Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Re: Dykes Resigns as Head Women’s Basketball Coach

Started by Timfromlittlerockhog, March 03, 2017, 04:17:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Timfromlittlerockhog

The_Iceman

Quote from: Timfromlittlerockhog on March 03, 2017, 04:17:36 pm
One more bad coaching hire by Jeff.

Name the other ones, and support your opinion with some facts.

Jimmy was a bad hire, but long didn't let him stay long enough to bury the program deeper. High risk, high reward hire, and it failed.

userpick

Quote from: The_Iceman on March 03, 2017, 04:32:35 pm

Jimmy was a bad hire, but long didn't let him stay long enough to bury the program deeper. High risk, high reward hire, and it failed.

Oh please.

Timfromlittlerockhog

Quote from: The_Iceman on March 03, 2017, 04:32:35 pm

CBB has the worst record of any coach in Arkansas football history. Thats a fact. But it won't be enough for you. JD just resigned because he stinks. John L stunk it up.

The_Iceman

Quote from: Timfromlittlerockhog on March 03, 2017, 05:18:41 pm
CBB has the worst record of any coach in Arkansas football history. Thats a fact. But it won't be enough for you. JD just resigned because he stinks. John L stunk it up.

He took over a program that essentially had the death penalty. No recruiting or player development or discipline for over a year.

The last 3 seasons have been pretty good. 6, 8, and 7 wins. Look at how many ranked teams Bielema faces on average compared to past coaches. It is nearly double. The league is a lot tougher than what it used to be, and Arkansas is at one of the biggest disadvantages with our location and recruiting base.

ShadowHawg

Quote from: The_Iceman on March 03, 2017, 06:40:44 pm
He took over a program that essentially had the death penalty. No recruiting or player development or discipline for over a year.

The last 3 seasons have been pretty good. 6, 8, and 7 wins. Look at how many ranked teams Bielema faces on average compared to past coaches. It is nearly double. The league is a lot tougher than what it used to be, and Arkansas is at one of the biggest disadvantages with our location and recruiting base.

He took over program that was one year removed from a top 5 finish, that put 3 guys on the defensive side of the ball in the league in the same draft in his second season, something rarely done at u of a, he is still using quarterbacks from the previous staff.

To say the football program was the equal of the death penalty is beyond hyperbole.

He has lowered expectations in the national media.back to Nutt levels and made the success Petrino had look like a fluke.

So please can we stop with the garbage of claiming he had an extremely difficult task here. Is that why he left Wisconsin? To take over what has been a mediocre program save the Petrino years that was in free fall. If so he is either crazy or dumb.

factchecker

Quote from: ShadowHawg on March 03, 2017, 07:10:31 pm
he is still using quarterbacks from the previous staff.

Austin Allen signed in 2013.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

ShadowHawg

Quote from: factchecker on March 03, 2017, 07:22:26 pm

He committed long before CBB was named the coach. You are playing semantics.

Should probably change your handle if that's the kind of fact checking you do.

factchecker

Quote from: ShadowHawg on March 03, 2017, 07:25:06 pm
He committed long before CBB was named the coach. You are playing semantics.

Should probably change your handle if that's the kind of fact checking you do.

He committed on 5/21/2012.  He could have de-committed and gone elsewhere in the six or so months between then and signing day.

Neither Bobby (fired in April 2012) or John L had any influence on Austin's commitment or development.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

ShadowHawg

Quote from: factchecker on March 03, 2017, 07:29:40 pm
He committed on 5/21/2012.  He could have de-committed and gone elsewhere in the six or so months between then and signing day.

Neither Bobby or John L had any influence on Austin's commitment or development.

Lol.

You were wrong but can't admit it. Now you claim inside knowledge of why he committed. Not to mention your erroneous attempt to claim he was a CBB recruit.

factchecker

Quote from: ShadowHawg on March 03, 2017, 07:33:38 pm
Lol.

You were wrong but can't admit it. Now you claim inside knowledge of why he committed. Not to mention your erroneous attempt to claim he was a CBB recruit.

Where did I say he was a Bielema recruit?

The only thing I said was that Austin signed in 2013.  Here..... I'll quote it for you.

You would have seen this if you would take the time to jump off of Booby's Harley and pull the tailpipe out of your mouth.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

ShadowHawg

Quote from: factchecker on March 03, 2017, 07:46:51 pm
Where did I say he was a Bielema recruit?

