Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fianna Hills

Started by HognitiveDissonance, January 31, 2017, 03:55:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HognitiveDissonance

Is this course in Fort Smith private or semi-private?
Just wondering if there were opportunities for the public to play sometimes.
Thanks, I'll hang up and listen.

Boarcephus

To the best of my knowledge it's always been private.  We bought a house up in Fianna several years ago and it came with a free membership.  I called them and told them I had the free membership but wanted to play the course to see if I liked it and they said, sure pony up $75 (or whatever) it was and if I joined they'd waive it later.  Kind of halfway pissed me off and told them no thank you and went on about my business. 
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

GolfNut57

Quote from: Boarcephus on January 31, 2017, 05:56:33 pm
To the best of my knowledge it's always been private.  We bought a house up in Fianna several years ago and it came with a free membership.  I called them and told them I had the free membership but wanted to play the course to see if I liked it and they said, sure pony up $75 (or whatever) it was and if I joined they'd waive it later.  Kind of halfway pissed me off and told them no thank you and went on about my business.

Wait a minute. You bought a house that came with a FREE membership and they said you still had to JOIN in order to play the course? And pay $75 to boot? So what was the point of getting the free membership with the house then?
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

Boarcephus

Quote from: GolfNut57 on January 31, 2017, 10:03:06 pm
Wait a minute. You bought a house that came with a FREE membership and they said you still had to JOIN in order to play the course? And pay $75 to boot? So what was the point of getting the free membership with the house then?

The membership waived the initial membership fee so all I had to do was take up the monthly dues.  Before I decided to join the club just wanted to make sure I liked the course before I started plunking down $200-300 a month, or whatever it was back then. 
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

Arky

don't remember, can probably sign back to your country club, but hardscrabble is better imo

RazorPiggie

I believe anyone can play now. But I don't think its cheap.

RazorPiggie

Quote from: Arky on February 04, 2017, 04:55:13 pm
don't remember, can probably sign back to your country club, but hardscrabble is better imo

Scrabble is definitely better but even more expensive. Like minimum  $500 a month.