Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Outlaw Ron Bass Dead at 68

Started by DeltaBoy, March 08, 2017, 09:58:21 am

Previous topic - Next topic

DeltaBoy

http://www.pwmania.com/wwe-comments-on-ron-bass-passing-away#prettyPhoto

"Outlaw" Ron Bass passes away
WWE is saddened to learn that Ronald Heard, known to sports-entertainment fans as "Outlaw" Ron Bass, has passed away at the age of 68.
Debuting in 1975, the tough Texan performed in several NWA territories, including Jim Crockett Promotions and Florida Championship Wrestling.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2696736-former-wwe-star-outlaw-ron-bass-dies-at-age-68
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

DeltaBoy

Once Bass' wrestling career came to an end, he earned his bachelor's degree from Arkansas State University and started to work as a sales representative for a construction supply company in Florida, per Hoffman.

He was born in Harrison Ar and attended ASU!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

rzrbkman

Quote from: DeltaBoy on March 08, 2017, 10:01:02 am
   Once Bass' wrestling career came to an end, he earned his bachelor's degree from Arkansas State University and started to work as a sales representative for a construction supply company in Florida, per Hoffman.

He was born in Harrison Ar and attended ASU!
.                                                                                           He was born in Harrisburg, not Harrison.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: rzrbkman on March 21, 2017, 12:15:32 pm
.                                                                                           He was born in Harrisburg, not Harrison.

Thanks for the correction. He was meaner than at Alligator Snapping Turtle.

LittlePigMan

This confused me at first because I had always thought his name was Don Bass. Did a little digging and found out that there was a Ron and a Don Bass.

http://wrestlingnewscenter.blogspot.ca/2016/09/memphis-wrestling-legend-outlaw-don.html

elvis26

;D he grew up in trumann Arkansas. his daughter lives in Jonesboro Arkansas and works at st bernards hospital.

Medic821

My dad went to school with Ronnie.  Nicest man u could ever meet.

GuvHog

As a boy I can remember Ron and Don as a tag team managed by a woman called "Maw" Bass. She always had a loaded purse and would whack wrestlers over the head with it.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

DeltaBoy

Quote from: GuvHog on October 20, 2017, 01:51:33 pm
As a boy I can remember Ron and Don as a tag team managed by a woman called "Maw" Bass. She always had a loaded purse and would whack wrestlers over the head with it.

Yes she would meaner than the boys.

husker71

On youtube go to Nwa Championship from Florida 83-84 and they have 6 hours of action and Ron Bass seems to be the lead on this programs(s)    Lots about his feud with Barry Windham  if you have nothing to do you can take a look at this.

DeltaBoy

I love Youtube cause you can find nearly everything from your Childhood .

Medic821

Ronnie Heard was a good man.. known family all my life.

DeltaBoy