Chrome outside post 12
1 (10%)
Arrogate inside post 1
9 (90%)
someone else
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 10

kingoftherapids

came down to chrome getting the 7 or 12 and he drew the 12. he draws the 7 and i firmly believe chrome is able to sit off arrogate and beat him in the stretch. now the 12 hole presents a whole new deal. almost thing he has to be sent... and almost have to think a repeat of the classic is in order.

ghostzapper

Arrogate just resolved the "who's better" debate between him and American Pharoah.

ghostzapper

Gulfstream Winter/Spring meet is, consistnetly, the best betting opportunity of the year.

userpick

Quote from: ghostzapper on January 28, 2017, 07:01:18 pm
Gulfstream Winter/Spring meet is, consistnetly, the best betting opportunity of the year.

Not for me. You have a different juicer every week

ghostzapper

You have that problem at every track. Horses run closer to potential/form at good prices than any other track.

userpick

I would disagree with your first sentence. There may be cheaters at every track but they're usually the same ones. Seems like there's a different one every week at GP. There's basically no rules down there.

ghostzapper

What?  GP's trainer standings are pretty consistent.

userpick

Standings wise yes, but doesn't mean there's not some guy no one has ever heard of that wins at 44-1 out of nowhere.

HogFanInBryant

Quote from: ghostzapper on January 28, 2017, 06:59:55 pm
Arrogate just resolved the "who's better" debate between him and American Pharoah.

I disagree...both fresh and both 100% AP would run off from Arrogate in a hand ride.

ghostzapper

Hardly.  AP's best race by far was his BC win, in which he had everything his way.  Nobody good ran behind him.  Arrogate's last 2 races of 2016 were better than AP's BC win and he had to run down a horse as good as AP to win his BC. AP topped thhe 110 Beyer mark once.  123, 121 and 116 for Arrogate's last 3. 

jdelo77

Arrogate didn't run in the triple crown , kind of hard to compare the two based on that alone ...arrogate will keep running when AP will be standing stud ...apples and oranges

ghostzapper

Quote from: userpick on January 28, 2017, 10:34:19 pm
Standings wise yes, but doesn't mean there's not some guy no one has ever heard of that wins at 44-1 out of nowhere.

That happens at every track too.  I find GP offers more of those kinds of payoffs that are formful or otherwise predictable than other tracks.

HogFanInBryant

Quote from: ghostzapper on January 29, 2017, 09:46:50 am
Hardly.  AP's best race by far was his BC win, in which he had everything his way.  Nobody good ran behind him.  Arrogate's last 2 races of 2016 were better than AP's BC win and he had to run down a horse as good as AP to win his BC. AP topped thhe 110 Beyer mark once.  123, 121 and 116 for Arrogate's last 3. 

Not a Beyer guy when it comes to upper talent.  Just my opinion...but I think AP would destroy Arrogate at any distance from 1m to 1.5m.

HogFanInBryant

Quote from: jdelo77 on January 29, 2017, 09:53:18 am
Arrogate didn't run in the triple crown , kind of hard to compare the two based on that alone ...arrogate will keep running when AP will be standing stud ...apples and oranges

I agree with hard to compare.  Just my opinion is all...AP's body language and stride deep into a race was a notch better than Arrogate.  Totally throw out Saratoga for AP...he was sick, hated the track (that day for some reason), and other valid excuses.

userpick

Arrogate would romp over AP, imo.

hogoffate

Let's take it up a notch or 10. 
Arrogate vs Secretariat?

jdelo77

AP or Arrogate ..We will never know who is better ...

Arrogate or secretariat ? Is that a joke ...big red every day of the week !!!!

hogoffate

Quote from: jdelo77 on January 29, 2017, 06:10:56 pm
AP or Arrogate ..We will never know who is better ...

Arrogate or secretariat ? Is that a joke ...big red every day of the week !!!!
And twice on Sunday !!!

ghostzapper

I think Secretariat is the best ever.  But, Arrogate's Pegasus time has now been lowered .8 of a second for the track record at 1 1/8 miles. Beyer now a 119.  He keeps that up and he'll start comparing favorably to Big Red.