Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lighting fast racing surface in Hot Springs for the President's Day card?

Started by HogFanInBryant, February 20, 2017, 08:09:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HogFanInBryant

Sub 1:41 in the Razorback and sub 1:42 in the SW!
On purpose?or just the right amount of light rain and humidity to crank it up?
I don't think we saw the 2nd coming of Curlin today...but still could be a very nice horse.  You gotta think One Liner is the kind who won't take himself out of any races...enough speed to steer clear of the trouble...but can sit off a speedball enough to keep have something left for the final furlong or so!
Thoughts?

kingoftherapids

It's fast.  Arky Breds going 1:10 tells a lot.  That being said, that was very impressive regardless

HogFanInBryant

Quote from: kingoftherapids on February 20, 2017, 09:34:43 pm
It's fast.  Arky Breds going 1:10 tells a lot.  That being said, that was very impressive regardless

The only time Arky Breds should run that fast is in a 5 1/2 furlong race lol.

oldman1015

Arkansas, the left lane state.

userpick

Impressive race yesterday but typical pattern for Pletcher. Not sure that horse will be able to get classic distances but was very impressive yesterday.

hogoffate

I thought One Liner was impressive.  He worked out a good trip and fired down the lane.  I feel a little sorry for Petrov.  He's run two good races and has been 2nd to 2 different horses.  He's a hard tryer, maybe just a cut under to top tier?
Fast track for sure, but no speed bias I don't think.

Who will show up for the Rebel?  What about Uncontested? does he come back and where if he does? or does he drop off the trail?

Questions, questions, love this game at OP !!

kingoftherapids

NO CLUE what Channing Hill was thinking... i think he thought it was a 6.5 furlong race or something. that was as terrible of a pace job as ive seen in a while.

petrov... finished over 8 lengths ahead of third and he was right up with uncontested for the first halfmile... to me he was as impressive as anybody else in the race.

now uncontested has a question mark over his head... i wouldnt be surprised if he he runs good in the arkansas derby. that being said, i think baffert wins another one.

userpick

I think they should've sold uncontested when they had offers of nearly 1 million dollars lol

ghostzapper

110 for Razorback, 102 for Southwest.  Not all world, but not bad.

HogFanInBryant

Quote from: ghostzapper on February 22, 2017, 10:01:22 pm
110 for Razorback, 102 for Southwest.  Not all world, but not bad.

Prediction:
The BeyerSF that wins the Rebel will be 97 or under!