Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

April 25, 2024, 11:39:48 pm

Since I've been gone

Started by rzrbackramsfan, February 20, 2017, 09:14:37 am

Previous topic - Next topic

rzrbackramsfan

Since I was banned after the Missouri game for the harsh way I defended mike after the Missouri game, we lost to Vandy and had beat SC and Ole Miss. 

My question is, to all of those that said mike can't coach and is incompetent, has you opinion changed?

Hawg Red

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on February 20, 2017, 09:14:37 am
Since I was banned after the Missouri game for the harsh way I defended mike after the Missouri game, we lost to Vandy and had beat SC and Ole Miss. 

My question is, to all of those that said mike can't coach and is incompetent, has you opinion changed?

It's been covered in many threads.

The_Iceman

He did something he hasn't shown the ability to do in the last few years, and that is make adjustments. The zone defense has been his biggest coaching decision, and might have saved his job.

Yes, it was incompetent to continually switch on screens 35 feet away from the basket and have Moses and Trey guarding PGs out near half court, leaving easy lay ups and open threes.

The mixing of the trapping with the zone has worked well. Moses and Trey get to stay around the basket and take away the easy shots. Trey and Moses have combined for 11 blocks in the last 2 games. Big change!

Still 4 games left to go, and the end of the 2014 season can't be forgotten.

Dirty

Get banned for defending a coach?  What's next?

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: Dirty on February 20, 2017, 10:09:44 am
Get banned for defending a coach?  What's next?

Lol right? I admit I was pretty harsh against some anti mike posters with what I said.  Wasn't too surprised when I got hit with the ban.

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 20, 2017, 09:59:10 am
He did something he hasn't shown the ability to do in the last few years, and that is make adjustments. The zone defense has been his biggest coaching decision, and might have saved his job.

Yes, it was incompetent to continually switch on screens 35 feet away from the basket and have Moses and Trey guarding PGs out near half court, leaving easy lay ups and open threes.

The mixing of the trapping with the zone has worked well. Moses and Trey get to stay around the basket and take away the easy shots. Trey and Moses have combined for 11 blocks in the last 2 games. Big change!

Nice to hear.  Although as far as not making adjustments, idk about that.  We'd just have to go back and watch every game to tell.

The tourney team did a lot more halfcoourt defense than years before.

I thought it was masterful coaching to get last years team to .500 in sec play last year too. 

bkjbearcat

No. Not at all. I still want MA gone. Great win against SC and Ole Miss. But would anyone be surprised if Arkansas loses in the first round of the SEC tournament and get blown out in the NCAA's? 
B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S BEARCATS, BEARCATS GOOOOOOO BEARCATS!!!!!!!<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Football: 1998, 1999, 2009, 2013, 2015, 2016<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Mens Basketball: 2017, 2019, No.1 team in 2020,2021, 2022

The_Iceman

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on February 20, 2017, 10:23:57 am
I thought it was masterful coaching to get last years team to .500 in sec play last year too.

I dont diagree. But as "masterful" as his on court coaching was, his off court coaching issues is what led to a .500 record. Terrible roster management and recruiting.

The_Iceman

Quote from: bkjbearcat on February 20, 2017, 10:30:16 am
No. Not at all. I still want MA gone. Great win against SC and Ole Miss. But would anyone be surprised if Arkansas loses in the first round of the SEC tournament and get blown out in the NCAA's?

Don't care, as long as we are in the NCAAs.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 20, 2017, 09:59:10 am

why can't it be forgotten? Different team, coach has shown he can change his defense. We can win on the road. Forget it and it will Ben better, you don't want things to haunt you.
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

King Kong

I'm sorry. Listen I like MA. I think he is a better coach than probably most give him credit for.  He appears to have turned this thing around. It took longer than expected. However, if he has truly turned it around I don't care that it took longer than expected

But are you really expecting apologies for him putting us back on the bubble? When we could have just avoided the bubble by not losing to Mizz?

He should not have lost to Mizz

Dirty

Quote from: King Kong on February 20, 2017, 10:47:27 am
I'm sorry. Listen I like MA. I think he is a better coach than probably most give him credit for.  He appears to have turned this thing around. It took longer than expected. However, if he has truly turned it around I don't care that it took longer than expected

But are you really expecting apologies for him putting us back on the bubble? When we could have just avoided the bubble by not losing to Mizz?

He should not have lost to Mizz

Sh|t happens, get over it!

bkjbearcat

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 20, 2017, 10:43:55 am
Don't care, as long as we are in the NCAAs.

But what's the point then? I want consistency. Something that in five years I never got from MA. I want to be consistently in the hunt for the SEC title. I want to consistently  go deep into the SEC tournament. I want to consistently get into the NCAA's. Then I want to consistently go deep into the NCAA's.

The only thing MA is consistent about is he's not consistent at all.   
B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S BEARCATS, BEARCATS GOOOOOOO BEARCATS!!!!!!!<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Football: 1998, 1999, 2009, 2013, 2015, 2016<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Mens Basketball: 2017, 2019, No.1 team in 2020,2021, 2022

hamARchy in the USA

Quote from: bkjbearcat on February 20, 2017, 11:14:04 am
But what's the point then? I want consistency. Something that in five years I never got from MA. I want to be consistently in the hunt for the SEC title. I want to consistently  go deep into the SEC tournament. I want to consistently get into the NCAA's. Then I want to consistently go deep into the NCAA's.

The only thing MA is consistent about is he's not consistent at all.   

Right on.  Step on the court to win every time. Not just enough to make a tourney cameo.

BorderPatrol

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on February 20, 2017, 10:21:32 am
Lol right? I admit I was pretty harsh against some anti mike posters with what I said.  Wasn't too surprised when I got hit with the ban.

You weren't banned for defending the coach. You were banned for being a douchenozzle.

bp

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: BorderPatrol on February 21, 2017, 07:58:18 am
You weren't banned for defending the coach. You were banned for being a douchenozzle.

bp

[CENSORED]!

goodguytex

This basketball season is a marathon, not a sprint. And this team is still learning, adjusting, and the younguns growing up and getting better.

Losing games we shouldn't lose should've been expected by everyone that follow college basketball. That happens, especially on the road. Against anyone a team plays.

It's how we finish that determines how Ma should be judged overall on this season. If we finish well, we may go deep in the tourney and impress some folks and who knows how good we will be next year? If we don't, MA should be held accountable.

goodguytex

And... As is being proven in the Kentucky/Missouri game being played at Mizzou, where Kentucky is up a mere one point at halftime...  Anything can happen to any team when they play on the road, no matter how good or how highly ranked the visiting team is.

Großer Kriegschwein

He's inconsistent. About like Bielema. Hopefully they both figure it out after we've paid so much to develop their coaching skills.
This is my non-signature signature.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.