The only thing I said was that Austin signed in 2013.  Here..... I'll quote it for you.

You would have seen this if you would take the time to jump off of Booby's Harley and pull the tailpipe out of your mouth.

You said it when you tried to claim him as CBB player instead of a guy recruited and committed before CBB ever was named coach.

Yes, CBB retained him in the class but he didn't have to recruit or offer him. So he was handed off to CBB.

It is fair for you to claim his development though.

Lol. I love it when you CBB sycophants can't admit to the reality of the state of the program and start accusing people of being Petrino worshippers.

You were and are wrong. Deal with it.

factchecker

Quote from: ShadowHawg on March 03, 2017, 07:33:38 pm
Lol.

Furthermore, Austin could have de-committed in the time between his commitment and signing day.  He had some good offers.  I have no clue about how hard Bielema had to recruit Austin to keep him committed.  If I had to guess Austin was coming to Arkansas regardless of who was coach.

The fact is this, Bobby had no part in Austin coming here. Austin wasn't a part of the Shadowhawg "please bring my boy bobby back" fanclub.  He committed to Arkansas not a coach. More importantly Bobby has had no part in Austin's development...... that is all on Enos.

Maybe if you would quit LOL'n and actually used some common sense you would understand those facts.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

factchecker

Quote from: ShadowHawg on March 03, 2017, 07:51:40 pm
You said it when you tried to claim him as CBB player instead of a guy recruited and committed before CBB ever was named coach.

Yes, CBB retained him in the class but he didn't have to recruit or offer him. So he was handed off to CBB.

It is fair for you to claim his development though

WHERE DID I CLAIM HE WAS A CBB PLAYER?

All I said is that he signed in 2013. That is it.

Here..... I'll quote it for you AGAIN:

He didn't sign under Petrino. He committed in May of 2012.  Does that make him a John L player? No, it doesn't.  It makes him an Arkansas player.  Austin committed to THE University of Arkansas not the coach.  Something that you might want to learn about.  It's [CENSORED] weird to be a fan boy of a grown man.  Develop some pride and be a fan of your alma mater.....or at least one school that will accept you as a t-shirt fan.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

ChicoHog

Quote from: factchecker on March 03, 2017, 07:56:38 pm
WHERE DID I CLAIM HE WAS A CBB PLAYER?

All I said is that he signed in 2013. That is it.

Here..... I'll quote it for you AGAIN:

He didn't sign under Petrino. He committed in May of 2012.  Does that make him a John L player? No, it doesn't.  It makes him an Arkansas player.  Austin committed to THE University of Arkansas not the coach.  Something that you might want to learn about.  It's [CENSORED] weird to be a fan boy of a grown man.  Develop some pride and be a fan of your alma mater.....or at least one school that will accept you as a t-shirt fan.
Maybe he was online buying a Louisville T-shirt and got confused. 

Three and Snout

Quote from: factchecker on March 03, 2017, 07:46:51 pm

This is brutally funny.  ;D

PorkRinds

Technically he was a CBB recruit.  If he signed in CBB's first class he was his recruit.

HoggyCat

Blah blah blah. Excuses excuses excuses. Recruiting and player development have very little to do with losing games he had big leads in; not to mention Toledo & Texas Jr High in year three. He has single handedly given away AT LEAST 11 wins, not to mention that auburn debacle last season. But keep writing excuses; he'll, it wouldn't surprise me if before it's all said and done, you blame Otis Douglas. It'll always be someone else's fault but whose it really is.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

1highhog

Besides, to go along with that thought, Bielema actually took over a program that was two years dead in the water, Petrino didn't recruit his final year here, deciding to play volley"balls" with some young lady, and he never paid much attention to defensive recruiting the whole time he was here.  And then recruiting took another huge hit by losing a whole year by the hiring of Smiley Smith.  As Iceman pointed out, Bielema took over a ravaged program, that type of program, basically rebuilding from the ground up in the strongest division of Football in College Football, is near suicide.  I was hugely disappointed in the last two games our team played last season, but I'm optimistic that this coming season will be better than this past season was. 

Steef

Another "I hate Jeff & Bret but love Bobby" derailment.

Instead of deleting it, i thought "Trash" would be a good place for it.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Timfromlittlerockhog on March 03, 2017, 05:18:41 pm
So you're saying that although he was here as HC for only one year that JLS shouldn't be counted as a HC ??? Think you better go back and check YOUR "facts" 'cause that's in the record books.