Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hogville Fantasy NASCAR 2018... join up here

Started by ImHogginIt, February 07, 2017, 01:47:25 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ImHogginIt

February 07, 2017, 01:47:25 am Last Edit: September 13, 2018, 10:32:33 pm by ImHogginIt

riccoar

holeinthewall

I will join up from home. Work computer doesn't let me onto fantasy sites. I am guessing there will be some bonus points for segment winners also?

Going to be interesting to see pit strategy and how teams use it to win segments especially teams that may not be able to win the race. Do they short pit and stretch fuel trying to steal those bonus points?

hoghelmet14

I am so horrible at fantasy that its embarrassing..... I never remember to change my lineup.... and when I do its still wrong!
Proud to be an American!  Proud to be an Arkansas Razorback Fan!

ImHogginIt

Quote from: hoghelmet14 on February 07, 2017, 04:51:41 pm
I am so horrible at fantasy that its embarrassing..... I never remember to change my lineup.... and when I do its still wrong!

It still makes watching a eace more exciting when you have some drivers doing well

holeinthewall

I got a great start last year built a big lead but then was running out of good starts and made some bad choices the last 1/3 of the season.  Lesson learned.

ImHogginIt

Shameless bump for 2017. Join up folks. The more teams the better.

ImHogginIt

Only 4 teams so far. If you know any NASCAR fans send em a link.

bulldog04

We have six teams now.  At least four more would be good

holeinthewall

We started with a quite a few last year and I think were down to 8 or so by years end.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: holeinthewall on February 15, 2017, 06:26:21 am
We started with a quite a few last year and I think were down to 8 or so by years end.

We had 12 and ended with 8

Racinray

ImHogginIt

str8volfan

ImHogginIt

Paging hoghelmet14. Time to pick a new favorite driver. I'm actually going to like seeing Bowyer in the 14. Always liked his personality.

str8volfan

how in the hell that Danica and Stenhouse are B class drivers is beyond me. This will be my 4th year doing fantasy racing (3-1) and I have never, not once picked Danica Patrick.

holeinthewall

Quote from: str8volfan on February 25, 2017, 09:56:19 pm
how in the hell that Danica and Stenhouse are B class drivers is beyond me. This will be my 4th year doing fantasy racing (3-1) and I have never, not once picked Danica Patrick.

It is based on last years points.  The cut off is around  Danica finished 24th in points. the difference is Danica has good equipment and can't do anything with it. Ricky on the other hand I think could win races in a competitive car. I think a lot of his mess ups are trying to overdrive a bad car. I think no one here doubts Biffle can drive a Cup car and he finished 3rd of the Roush drivers last year.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: str8volfan on February 25, 2017, 09:56:19 pm

If you do pick her your best bets for decent finish surprisingly are Loudon, Dover, Bristol, Richmond and Daytona.

ImHogginIt

Well I had a big points day going until Joey blew a tire

str8volfan

holeinthewall

Quote from: ImHogginIt on March 19, 2017, 08:44:55 pm
Well I had a big points day going until Joey blew a tire

For the 2nd week in a row Joes costs Kyle positions.

ImHogginIt

str8volfan

is there something going on with the fantasy league? I got my normal email, went to go and pick my drivers, it says I am not a member of the league anymore. Anybody else having trouble?

Racinray

str8volfan

Quote from: Racinray on May 24, 2017, 08:14:11 pm
Got the same thing.
good, I thought I had screwed something up. They probably just down for a little while. I normally make my picks on Monday, but I forgot about it this week.

riccoar

There was also quite a delay in updating this weeks drivers.  One of my C drivers didn't show up as NE = not entered until this AM after it **** locked

ImHogginIt

str8volfan

str8volfan

str8volfan

ImHogginIt

So... fess up. Any of you fellers ever pick Danica in all your years in fantasy racing ?

str8volfan

I picked her once at a plate track because I was trying to save my C drivers. Im not sure what has happened to me, I won the first 3 years I did fantasy, now I cant seem to pick a driver that finishes in the top 20. Apparently my strategy no longer works.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: str8volfan on August 20, 2017, 01:25:59 pm
I picked her once at a plate track because I was trying to save my C drivers. Im not sure what has happened to me, I won the first 3 years I did fantasy, now I cant seem to pick a driver that finishes in the top 20. Apparently my strategy no longer works.

Same here. Every week I pick someone who has issues and finishes in the high 30's. This week it was Ty Dillon. Bowyer let me down this week too.

ricepig

Quote from: ImHogginIt on August 20, 2017, 03:45:57 pm
Same here. Every week I pick someone who has issues and finishes in the high 30's. This week it was Ty Dillon. Bowyer let me down this week too.

Yeah, I had Danica in a plate race earlier, figuring I'd have to start her sometime. The guys on my bench would have me leading, lol. I zig, they zag.

holeinthewall

I just haven't had time during the week to go in and change my picks.

ImHogginIt

Congrats to 1FASTFORD on winning this years championship.  Maybe Ford's will catch up to the Toyota's next year

riccoar

Mark it, Ford's will struggle again.  Should have made the jump to Mustang.  When a manufacture switch's cars, I believe they also get to bring a new engine.  I think the Camaro's will be stout.

holeinthewall

Are you going to be setting up a 2018 group?

ImHogginIt

ImHogginIt

Yahoo is not offering Fantasy Racing for 2018. Anyone know a site that has it and is as easy to do as Yahoo ?

riccoar

riccoar

Racinray

Quote from: ImHogginIt on January 31, 2018, 05:11:55 pm
Anyone have a preference on which one ?
Which ever one is the easiest to maintain and play.

str8volfan

whichever one lets me win. That is, if you guys are gonna let me join again this year.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: Racinray on January 31, 2018, 07:38:24 pm
Which ever one is the easiest to maintain and play.

I'll take a look at each one in the next few days when I'm off work and maybe look around at some message boards to see what folks say about them then set one up

holeinthewall

riccoar

Yahoo email recommends NASCARS.  I'm game to do a league in both.