Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The XFL

Started by bkjbearcat, February 03, 2017, 11:02:18 am

Previous topic - Next topic

bkjbearcat

Anyone watch the 30 for 30 documentary? Pretty good and fair. I'll admit that when it was on I liked it. Wish they had a team in Kansas City. Stinks that the media, well ESPN hated it from start to finish. Almost to the point of slander. Maybe it was the Vince McMahon factor. I remember when he lost Sunday Night Football Ted Turner was interested in starting his own league. Would ESPN be more fair to a league run by Turner then McMahon? Who knows.

I'm glad they talked a little about how innovative it was in broadcasting. The sky cams, the huddle shots, putting mics on everyone, the over the QB's shoulder view. All started by the XFL.

Maybe McMahon went too big too soon. If done today maybe the teams would play in 15 to 20 thousand seat soccer stadiums and not 50 thousand football stadiums. A lot of the CFL seems to be going that way. Check it out, you'll be entertained.
B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S BEARCATS, BEARCATS GOOOOOOO BEARCATS!!!!!!!<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Football: 1998, 1999, 2009, 2013, 2015, 2016<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Mens Basketball: 2017, 2019, No.1 team in 2020,2021, 2022

widespreadsooie

I watched it, thought it was pretty good.