Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

OP President Day thread

Started by mckinneyhog5, February 20, 2017, 01:31:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mckinneyhog5

I'm going to be posting some long shots I've handicapped today. These aren't for the faint of heart and if you are looking for chalk, you came to the wrong thread.

First up Race 2 number 3 Hicks Honey
Why? Won last year about the same time with Luis Q aboard @ 30-1 odds
Why not? Poor trainer % and coming off a layoff.

Honorable mention #6 Lovley Carrie
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

mckinneyhog5

3 finished third and was coming late..

Race 3 # 4 Sophia's Big Girl

Why? Had to reach deep to find a long shot that I liked. ML is interesting to me and thought it should be higher. Compares well with this field and has early speed. 3rd off layoff and should put in a good showing with a chance to win
Why not? Again poor trainer and jockey %
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

mckinneyhog5

Well the 4 couldn't last and finished OTM..

4th race is a maiden race FTS value but looks to be won by a 2nd timer starter.
However, I'm gonna play two FTS, #1 She's got a shot and #3 Sountern Munny.

Why? Like the breeding and inside PP's. Decent trainer and jock on the 1 and just hav a feeling Miiligan with hit with a good priced horse

Why not? Duh it's a maiden race!

mckinneyhog5

That last one hurt..had it down to the 1,3 and 5. Dropped the 5 even though trainer was 25% with FTS. 3 finished 3rd and 1 finished 4th.

mckinneyhog5

6th race #3 Trading Cash and  #8 Grandpas Dream.

mckinneyhog5

7th race just going to play a 1/4 exacta box

mckinneyhog5

8th race #5 Dac

Why? Good speed figures also 2/3 at the distance. Beaten Fav in the last race.
Why not? Trainer has low profile but deceiving numbers.

husker71

I have been burned in and class of maiden races when playing inside post position.  I used to love to play that hoping they would jump out and get a quick lead and go all the way BUT lately not much success doing that.

mckinneyhog5

mckinneyhog5

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: husker71 on February 20, 2017, 04:40:02 pm
I have been burned in and class of maiden races when playing inside post position.  I used to love to play that hoping they would jump out and get a quick lead and go all the way BUT lately not much success doing that.
I look for any advantage in a maiden race. The inside today seems somewhat favorable but to your point it's hard on them to be pressed on the outside most of the race. They tend to fade down the stretch after being pressured. Sometimes traveling the shortest distance in a race will get you the win.