Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gary Blair Would have still been Arkansas' Womens Basketball Coach

Started by Westcoasthog, March 03, 2017, 10:55:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Westcoasthog

Gary Blair would have still been Arkansas' Women's  Basketball Coach - but the
then Women's Athletic Director Bev Lewis would not renew Gary Blair's contract.   
Bev Lewis had John White to assist in not renewing Gary Blair's contract.  Gary wanted to stay at Arkansas, his wife at that time was a nursing professor and they
owned a home in Fayetteville.  Texas A & M hired Gary Blair and if I am not mistaken
Texas A & M won a National Championship when they were in the Big 12.  This is the
cause and the effect of Arkansas' Women's Basketball program.

logic

Quote from: Westcoasthog on March 03, 2017, 10:55:23 am
     Gary Blair would have still been Arkansas' Women's  Basketball Coach - but the
then Women's Athletic Director Bev Lewis would not renew Gary Blair's contract.   
Bev Lewis had John White to assist in not renewing Gary Blair's contract.  Gary wanted to stay at Arkansas, his wife at that time was a nursing professor and they
owned a home in Fayetteville.  Texas A & M hired Gary Blair and if I am not mistaken
Texas A & M won a National Championship when they were in the Big 12.  This is the
cause and the effect of Arkansas' Women's Basketball program.
And to think that Bev Lewis was recently honored prior to Arkansas' football game against South Carolina .  However, I lay 90% of the blame on John White and his extreme jealousy of Frank Broyles.

Mr. Porkleone

oldfart

Quote from: logic on March 03, 2017, 11:31:20 am
And to think that Bev Lewis was recently honored prior to Arkansas' football game against South Carolina .  However, I lay 90% of the blame on John White and his extreme jealousy of Frank Broyles.

have white to blame for Nutt, Heath et al., and post Blair...  Tuberville and Bill Self both poised to come here

Rzbakfromwaybak

Seems that nearly everything John White was involved in, ended up a problem.
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

Deep Shoat

Quote from: Rzbakfromwaybak on March 03, 2017, 10:47:24 pm
Seems that nearly everything John White was involved in, ended up a problem.
We need to fire whoever hired John White.  He obviously doesn't care about winning.
All Gas, No Brakes!

hog.goblin

Quote from: Deep Shoat on March 04, 2017, 08:03:51 am
We need to fire whoever hired John White.  He obviously doesn't care about winning.

We need to fire John White.  That leech is still a paid employee.

Scott7703

Quote from: hog.goblin on March 04, 2017, 08:31:43 am
We need to fire John White.  That leech is still a paid employee.

John white and Bev Lewis could be the two most worthless administrators ever employeed at the university of Arkansas.

HogFoo

I wonder if Gary would think about coming back to Fayetteville?  They say you can never go back home, but if I'm not mistaken they still have a home here.  So why not try to rehire him?  He's got a few more good years ahead of him.  I thougjt it was a huge e mistake when Bev Lewis got rid of him.  John white needs to be throat punched for all the bad mjo he brought down on us.
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Scott7703 on March 04, 2017, 09:08:14 am

John white and Bev Lewis could be the two most worthless administrators ever employeed at the university of Arkansas.

John boy White needed to be fired years ago, And Bev Lewis set the girls program back a half of a decade.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

jjsam

Gary Blair never wanted to leave Arkansas!  He is a class act!! Would still be here if JW & Bev Lewis knew anything about Ark sports.  remember John White unlocked the "Golden Handcuffs" for HDN??  3 millon??? then he went to OM next day!! :razorback:

oldfart

John White was an insecure person who probably never even played ping pong in his life yet he thought he was an expert in hiring coaches.   he and bev lewis screwed the womens bb program by letting gary blair go and then hiring a woman who was totally clueless.  his actions in hiring Nutt (when tuberville was ready to come here ) or heath (when bill self was ready to go) set football and mens BB back big time...  im not sure if he is still on the faculty but thats something else....  kept his admin salary (as they all do) and back to a teaching position