut down John Petty who was committed to Kentucky but is now going to Alabama. 27 & 11 for Brown, held Petty to 13.

I like Brown's motor. High motor is a skill set not many talk about.

Hawg Red

Quote from: NWAHog479 on March 29, 2017, 10:11:59 am

John Petty signed with Alabama.

I wonder why Anderson and staff are not going after Brown harder. It seems like we could have gotten him on board by now if they really wanted to. He's the kind of player I'd love to see in a Hog uniform.

ShadowHawg

Quote from: Hawg Red on March 29, 2017, 02:02:56 pm

I wonder why Anderson and staff are not going after Brown harder. It seems like we could have gotten him on board by now if they really wanted to. He's the kind of player I'd love to see in a Hog uniform.

I think he has been pretty adamant about not commuting until after the summer. He had taken several unofficials here so someone is working him.

Hawg Red

Quote from: ShadowHawg on March 29, 2017, 08:47:45 pm
I think he has been pretty adamant about not commuting until after the summer. He had taken several unofficials here so someone is working him.

I read that his offer may not be committable at this time, or at least wasn't a few months ago. It's just a little odd for a player to say he has a leader for a long time but that he is waiting to commit. Obviously he's being recruited but it just seems like we hear more about other players' recruitment. Have the coaches even done an in-home with Brown? We know they've done one with Zhaire Smith.

Razorod

Quote from: Hawg Red on March 29, 2017, 02:02:56 pm

Perhaps they're waiting to see how DJ Williams-Weaver looks after knee surgery. That fact that he's playing for the Hawks this summer may be telling us something.
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

NWAHog479

No way Weaver can hang with Rod Brown. I'm shocked that there are not more schools knocking on his door. If only we could get him on the court next year!

jjdlc

Quote from: Hawg Red on March 29, 2017, 09:35:07 pm
I read that his offer may not be committable at this time, or at least wasn't a few months ago. It's just a little odd for a player to say he has a leader for a long time but that he is waiting to commit. Obviously he's being recruited but it just seems like we hear more about other players' recruitment. Have the coaches even done an in-home with Brown? We know they've done one with Zhaire Smith.

The idea that his offer isn't/wasn't committable is pure message board speculation based on the fact that he hasn't committed yet even though he seems to be really high on the Hogs.

ShadowHawg

Quote from: NWAHog479 on March 30, 2017, 11:35:39 am
No way Weaver can hang with Rod Brown. I'm shocked that there are not more schools knocking on his door. If only we could get him on the court next year!

When Weaver was healthy he looked ELITE to me.

Hawg Red

Quote from: jjdlc on March 30, 2017, 12:01:35 pm
The idea that his offer isn't/wasn't committable is pure message board speculation based on the fact that he hasn't committed yet even though he seems to be really high on the Hogs.

You sure about that?

This poster made another good point. Why aren't more P5 programs on this kid? It's reasonable to believe he may not have a committable offer when you look at his offer list. Looks like Arkansas and Tennessee are his best offers.

Again, I'm Team Rodgerick Brown 100%. I think he's a stone-cold stud and I want him in the 2018 class ASAP, but his recruitment has been odd to me.

Kevin McPherson

On Rodgerick Brown, he is still under "evaluation" and unless something has changed since Tuesday night, his offer is still not committable. "Evaluation" is a coverall for all sorts of things, not just about the on-court performance of just that one player. I'm not going to spill specifics because it would not be appropriate.

As for the post that said something to the effect of "no way Weaver can hang with Brown", they're projected similar position but their games are very different. Yes, both are 6-6 / 6-7 and listed as SFs, but Brown has been more of an interior player and rim-crasher (a la Adrio Bailey, who as of now is a 4 in Hogs' system), whereas Weaver has more of a face-up game and range out to the 3-point line. The only thing keeping Weaver from being elite, IMO, is the knee injury that has been slow to recover from. That's an issue that must be factored in, and both players are worthy of 4-star status, so just depends on what CMA decides fits needs best. The fact the Hogs offered Zhaire Smith and continue to evaluate Gabe Osabuohien means they have multiple options in the 3/4-combo-forward realm.

ShadowHawg

If Weaver's health isn't an issue, I would take him every day of the week and twice on Sundays.

He looked explosive before the injury.

poloprince

Weaver was a top 10 talent before his injury.
$PoLoPrInCe$

navyhog24

You all should read the latest article on wholehogsports. It has a part about Weaver. Basically, Weaver says that of the chemistry is good with the Hawks this summer then he doesn't see the point in changing in that and will continue that with the current Hawks commit in being a Hog himself. He said he loves how he feels like a part of family. If the chemistry is good with the Hawks players this summer, he'll be a Hog.

Hawg Red

I love that, while fans appear split on preference with some of these players, we are looking at some really good options for the final spots for the 2018 class. Going to be a massive class for the program, following what some are calling Anderson's best class in the 2017 class.

NWAHog479

I do love Rod Brown, but I think that says a lot about DJ Weaver taking the initiative to come play with the Hawks and develop a chemistry with these other guys. We're in a good spot right now as far as recruiting goes!

The Hogfather

Quote from: NWAHog479 on March 31, 2017, 09:18:05 am
I do love Rod Brown, but I think that says a lot about DJ Weaver taking the initiative to come play with the Hawks and develop a chemistry with these other guys. We're in a good spot right now as far as recruiting goes!

I agree!  That's a great sign.  Of course, so was Monk moving to Bentonville.  :(

Is DJ a legit top talent? 

Hawg Red

Quote from: The Hogfather on March 31, 2017, 09:20:05 am
I agree!  That's a great sign.  Of course, so was Monk moving to Bentonville.  :(

Is DJ a legit top talent?

It is my understanding that he was very highly rated early on in his high school career (take that FWIW) but the injury has taken him out of the spotlight for the last couple of seasons. He played this year but was working is way back from the injury.

Kevin McPherson

Dominicanhog

The way RB situation has gone, makes me wonder if DJ's not who Mike is waiting on.. if he's healthy and back on his game, he'll be the one...