Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yesterday P5 113-1 shot

Started by holeinthewall, February 17, 2017, 07:20:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

holeinthewall

I am assuming that paid on 4 of 5. I didn't play or see any racing yesterday. Just saw the payouts in the paper. 113-1 shot and a 20-1.  Glad I wasn't in that pool.

I have actually made more money on Place and Show bets at Oaklawn this year than anything. The payouts have been very good and very few huge favorites loaded up on in the pools.

heavylifting

You are correct. No ticket had all 5 winners, so 4 was good. Granted, most people bet into accounts nowadays, but yesterday would have been a good day to have brought a bag with you to scoop up tickets, just in case.

For what it's worth, Mary Rampellini of DRF had that 113-1 shot as her third choice in the selection grid. Her other two picks finished 3rd and 4th.

And Kenny Peck of DRF had the 6-1 first-time starter that won earlier on the card as his best bet of the day.

heavylifting

With Santa Anita canceling today, the pool in the P5 should be one of the highest, if not the highest, of the meet so far.

kingoftherapids

PATHETIC pool. not even worth to play it when there is 23k total in.  i bet today is  50-60 which would be a very good day.

heavylifting

Quote from: kingoftherapids on February 17, 2017, 09:45:27 am
PATHETIC pool. not even worth to play it when there is 23k total in.  i bet today is  50-60 which would be a very good day.

Agreed, but wouldn't be surprised if it's higher. Those west coast players like the multirace wagers. 80-90 wouldn't surprise me.

kingoftherapids

hope you are right. and i really wish oaklawn would show the pool amounts before the first race. that would dictate if i jumped in or not.

holeinthewall

Quote from: kingoftherapids on February 17, 2017, 10:00:32 am
hope you are right. and i really wish oaklawn would show the pool amounts before the first race. that would dictate if i jumped in or not.

Pretty much all tracks are showing the pools leading up to the race and the final tally after the race these days. Once again Oaklawn is late to the party.