Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Desi Sills

Started by ricepig, January 27, 2017, 08:17:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

Hawg Red

Ruthless.

But I really do feel bad for the kid he dunked on. High school fixing to be rough on him.

ricepig

Rooka

Unreal to see live. Brought the place down.

The_Iceman

gogamer

Friday night High School Boys Roundup

JONESBORO 92, FORREST CITY 63 Desi Sills scored 31 points as host Jonesboro remained undefeated with a victory over Forrest City. Salisu Yahaya had 12 points for Jonesboro (20-0, 12-0 6A/5A-3), which led 57-32 at halftime, while Marquis Eaton had 11 and Jonathan Adams chipped in 10.

ricepig

Razorod

Quote from: ricepig on January 28, 2017, 10:47:37 am
https://twitter.com/ARHoopsDillon/status/825198526024056832
Hey Ricepig, what's your take on Desi? Definite SEC caliber player? Also, is combo guard the best description or his game or is he more of an undersized two guard?

Thanks for the pics and updates.
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

ricepig

Quote from: Razorod on January 28, 2017, 11:10:24 am
Hey Ricepig, what's your take on Desi? Definite SEC caliber player? Also, is combo guard the best description or his game or is he more of an undersized two guard?

Thanks for the pics and updates.

Most definitely a SEC caliber player, maybe even a high major! Ok, that wasn't nice, lol. Desi can play for sure, he's a little streaky at times on the 3 ball, but shoots it well enough. He can get to the rim and finish, and will have the body to take the punishment. He'll play the point next year, so I think he'll be able to play that as well.

onebadrubi

Was that even a foul?  lol

pigture perfect

I don't think so. The kid was collapsing before Sills even took off.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

onebadrubi

Quote from: pigture perfect on January 28, 2017, 11:42:23 am
I don't think so. The kid was collapsing before Sills even took off.

If thats the case then it is a foul.  It appeared Sills basically clears him on his jump though. You can not anticipate the charge, you have to take.

swinesation

That's some serious hops!!

Bacon_Bitz

Jumped off that poor kid's nuts

ricepig

3kgthog

Looks like he got a nice boost after putting his foot right in the kid's midsection.

Hawg414

yeah, thats an impressive highlight regardless.  but im pretty sure you cant use the defenders nuts as a step ladder.  haha

bulldog04

Reminds me of that dunk Gulley had against Cal

The_Iceman

Teddy Gipson 2.0? Trying to think of the last athletic lefty wing we had.

Rawker

#20 on the other team:  "Man, you're on your own.....I ain't helpin' your a** up neither."

songofthesword

More athletic antob beArd but not as good a spot up shooter. I think his natural position is point like anton just has other talent on the team

ricepig

Quote from: songofthesword on January 30, 2017, 08:36:09 pm
More athletic antob beArd but not as good a spot up shooter. I think his natural position is point like anton just has other talent on the team

Time well tell on the shooting, he's improved a lot since last year, and I assume will again next year. Desi is a worker, he wants it.

Kevin McPherson

Quote from: ricepig on January 30, 2017, 09:01:40 pm
Time well tell on the shooting, he's improved a lot since last year, and I assume will again next year. Desi is a worker, he wants it.

He drained 2-3 clutch 3s in Jonesboro's come-back win over Tulsa Central a couple of weeks ago in LR ... he also powered his way to some and-1 three-point-plays down the stretch of that game ... he took over!

OnTheHillHogFan

He's also about 2-3 inches taller than Beard.
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

ricepig

Quote from: HOGdayafternoon on January 30, 2017, 09:20:27 pm
He drained 2-3 clutch 3s in Jonesboro's come-back win over Tulsa Central a couple of weeks ago in LR ... he also powered his way to some and-1 three-point-plays down the stretch of that game ... he took over!

No doubt, he's relentless, hopefully he doesn't get so good he wants to go to Kentucky, lol.

songofthesword

Not saying he cant shoot but if beard can set his feet its damn near automatic and hes always been a great shooter. Desi will be the better player if he can transition to the point he will have next level measurables.  Of that entire 18 class sills is my fav joe is going to need some work Henderson is still not an offensive player and the kid from ga i dont think he has a position,sills. I hate to use this reference but his game reminds me of javarious chrittingtons (sp) who played at tech then for the lakers who well...isnt playing for the lakers anymore.  Same build same game both are scoring point guards

NWAHog479

Quote from: The_Iceman on January 29, 2017, 03:35:01 pm
Teddy Gipson 2.0? Trying to think of the last athletic lefty wing we had.

I like it

The_Iceman

sickboy

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 01, 2017, 11:56:48 am
Found a throwback to Teddy:

https://youtu.be/6vSm9jC_MoY

I see similarities.

Loved me some Teddy Gipson. Guy was fun to watch.

RazorAg

Quote from: songofthesword on January 31, 2017, 02:02:23 pm
Not saying he cant shoot but if beard can set his feet its damn near automatic and hes always been a great shooter. Desi will be the better player if he can transition to the point he will have next level measurables.  Of that entire 18 class sills is my fav joe is going to need some work Henderson is still not an offensive player and the kid from ga i dont think he has a position,sills. I hate to use this reference but his game reminds me of javarious chrittingtons (sp) who played at tech then for the lakers who well...isnt playing for the lakers anymore.  Same build same game both are scoring point guards

Am I reading this right? You're comparing 6'9 CF Reggie Perry to 6'5 PG Javaris Crittenton. Just want to make sure before I respond more.

HawgnCorona

I think he is referring to Desi...He thinks Reggie has no position skills.
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

Kevin McPherson

Quote from: HawgnCorona on February 04, 2017, 10:36:20 am
I think he is referring to Desi...He thinks Reggie has no position skills.

Haha, well, RP has 21 double-doubles in 22 games, and has at least TWO 20-20 games. I literally got a phone call from him and his AAU coach, Kevin Howard of the Hawks, about 20 minutes ago. Howard is down in Thomasville this weekend to see RP play.

Lots of great quotes that I'll tweet out this weekend, and then I'll have a story next week with more online at SportingLifeArkansas.com

https://twitter.com/ARHoopScoop/status/827918554251067392

https://twitter.com/ARHoopScoop/status/827919396651806722

HawgnCorona

Kevin, I was laughing too..Im not sure what makes him believe that. I cant wait to get this guy in a Razorback uniform. Skills galore...
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

wwrogers5

wwrogers5

began the game driving to the basket and hitting lay ups and short jumper, second half fake the drive and take open 3's ended up with 28, rebounds, and assists. Can do it all and with this year and next years class we should return to the program we used to be.

Razorod

Quote from: wwrogers5 on February 04, 2017, 02:03:36 pm
began the game driving to the basket and hitting lay ups and short jumper, second half fake the drive and take open 3's ended up with 28, rebounds, and assists. Can do it all and with this year and next years class we should return to the program we used to be.
Thanks for the report. I'm looking forward to seeng these guys in Hog uniforms.
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.