Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Saturday Rain

Started by WhenPigsFly, March 08, 2017, 10:56:46 am

Previous topic - Next topic

WhenPigsFly

Saturday is looking like a probable washout. Do you think a doubleheader might be scheduled on Friday or Sunday? Personally, I would like to see a doubleheader Friday starting about noon.

Earnhardt

I agree I would like to see a double header Friday. Noon might be early to start on a Friday but I could see them doing 1 and 4:30 which would allow the game to finish in time for people to watch the basketball game at 8:30

jap66

Quote from: WhenPigsFly on March 08, 2017, 10:56:46 am
Saturday is looking like a probable washout. Do you think a doubleheader might be scheduled on Friday or Sunday? Personally, I would like to see a doubleheader Friday starting about noon.
Can a week day game start before 3:00?
I was under the impression it can't because of classes

BroyledNutts

The advanced forecast (for whatever it's worth) shows the rain moving out of NWA by about 2pm or so ... if that actually happens, they could start around 3-4pm, providing the field is in playable shape.

It will be cold, however.

TikiHog

wind chills below freezing...why would you risk losing another arm

ricepig

TikiHog

wish they would have started earlier because of Basketball

ricepig

Quote from: TikiHog on March 09, 2017, 01:49:51 pm
wish they would have started earlier because of Basketball

The basketball game won't start until 9ish, these things always get pushed back, OT and TO's, haha.

WhenPigsFly

Quote from: jap66 on March 09, 2017, 12:22:10 pm
Can a week day game start before 3:00?
I was under the impression it can't because of classes

This must be correct.  Why else would they not start the DH earlier?

TikiHog

the 6 game will be over 8 or a little after then the Hogs 30 minutes after I would say 8:45 latest start

woodrow hog call

Quote from: WhenPigsFly on March 08, 2017, 10:56:46 am

Good call on your part, even though they didn't agree with you on the time, still a good idea.
"I hate rude behavior in a man, I won't tolerate it"

WhenPigsFly

Quote from: woodrow hog call on March 09, 2017, 04:30:13 pm
Good call on your part, even though they didn't agree with you on the time, still a good idea.

Thanks!  It's a shame they're not, or not allowed to, play the extra game in the nice part of the day.