Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Southland anyone been lately?

Started by holeinthewall, February 03, 2017, 08:06:19 am

Previous topic - Next topic

holeinthewall

I have to run to Memphis tomorrow for a lunch meeting and then back.. Thought about stopping in Southland and checking it out since they have added on so much. I think it ahs been at 12 years since I have been in there. Anyone been lately?  How is it?  Was just going to grab a beer and watch a couple races on simulcast maybe play a dog race.

kingoftherapids

might as well. they had single deck black jack when i was there 2 years ago.

jdelo77

We went before the liberty bowl in 15 , they have made some decent improvements !

kingoftherapids

i went in the dog part and played a few races. it was like they took a inner city transit bus and rounded up all the homeless people in memphis. it was hard to see that many people betting 10 cent supers with what looked like the last couple dollars to their name.

holeinthewall

Quote from: kingoftherapids on February 03, 2017, 10:30:11 am
i went in the dog part and played a few races. it was like they took a inner city transit bus and rounded up all the homeless people in memphis. it was hard to see that many people betting 10 cent supers with what looked like the last couple dollars to their name.

So nothing has changed in the 25 years since I first went there.

holeinthewall

Well there wasn't a parking spot anywhere inside the Southland lot and I was parking out by the service RD and walking back to my car in the dark..  Brave and Stupid are two different things.  So I didn't get to check it out.

jdelo77

When we went a few years ago , I walked to get the car and it was what seemed like a mile away ! A cop was patrolling the lot , he asked me how I was doing , I responded with fine , he said they had a lot of vehicle thefts lately and he wanted to make sure I could find my car ...but as KOTR said , the crowd is rough ...