Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sad Sooner Fans

Started by pigbreath, February 25, 2017, 10:23:31 am

Previous topic - Next topic

pigbreath

"Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. THAT'S relativity." - Albert Einstein

HiggiePiggy

Heh. Public intox. So what actually happen?
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

woodhog14

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on February 25, 2017, 10:26:25 am
Heh. Public intox. So what actually happen?

Also fleeing, resisting arrest, and disorderly conduct.

Wonder what he was doing in Fayetteville?

code red

"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

GolfnHog

arrested in Fayetteville at 2:56AM for PI, fleeing(felony), disorderly conduct and misdemeanor resisting arrest. Which sounds like he tried to run but still went to jail tired and handcuffed.
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

zane

Quote from: woodhog14 on February 25, 2017, 10:30:29 am

You ever been to Norman?
RIP LSUfan

GolfnHog

Apparently getting arrested!
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

Kenny Sowers

Clay Travis is having a good time with this on twitter.
CMA "We're going to pick them up when they get off the damn bus", in reference to guarding the other team.

King Kong

He is looking at some hard internal punishment from OU. I wouldn't want to be him

#sarcarm

HighcountryHog

Quote from: King Kong on February 25, 2017, 10:55:42 am
He is looking at some hard internal punishment from OU. I wouldn't want to be him

#sarcarm

Like what, no gravy on his mash potatoes at dinner?  Kid is a joke, and so is Stoops for keeping him around.
no bumps, no fat chicks

hawganatic

Arkansas should definitely sign whichever cop caught a fleeing Baker Mayfield. Best defense played by any Razorback this year; Clay Travis (@ClayTravis)

...Good one bro...

RaisinHog

I mean why not just surrender and take your P.I like a man .. hell I had one when I was college but when the cop said stop I did as told spent the night in jail paid my 200 bucks and went on with life

hawgfan4life

OU will be so upset.  They have a zero tolerance for this stuff.  Punishment will be a swift and firm admonishment to not be getting arrested outside of Norman.  He might even be required to provide a public insincere apology.

code red

Quote from: hawganatic on February 25, 2017, 11:00:35 am
Arkansas should definitely sign whichever cop caught a fleeing Baker Mayfield. Best defense played by any Razorback this year; Clay Travis (@ClayTravis)

...Good one bro...
Classic
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

PorkRinds

He was wasted and showing his arse on Dickson. When the cops showed up he tried to run.

Smokehouse

SEC police are just too athletic for Big 12 QBs
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

Hayden1865

See some women with all their teeth?
Don't take life too seriously, you'll never make it out alive.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: pigbreath on February 25, 2017, 10:23:31 am
I'll just leave this here...

https://www.so.washington.ar.us/res/Detainee.aspx?bn=4187225

He'll pay his fines. He will pay his punishment within the OU program, be enrolled in a counseling program and he will play next season. Not a big enough deal for any program to rid themselves of a player, especially a QB that is going to lead their offense next season. It wouldn't be any different here.
Go Hogs Go!

GolfnHog

I'm hearing all the Big 12 DC's are wanting film to see how to defense Baker Mayfield as a result of the tackle.

Torqued pork

He should've stayed away from Johnny Football's QB camp.

PorkRinds

jgphillips3

Dang.  Are we so irrelevant as a football program that we have to import other teams stars to get in trouble in Fayetteville? ;)

zane

Word here in Central Oklahoma is that his punishment is going to be severe. Stoops could go as far as benching him for the first series of the OU spring game.

If that happens, it will be the harshest penalty Stoops has ever handed down.
RIP LSUfan

HogsonHicks

I've heard Joe Mixon is laughing at him and he's going to get an award for being arrested with such a minimal set of charges.  This constitutes progress is Sooner-land.

TheRazorback500

Do you wanna get Rocked?

go hogues

Any qb arrested in Fayetteville is da debil. Ask any NFL scout or pundit...
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

Danimal

February 25, 2017, 12:23:42 pm #28 Last Edit: February 25, 2017, 02:33:48 pm by Danimal

...Good one bro...
I can't really argue with Travis on this one -- but he's still a little bitch nonetheless..

ricepig

Quote from: Danimal on February 25, 2017, 12:23:42 pm
I wish I could argue with Travis on this one -- but he's still a little bitch nonetheless..

Well, to be honest, we weren't trying to tackle any inebriated QB's, unless Hill and Kelly were..........

