Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ted Kapita A Possible Transfer?

Started by hogwood, February 18, 2017, 11:06:08 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hogwood

Now that he is evidently eligible to play ball, do you think the staff will reach out to him given the situation at NCST and our need for a true 4 with no clear prospects at this point. He'd have to sit out a year, but the wait could be well worth it.

He's had some good games this year, but overall his minutes have been limited. Sometimes he doesn't play. Not sure why as I haven't followed NCST. He was huge for NCST in their road victory @ Duke with 14 and 10 in only 19 minutes. Looked really good. The previous 2 games he was a DNP and since the Duke game he has scored only 11 pts in 6 games and is averaging about 7 minutes/gm.

Personally I don't think the staff will pursue him. But I wouldn't think it a bad idea if they did. Just wondering what other folks would think of that possibility.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: hogwood on February 18, 2017, 11:06:08 am
Now that he is evidently eligible to play ball, do you think the staff will reach out to him given the situation at NCST and our need for a true 4 with no clear prospects at this point. He'd have to sit out a year, but the wait could be well worth it.

He's had some good games this year, but overall his minutes have been limited. Sometimes he doesn't play. Not sure why as I haven't followed NCST. He was huge for NCST in their road victory @ Duke with 14 and 10 in only 19 minutes. Looked really good. The previous 2 games he was a DNP and since the Duke game he has scored only 11 pts in 6 games and is averaging about 7 minutes/gm.

Personally I don't think the staff will pursue him. But I wouldn't think it a bad idea if they did. Just wondering what other folks would think of that possibility.

Dude would prolly be 25 years old by then.
Hogs up! Covid down!

Amityvillehogger

Quote from: tncbg on February 18, 2017, 12:16:02 pm
I wonder how NC St finally got him eligible? We could have used that size.

I've wondered that also.
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: FineAsSwine on February 18, 2017, 02:01:43 pm

No age limit in college basketball. We would have rather had a 25 year old Joe Johnson than the 18 year old version.

Hogimus Prime

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on February 18, 2017, 03:55:52 pm
No age limit in college basketball. We would have rather had a 25 year old Joe Johnson than the 18 year old version.

No joke.  Al Dillard was close to drawing social security when he signed with the Hogs.

hogwood

Quote from: FineAsSwine on February 18, 2017, 02:01:43 pm

He'd probably turn 21 during his debut season here. So yeah he'd be a 21 year old sophomore technically.