Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Two words for Lady Razorbacks

Started by Gladstonesmoans, March 07, 2017, 10:30:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Gladstonesmoans

jackflash

Dwight_K_Shrute

Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

nwahogfan1

Quote from: Gladstonesmoans on March 07, 2017, 10:30:00 pm
Joe Foley--Perfect fit!

I think Coach Foley is probable a great coach but can he recruit at the highest level?   Lots of good mid level coaches can not recruit past their last job.  I do not know the answer but I sure hope we can go after a HC who is winning at a higher level than UALR.  THis is a very high level job.    We should of never hired Dykes who had no track record other than his voice on ESPN..  Hugh risk which failed miserably.  Lets see how this thing shakes down and who is interested. 

JJHog

" Think Right, Do Right"

farfromgroovins

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on March 08, 2017, 04:40:34 pm
I think Coach Foley is probable a great coach but can he recruit at the highest level?   Lots of good mid level coaches can not recruit past their last job.  I do not know the answer but I sure hope we can go after a HC who is winning at a higher level than UALR.  THis is a very high level job.    We should of never hired Dykes who had no track record other than his voice on ESPN..  Hugh risk which failed miserably.  Lets see how this thing shakes down and who is interested.

From what I've seen the last 3 years, take Foley's UALR teams, put them in Razorback jerseys, and that would have gotten more wins than Dykes did. His UALR teams have won first round NCAAt games in the past against higher seeded teams and given some a run for their money. He wouldn't have to recruit at a much higher level than he is now to get some wins out of a team.
I'm not saying it would be the powerhouse like UALR is in the Sun Belt but he will coach his team up and they will play solid D.

I would like to see it (and I'm a UALR grad but a Hog fan at heart) but I don't think he would go.