Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Both Hotel/Convention Center's Move Forward in Jonesboro

Started by Seminole Indian, February 13, 2017, 08:04:00 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Seminole Indian

"The Jonesboro Hyatt Place Hotel and Convention Center broke ground at its site on Browns Lane Access Road, in the city's hotel district near Interstate 555, in August; its projected completion date is spring 2018. "

"The Embassy Suites Hotel and Red Wolf Convention Center on the Arkansas State University campus is approaching its ground-breaking date and also targets next spring for completion."

"I don't want to box myself in with a 'This is our opening day,' " said Chris Keller of CFK Hospitality of Effingham, Illinois, the company behind the Hyatt project. "We're looking at potentially April next year."

http://www.arkansasbusiness.com/article/115393/convention-center-projects-progress-in-jonesboro#

It is expected the one on the A-State Campus will be another big boast to their athletic program.
"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Seminole Indian on February 13, 2017, 08:04:00 am
"The Jonesboro Hyatt Place Hotel and Convention Center broke ground at its site on Browns Lane Access Road, in the city's hotel district near Interstate 555, in August; its projected completion date is spring 2018. "

"The Embassy Suites Hotel and Red Wolf Convention Center on the Arkansas State University campus is approaching its ground-breaking date and also targets next spring for completion."

"I don't want to box myself in with a 'This is our opening day,' " said Chris Keller of CFK Hospitality of Effingham, Illinois, the company behind the Hyatt project. "We're looking at potentially April next year."

http://www.arkansasbusiness.com/article/115393/convention-center-projects-progress-in-jonesboro#

It is expected the one on the A-State Campus will be another big boast to their athletic program.

Big mistake to do both. One is needed now, not two. I know certain people in Jonesboro would not like not having some degree of control over the one on campus and were going to move forward on the other one no matter what. Same for the one on campus. Also there are at least three to four hotels in town that need to be torn down. I personally know the owner of the company doing the off campus one and it is a good hotel company.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

widespreadsooie

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on February 21, 2017, 06:43:32 am
Big mistake to do both. One is needed now, not two. I know certain people in Jonesboro would not like not having some degree of control over the one on campus and were going to move forward on the other one no matter what. Same for the one on campus. Also there are at least three to four hotels in town that need to be torn down. I personally know the owner of the company doing the off campus one and it is a good hotel company.

Have there been any reasons to counter this argument? Why does Jonesboro need two convention centers, much less two more hotels?

Seminole Indian

Still looks like they are going to build two although the rumor is the one on the bypass has already had a couple of their finical backers pull out.

Think everyone agrees that they only need one, and that only one will make it..........the one on A-States Campus. 
"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

widespreadsooie

Quote from: Seminole Indian on February 21, 2017, 08:30:45 am
Still looks like they are going to build two although the rumor is the one on the bypass has already had a couple of their finical backers pull out.

Think everyone agrees that they only need one, and that only one will make it..........the one on A-States Campus. 

I would be pulling my money out too. An Embassy Suites/Convention Center on campus will leave the Browns Lane location bleeding I'm afraid.

HogCzar1

Perhaps, but if you are trying to attract a convention, or business meeting to your facility, there are many who don't want that on a college campus.

ricepig

Quote from: Seminole Indian on February 21, 2017, 08:30:45 am

Boy, you take every post and repeat it here, lol. Of course, just doing your community service work.....

Seminole Indian

ricepig