Porkette

Arkansas should definitely sign whichever cop caught a fleeing Baker Mayfield. Best defense played by any Razorback this year; Clay Travis (@ClayTravis

;D  :'(

Couldn't decide whether to laugh or cry at this one. Guess I'll just laugh at the sooners instead.
GO HOGS GO!

hawganatic

All joking aside, unless it's a pattern of behavior for him, this isn't that big of a deal.  Most on this board have been intoxicated in public, and probably shown their ass a few times.

Punished through the courts system, but I wouldn't agree with the school or coach dishing out any type of public punishment for this.

ricepig

Quote from: hawganatic on February 25, 2017, 12:43:21 pm
All joking aside, unless it's a pattern of behavior for him, this isn't that big of a deal.  Most on this board have been intoxicated in public, and probably shown their ass a few times.

Punished through the courts system, but I wouldn't agree with the school or coach dishing out any type of public punishment for this.

How many resisted arrest?

SDZ_Hog

How long will it take to get video out on this? 

factchecker

Quote from: ricepig on February 25, 2017, 12:27:44 pm
Well, to be honest, we weren't trying to tackle any inebriated QB's, unless Hill and Kelly were..........

Kelly was pretty drunk after Santos hit him:

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Porked Tongue

Brent Musburger says he thinks we should give Mayfield the benefit of the doubt and hopes he goes on to make a million dollars.

widespreadsooie

I think his girlfriend goes to the UofA.

factchecker

Quote from: Porkette on February 25, 2017, 12:38:51 pm
;D  :'(

Couldn't decide whether to laugh or cry at this one. Guess I'll just laugh at the sooners instead.

https://twitter.com/DeonStewartx/status/835570816762925058
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Darren DeLoach

Quote from: hawganatic on February 25, 2017, 12:43:21 pm

Lol...what?
My dad would make the drive to beat me. I would hope my coach would make me remember why I would never do it again. And I would think my teammates would let me know how I really let them down. But I'm old and think old ways.
ο λογος υμων παντοτε εν χαριτι αλατι ηρτυμενος ειδεναι πως δει υμας ενι εκαστω αποκρινεσθαι

Calling All Hogs

Sooner players are probably taught to resist arrest and flee as part of freshman orientation. He was likely just following his training.

Hoot72

There is a video making the rounds, of someone picking him up and slamming him to the sidewalk.  They are both fortunate that he was not seriously injured.

BigoBoys

Funny stuff on Twitter

Em➷‏@emily_woodruff  57m57 minutes ago
More
They just showed Baker Mayfield's mugshot on the big screen at Gallagher-Iba

I love my school

ricepig

hobhog

Quote from: ricepig on February 25, 2017, 03:47:09 pm
https://twitter.com/Dedsports/status/835604846875127808

Wow that's brutal. If he's hurt that bouncer is in deep shite too.

Nothing ever good happens after midnight unless you are with your girlfriend.

ricepig

Quote from: hobhog on February 25, 2017, 04:14:25 pm
Wow that's brutal. If he's hurt that bouncer is in deep shite too.

Nothing ever good happens after midnight unless you are with your girlfriend.

Well, he didn't have a neck brace on in his mugshot......

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: ricepig on February 25, 2017, 04:15:40 pm
Well, he didn't have a neck brace on in his mugshot......

It appeared in this video that Mayfield had his head down covering his head with his hands, the bouncer pursued him outside and then the bouncer pile drived him into the pavement when it didn't appear that he was doing anything at all. Now what all happened before that will probably come out but that bouncer might be in trouble for doing what he did in that video when Mayfield had already left the bar. If that was the bouncer, which I assume that it was?
Go Hogs Go!

ricepig

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on February 25, 2017, 04:35:45 pm
It appeared in this video that Mayfield had his head down covering his head with his hands, the bouncer pursued him outside and then the bouncer pile drived him into the pavement when it didn't appear that he was doing anything at all. Now what all happened before that will probably come out but that bouncer might be in trouble for doing what he did in that video when Mayfield had already left the bar. If that was the bouncer, which I assume that it was?

Who knows if it is even Mayfield, it was a person, that's all I could testify to.

BigoBoys

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on February 25, 2017, 04:35:45 pm
We saw 10 seconds of a video, sure there is more to the story. 

Hogs958

who hasn't been busted in Fayetteville for a PI

Gonzo

Quote from: pigbreath on February 25, 2017, 10:23:31 am
I'll just leave this here...

https://www.so.washington.ar.us/res/Detainee.aspx?bn=4187225

Oh wow, saw this earlier today on FB but did not realize it was in Fayetteville

Go Hogs!